Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FLeXiN420NyC

FLeXiN420NyC

Learn how to 'bottom water' (and feed). Simply put, place the plant in a tray of some sort that will hold water, you want it at least 2" high. Fill the tray with about an inch of water to start, then let the soil soak it up. Since the water's just running off, you may need to do this a few times to really get the soil moistened well. If there's water left after several hours, you can remove it if you like. Once you really get it down you'll be able to add just enough water that it will be soaked up and the soil won't be left too wet, but just moist.

By using this method you can water less frequently (according to your style of every other day right now), yet more thoroughly. Once the plants get really going though, you may find yourself back in daily watering territory.

Capillary action, IN action.

Beyond that, you'll want to click through the site. Every section has a Post New Thread link at the top of the section. However, we do ask that you do a little searching before posting a thread, just to make sure your question hasn't already been answered, possibly better even, elsewhere. :)

Thank you. I appreciate that. I'll give that a try and sorry I do apologize for posting this here. With that also I'll try to search for my answers before posting. Again thanks for the advices.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No problem, I don't recall bottom-watering being a specific post or thread subject here. And no worries, all you did was bump an active thread. :)

Just don't post the same thread multiple times, or I'll take away the cookies. :D

FLeXiN420NyC

FLeXiN420NyC

No problem, I don't recall bottom-watering being a specific post or thread subject here. And no worries, all you did was bump an active thread. :)

Just don't post the same thread multiple times, or I'll take away the cookies. :D

Lol got it

D

darkcloudy

*Thank you for sharing, seriously*

Can you post your ratios please? I am looking to do something quite like this and you have already blazed a trail, so to speak...
Sorry for the delay. Have been busy harvesting and setting up the next cycle. I loved the bubba so much I am going to do a majority of her next and a rest a GSC cut I got from the same source as Bubba. Not sure if it is a real GSC as there is so much crap that goes around. But he usually always has fire and it came highly recommended. So needless to say I am eager to run it.

I yielded a modest 4.5 gpw with the above mentioned mix supplemented only by Aerated Compost/Guanos teas.
This time I will be doing the same also with a heavy dose of BioCanna line of BioFlores and BioBoost.

As far as my ratios for this particular mix to make little over 180 gallons of medium:
21 cu. ft. Botanicare CocoRox as the base (Cocorox is just Coco already pre-mixed with Diatomite, I will be adding 4 bags of larger sized Diatomite as well to my next mix to make it a little more aerated.)
120lbs Earth Worm Castings
60lbs Alaskan Humus
36oz Humic Acid Ore
12 cup Azomite
26 cup Insect Frass
10lb Kelp meal (Will be trying 20lbs next run)
10lb Oyster Shell
10 cups Dry Molasses
10 cups Pyroclay
20 cups Alfafa Meal
20 cups of Soft Rock Phosphate and Chicken Manure mix (Will be replaced by 20lbs of straight Chicken manure next run)
2.5 cups of Neem meal (Will be upped to atleast 5-10cups next run)
2.5 cups of Karanja meal (once again will be upped, just heard too much of Neem or Karanja can inhibit microbial growth, but I saw no such occurence, so I will be upping amounts next cycle)
25lbs Fossilized Seabird Guano
20lbs Fossilized Bat Guano

My teas usually include a variety of the above ingredients depending on what stage of their growth cycle they are in.

I am also in the process of making my own compost instead of having to buy EWC and Alsakan Humus which I highly recommend to any future Veganic/Organic grower.

D

darkcloudy

Platinum Purple Kush did not disappoint by any means and is a amazing smoke and couch lock high. But the density of the Bubba from top nug to bottom branch can not be matched. Plus it is even a heavier knock out high and seemed to finish faster then the PPK so all in all it is the strain I want in my room right now.

PPK
Bubba
spacebomb

spacebomb

whats the green sand for,? like a long time.i.e 2,yrs slow break down to actually build the soil? so it gets better + better after each crop?. i re use my soil now.IN DOOR GROWER. only once tho.+ only the loose gear! its good for the vegging plants .ive found doing that with. WELL flushed soil.enzymes + CAPS PACKS. MAINLY CAPS PACKS! i dont even have to feed anything but some enzymes and a lil h2 + f1 acid! works amazing.. thanks to patanjali. + seamaiden. :-). cheers guys i was TOTALLY WRONG.AND YOU GUYS WERE 100% CORRECT.thank you.hahaha.
This, about 17 +/- a gallon of Premier peat moss,10 gal of rice hulls,6 gal of EWC,3 cups Green sand,dolo 2 cps,Gypsum 2 cps,Dio earth 2 cps, 1 Kis Nutrient pack(makes 3o + gallons),had to compromise on this,Biofora fish and seaweed compost 1.5 cu.ft,Humasolve. Watered in with tea.:cool::D

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Sorry for the delay. Have been busy harvesting and setting up the next cycle. I loved the bubba so much I am going to do a majority of her next and a rest a GSC cut I got from the same source as Bubba. Not sure if it is a real GSC as there is so much crap that goes around. But he usually always has fire and it came highly recommended. So needless to say I am eager to run it.

