Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Larry.G

Larry.G

You gotta keep it the same, and find a lab that will run [email protected] for high calcium soils. I use Spectrum Analytical and I pay for the K3 package. Every sample you put through this will auto be uploaded to my agronomist Excel spread sheet. We have a pretty large data base going on what cannabis requirements are.

Depends on who you study.
Cal 65-80
Mg 12-25
k 4-8
Na less than 1%
hydrogen less than 10%
P should = K
Mn greater than Fe

I have been pushing
Cal 85
Mg 8
K 4
N less than 1%
Hydrogen 4%

Thanks. I'm going to send off a few samples for the K3 test and send you the results with the mix recipes - if you'd like you can add them to the database.

P.S. How do you get Cal so high? Ag Cal or Dolomite? Or is it from the EWC/Compost?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Ca is very ph dependent. Anything under 6ph where Mg is needed, we use Dolomite lime. After 6.0 most use gypsum. Any calcium will raise your ph, but the sulfur in the gypsum fights that and stays fairly even. There is also Cal Nitrate, and VanSil. Cal nitrate is not organic, and carries N. VanSil will bring silicone to the table, but easy to over do the silicone. So the answer is different in almost every garden, but from the many tests I have seen, gypsum is the answer.

Check out this page on spectrum's web site, gives calcs for gypsum requirements. http://www.spectrumanalytic.com/doc/library/articles/gypsum

Last edited:
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
How do you know I don't pal? Grow a thicker skin.Who else besides slownickel says to push 85%?
Everybody who has tried it.
Yeah that must be it, I know nothing abut base saturation and Im sure as hell not going to argue with the likes of you. 85% comes at a cost.......Adios Im done and out

Poor bulldog420 always getting picked on. Grow a sack you child. .

Yup that must be it. I also don't recall EVER taking a shot at you even when you certainly deserved it. Actually bit my lip for your benefit a few times but Im glad we got that cleared up now. I won't be ignoring you

Sigh........
In a soil thread I throw up soil tests, books on where to learn optimal base saturation, and I got this guy poo pooing everything with nothing to back it up, all while calling names....... Sigh........

I was talking soil, I guess you are just trying to prove you are tuff or something? Is leadsled your consultant? That is starting to make a ton of sense....... Ask him about the million dollars he has cost the industry and a few farmers........

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah its a conspiracy bro! but aside from that you are really bad at ignoring.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

I have been using Oak litter (leaves, acorns, twigs) with really good success this in soil mixes so I decided to take it a step further and see if maybe the acorn meal is the true culprit. The snow just melted here so all of the shells are splitting and starting to germinate. I figure a few 5 gal buckets in water for a week will take off the shells so I can mash it to try as a fertilizer source.
Coco/peat/lime/ricehull/acorn should tell me something.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I grow in 45 gallon bags indoors and this is the mix I am running to make one bag now always trying to cut down on cost but not quality as my understanding grows as a grower/farmer. I tried more gypsum and EWC on the last run but trying to make it cheaper and reduce redundancies.

10 gallon hydrated peat moss
5 gal hydrated coco
10 gal rice hull
10 gal raked up oak leaves/acorns/twigs
2.5 gal EWC
2 lbs gypsum
2 lbs crab meal
2 lbs kelp
2 lbs soybean meal
2 lbs bone char

Feed with fish hydrolysate and epsom salt from time to time.

Skunker762

Skunker762

New here..

Thought I'd share my mix for a first post. It's basically super soil so nothing too exciting lol.

Base Soil: 3.8cuft Promix bx with Mycorrhyzae

Earth Worm Castings: 1 cup per gallon
High "N" Bat Guano: 3.5 cups
Neem Meal: 3.5 cups
Crab Meal: 2 cups
Kelp Meal: 2 cups
Alfalfa Meal: 3.5 cups
Langbeinite: 1.75 cups
Oyster Shell: 2 cups
Azomite: 2 cups
Humic Acid: 1 cup
Rock Phosphate: 3 cups
High "P" Sea Bird Guano: 2 cups

I let it cook for for 6 to 8 weeks before use. Also make different teas throughout veg and flower.

Any suggestions to make it better?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

New here..

Thought I'd share my mix for a first post. It's basically super soil so nothing too exciting lol.

