Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey guys, I know it's fun to post up your grow pix, but this thread is now being filled with pages of photos instead of soil mix discussion. We would love to see your grow threads! :)

GroVerde

GroVerde

Yea it sucks but it's a learning experience and it's just one plant all my others look great.
Yea def a good lesson learned on my end i had done it to a few of mine hah. But yeah that secret sour i cant wait to see the finished harvest

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No worries, but I can see you're both excited to show off your grows and frankly, they'll just end up buried here. These deserve their own threads. :)

Groperco

Groperco

Hey guys, I know it's fun to post up your grow pix, but this thread is now being filled with pages of photos instead of soil mix discussion. We would love to see your grow threads! :)
My bad I'll move it to grow threads.

S

Sully2842

Hey all I just got through reading these 43 pages of info and man was it some good stuff. I've been reading here along with other organic gardening books and I follow some no till/organic growers on YouTube and it's been a great help. I'm going to be making the jump into organic soon as well. After studying a bit I think I have a mostly solid plan for soil, let me know what you think.
Base Mix- mine is 6cuft​
25% peat
25% worm castings
25% FFOF/happy frog
25% aeration: 50/50 perlite & clay balls
6C ea brown rice/oats/cover crop
Lime Amendments​
Still unsure about lime and amounts needed, from what I've read I was planning on a 50/50 of Espoma garden lime and DTE oyster shell @ 1C per cuft. Please clarify for me if you can.
Mineral Mix: 4C/cuft?​
Espoma Greensand
DTE Azomite
Nuterient Amendments: 3C/cuft?
Veg soil mix​
Espoma bio tone
Espoma alfalfa meal, cottonseed meal, and kelp meal
Flower soil mix​
Espoma plant tone
Espoma bulb tone
Espoma alfalfa meal, cottonseed meal, and kelp meal

For the flower and veg mixes the soil is seperated and amended as such, not as one giant mix with both Amendments in it. I hope this part makes sense. Thanks in advance for the input!

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Cant we use mussell shells as calcium too just pulverized i think?

Dunge

Dunge

25% FFOF/happy frog
25% aeration: 50/50 perlite & clay balls
Just a few notes on your list.

FFOF is very much the target most super soils are shooting for. To pay retail, and then mix it into your menu is either redundant or superfluous. (not a linguist, but hopefully you catch my drift)

Aeration: So long as the resultant soil has sufficient drainage, additions of neutral materials largely TAKE UP SPACE.
This may be seen as equivalent to reducing pot size.

NOTICE: the following mix is TOO HOT FOR SEEDLINGS and FRESH CLONES so dilute with more ProMix

FBXseeds super soil

This formulation is extracted from readings on the subject on thcfarmer.com and a desire to create a reproducible medium from available products.

When properly executed, six bags of purchased goods will blend together to yield a very reliable organic soil.

It is demonstrated to carry a plant through flower in a three gallon pot. Water, light, humidity (most like about 50%), and keep the temps in the 75 to 85 deg F range. Heavy watering every 3-5 days.

one bag of each:
ProMix large bale
compost large bag from Down to Earth (DTE)
Worm castings from DTE if you can find them or the best you can get.
3 pound bag of blood meal
3 pound bag of bone meal
DTE high P Bat Guano (0-7-0) or like product like rock phosphate.

Mix well and use.

If smaller quantities are wanted the bucket recipe is:
ProMix - one five gallon bucket
Compost - 6 pounds 7.5 quarts
worm castings - 3.8 pounds 2.75 quarts
blood meal - 136g 210 ml.
bone meal - 136g 220 ml.
bat guano - 384 ml.

The closest commercial product I know of that aspires to like requirements is Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

happy frog,down to earth humic acid granulars,down to earth vegan mix,wormpower ewc,insect frass,bat guano(highN),seabird guano(highP),kelp meal,neem meal,lobster meal,epsoma garden tone,basalt rock dust,azomite,oyster shell flour,ag lime.i add 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil.. i let this cook for 2 months before planting. im a outdoor guerilla grower and this lasts the whole 6 months of my grow

Last edited:
T

The Og

Wow Wonder Dawg!
Your room is beautiful! Great job! Obviously not organic but holy wow, you have your setup tuned quite nicely! Loving your high ceilings and double ended fixtures!

I am just rebooting my small organic garden.

I have been using a mix of

1 part Bio Canna Soil
1 part Gaia Green Worm Cast
.75 Part Grow Stone Aerator

Per Cu/ft
one hand of Oyster Flour
1/2 hand of Kelp Meal
3 hand of Glacial Rock Dust

Only three transplant max with wavy air pots and 15 Gal root pouch to finish.
Used mycorrhizae on the root balls during transplant.

Top dressed with High N guano in Veg and High P when flowers produce...

Teas and brews for foliar and feedings.
5 gal bucket
2 cups worm
1/2 cup Bio Canna dirt
1/2 cup Rock Dust
1 tablespoon diluted Cane Sugar
Brewed for at least 18 hrs - 24 hrs top

Feeding so far

GO Biothrive Grow
GO Ca Mg+ (only a few weeks into veg once a week till transition. would rather a CaMg+ with zero Nitrate or carb, so I may make a Cal Phos.)
GO Bio Weed
GO Diamond Black

Flower Nutes
Canna Bio Flores
GO Bio Bud
GO Bio Weed
GO CaMg+
GO Diamond Black

So far im only getting into the flower stages and my temps are shit , just throwing it all together and working into my personal med grow. all organic mostly vganic no cook... waiting to go No till.

P1060658
Wonder Dawg

Wonder Dawg

Wow, Bravo wonder dawg. Looks amazing. I've got 2 questions for you. How do you access your plants? How do you brew your compost and guano teas?
Your room looks incredible..:fire:
Thanks!
I can access them all from underneath the canopy as I train them with a single (untopped) stalk until about three feet. Other than a defoliation round around half way through flowering I generally don't need to go in there as they are all fed through drip irrigation. I brew all of my teas in a 25 gallon barrel with an air a couple water pumps for circulation. I use a combination of equal parts Alaskan and California humus soil and an organic molasses based bioactivator from a local company called "Bountea".

Wonder Dawg

Wonder Dawg

Wow Wonder Dawg!
Your room is beautiful! Great job! Obviously not organic but holy wow, you have your setup tuned quite nicely! Loving your high ceilings and double ended fixtures!

Lol! Thanks. Not sure what makes it so obvious I don't run an organic setup. Actually, I run a certified "clean green" garden. It's the closest certification a cannabis grower can get to "organic" in the state of California. Since cannabis has not been approved by the FDA, technically none of it is "organic" nor can it be. I'd be happy to send you a list of the nutrients and processes I use . Everything I grow is lab tested and sold in legal dispensaries. All of my ashes burn white ;)

Top Bottom