I yielded a modest 4.5 gpw with the above mentioned mix supplemented only by Aerated Compost/Guanos teas.
This time I will be doing the same also with a heavy dose of BioCanna line of BioFlores and BioBoost.

As far as my ratios for this particular mix to make little over 180 gallons of medium:
21 cu. ft. Botanicare CocoRox as the base (Cocorox is just Coco already pre-mixed with Diatomite, I will be adding 4 bags of larger sized Diatomite as well to my next mix to make it a little more aerated.)
120lbs Earth Worm Castings
60lbs Alaskan Humus
36oz Humic Acid Ore
12 cup Azomite
26 cup Insect Frass
10lb Kelp meal (Will be trying 20lbs next run)
10lb Oyster Shell
10 cups Dry Molasses
10 cups Pyroclay
20 cups Alfafa Meal
20 cups of Soft Rock Phosphate and Chicken Manure mix (Will be replaced by 20lbs of straight Chicken manure next run)
2.5 cups of Neem meal (Will be upped to atleast 5-10cups next run)
2.5 cups of Karanja meal (once again will be upped, just heard too much of Neem or Karanja can inhibit microbial growth, but I saw no such occurence, so I will be upping amounts next cycle)
25lbs Fossilized Seabird Guano
20lbs Fossilized Bat Guano

My teas usually include a variety of the above ingredients depending on what stage of their growth cycle they are in.

I am also in the process of making my own compost instead of having to buy EWC and Alsakan Humus which I highly recommend to any future Veganic/Organic grower.
4.5 GPW really that must have been wet weight with stalk and fans

D

darkcloudy

4.5 GPW really that must have been wet weight with stalk and fans
My mistake as I typed that too fast without checking for typos. Obviously meant .45gpw :dead:
My note on this mix is it can be re-used. How well, I will know in my outside garden, but I am pretty confident it can get 3-4 uses before any thought of tossing it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi SeaF0ur, outside image hosting is not allowed here, gotta upload directly to the site. :)

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I see... I'll do that from now on, I usually have issues with forums as far as the size or format of my pics... hopefully I wont have that issue here. thanks for the heads up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Logic, the site owner/admin, has set it up with a module or software feature that should automatically resize your pix for you. If it doesn't then you may have to resize, but in the meantime he's disallowed outside hosting for security reasons.

In the meantime, please do keep on posting pix here! I personally LOVE seeing more organic heads coming around. :D

D

darkcloudy

Bubba first
Platinum Purple Kush the second. Loved this pheno that just went fully Purple on me.

IMG 20131208 034924 793 1
IMG 20131125 021607 078 1
D

darkcloudy

Here's a mystery. I got this cut as platinum og but it doesn't grow or smell like platinum. It smells like something along the lines of a Jack herrer family.

IMG 20131117 244133 514 1
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Here's a mystery. I got this cut as platinum og but it doesn't grow or smell like platinum. It smells like something along the lines of a Jack herrer family.
I have the platinum GSC from the guy who developed it for Berner... that doesn't look like it.
=(
I'm not hatin' on your source. I'm just saying I run the GSC and from what I see, that isn't it.
GSC looks very distinctive by mid-flower.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Also, THANK you for replying with your ratios. Deeply appreciated.

oregonized

oregonized

So am i am doing some mine grows inside with LED's and I made up a small batch of new soil.

My proportions if you did 3 cf would =

1/3 Peat
1/3 Compost [no EWC nearby, rats]
1/3 Perlite / 1/4" -1/8" screened basalt and granite chips

2 lbs of Rock dust per CF
4 oz of Dried Stinging Nettle Powder
4 0z of Dried Vetch Powder [Vivica spp.]
[I did add a little gypsum as well, because this is the 1st time with Home-Made rock dust and I wanted to be sure and buffer the peat.
-Need to add Dia Earth, forgot too, oops.....

Watered down with a Diastatic Malt Soak [1 tbsp / gallon].

After it cooks, I am also will be foliar spraying with aloe and adding fresh aloe and coconut water to the waterings.

Top dress with more compost into flower.

Thoughts?

I can't find rice hulls anywhere. Also, getting ready for crawdad season in 30 days. Going to make crawdad/ fish hydrolysate [rot it] and Shell powder......kinda geeked about the DIY. peace and grow.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought gypsum didn't shift pH. I see you've learned about malt. ;)

When you say home-made rock dust, I'd like to know more about what you did.

oregonized

oregonized

I thought gypsum didn't shift pH. I see you've learned about malt. ;)

When you say home-made rock dust, I'd like to know more about what you did.

As far as everything I have read, gypsum when broken down can help buffer the peat. Which I went back to, just to try again...lol. The rock dust should have what I need, but since it's DIY, I don't have an analysis!

I do have some pics of the rock I pick up if that would help. Basically the geology of my area is lava and basalt outcroppings over old seafloor [limestone with other Calcium Carbonate rock types] with 1:1 type volcanic clays [non-expanding aka montmorillite] and their are even older plutons of granite or plugs that source a fair amount of granite stones in the river too.

I know enough to pick up the vesicular andesite, pumice and other rhyolitic rocks as well as the granite stones that are around too. Then after its a crapshoot of lighter colored rocks for Alkaline ingredients for buffering, like CaCO3.

Top Bottom