Base Soil: 3.8cuft Promix bx with Mycorrhyzae

Earth Worm Castings: 1 cup per gallon
High "N" Bat Guano: 3.5 cups
Neem Meal: 3.5 cups
Crab Meal: 2 cups
Kelp Meal: 2 cups
Alfalfa Meal: 3.5 cups
Langbeinite: 1.75 cups
Oyster Shell: 2 cups
Azomite: 2 cups
Humic Acid: 1 cup
Rock Phosphate: 3 cups
High "P" Sea Bird Guano: 2 cups

I let it cook for for 6 to 8 weeks before use. Also make different teas throughout veg and flower.

Any suggestions to make it better?
it looks really solid to me almost exacty what i use except i add basalt rock dust and seabird guano..i like the seabird guano for the extra calcium it brings and the basalt rock dust over the rock phospate,but what u have is really good

Skunker762

Skunker762

Thanks kygiacomo! I really like the sea bird guano for that same reason...all that phosphorus and calcium. Never used any basalt rock dust though. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Organikz

Organikz

I go old school KISS. Bone meal, blood meal, and kelp meal for amendments. Shredded hardwood and clover/ryegrass mix take it from there.

Skunker762

Skunker762

Any suggestions to make my mix simpler?

I've thought about cutting back to
Bio-live, neem meal, EWC, azomite, high p seabird guano(which is high cal too) and Epsom salt.

I'd imagine this would work fine but any inputs welcome.

Here's a nug from my latest harvest:

IMG 20171018 155038
Tmp cam 356121187
Hpo777

Hpo777

1 part Sunshine mix #4(omri cert)
1 part Malibus compost
1/4 part perlite(exclude this if your outdoor that's what I do, mix #4 has perlite just not enough for indoors)

1tsp per gal of soil of
Crab meal
Bat guano
Fish bone meal
Kelp meal

2 tbsp per gal of
Azomite
Alfalfa meal

1 1/2cup per gal
Ewc

Give it a feeding of a compost tea about 2 weeks in to really get things breaking down and start a solid microherd.(ewc, fish hydrosolate, alfalfa meal tea)
20170630 110615
20171116 161248
20171126 081140

Northernpop

Northernpop

My mix is fairly simple. I only feed with seaweed extract during grow, then use Growth Technology’s Ionic Bloom and PK boost. I also use bio teas, and bio-silica. I've amended it a few times (with amendments), but this is my current soil mix:

Indoor Soil mix - Northernpop 2018

Total = 80 litres (4 pots x 20 litres under scrog)
48 litres canna terra professional (60% total mix)
20 litres Perlite (25% total mix plus perlite in Terra pro)
10 litres worm castings (12.5% total mix)
2 litres neem fertiliser ((pesticide/fertiliser/soil conditioner/biostimulant (2.5% total mix))
800ml Ecothrive Charge ((fertiliser/soil conditioner/biostimulant (<1% total mix))
45ml Garden lime containing calcium and magnesium

Any feedback will be appreciated, and noted.

Happy growing !!

Smoke86

Smoke86

Lol! Thanks. Not sure what makes it so obvious I don't run an organic setup. Actually, I run a certified "clean green" garden. It's the closest certification a cannabis grower can get to "organic" in the state of California. Since cannabis has not been approved by the FDA, technically none of it is "organic" nor can it be. I'd be happy to send you a list of the nutrients and processes I use . Everything I grow is lab tested and sold in legal dispensaries. All of my ashes burn white ;)
could you send me the list? thank you very much if you do.

N

Nozs

30% Pro Mix HP
30% Worm Castings
15% Pearlite
15% Vermiculite
10% chicken manure

Amendments (per cubic ft)
Epsom Salt 1/2 cup
Neem SeedM 1/2 cup
Seabird guano 1 tsp
Fish bone meal 1/2 cup
Crab meal 1/2 cup
Kelp meal 1/2 cup
Azomite 1 cup
Lime 1 tsp

Also a buttload of worms and clover thrown on top for N and ground cover

Last edited:
N

Nozs

Im thinkin you're talkin about the epsom. Yeah I had to get my ph within the 6-7 range so I added that. I'm going to be allowing it to get eaten by worms for a month or so before I use it. Usually, I dont use epsom at all.

N

Nozs

Im thinkin you're talkin about the epsom. Yeah I had to get my ph within the 6-7 range so I added that. I'm going to be allowing it to get eaten by worms for a month or so before I use it. Usually, I dont use epsom at all.

Also just realized. That should say 1/2 a tblspn per cuft instead of cup on epsom as well. Sorry about that. Looking at list all the time is making me blind lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom