Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Hey everyone I've seen a couple threads with different soil mixes in them and I was thinking It might not be a bad idea to compile them into this thread. I'm also interested to see what mixes everyone is working with. So here goes this is my soil mix I've been messing around with lately.

Soil Mix:
3 cubic ft Master Nursery potting soil(peat based)(1.5 bags)
25lb Napa floor dry(diatomite)(1 bag)
.5 cubic ft Ancient Forest Humus(1 bag)
1 1/6 cup mykos(mychorhizae)
3.5 cups insect frass(2-2-2)
2.25 cups Neem Seed meal(5-1-2)
6oz rock phosphate(0-3-0)
9 oz azomite(0-0-.2)(Trace Minerals)
9oz fish bone meal(3-16-0)
2 cups Dolomite lime(Calcium/Magnesium)

:hi

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

This is my first real run with organics and heres my recipe

* 8 gal total *
Veg
6 gal FFOF
1 gal chunky perlite
1 gal worm castings
4 tbls rainbow mix grow
4 tbls lime
dash of mico madness

Bloom
6 gal FFOF
1 gal perlite
1 gallon worm castings
8 tbls rainbow mix grow
8 tbls greensand
8 tbls jamacian guano
8 tbls indonesian guano
16 tbls dolimite lime

They also get a weekly ewc guano tea
So far they love it 4 weeks 12/12

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
This is my first real run with organics and heres my recipe

* 8 gal total *
Veg
6 gal FFOF
1 gal chunky perlite
1 gal worm castings
4 tbls rainbow mix grow
4 tbls lime
dash of mico madness

Bloom
6 gal FFOF
1 gal perlite
1 gallon worm castings
8 tbls rainbow mix grow
8 tbls greensand
8 tbls jamacian guano
8 tbls indonesian guano
16 tbls dolimite lime

They also get a weekly ewc guano tea
So far they love it 4 weeks 12/12

personally, i think its a pretty good mix. relatively simple, but nutritious. i did want to ask one thing. Is there a reason why you use rainbow mix grow in the bloom cycle instead of the rainbow bloom?? i use both products and love'em.

jean2

jean2

Here goes my soil mix

1 big bag of Fox Farn Ocean Forest
2 4lb bags of worm casings
1 pound bone meal
1 pound blood meal
3 cups epson salts
2 cups of dolomite lime
2 bags of perlite

Water well, mix well, let sit for at least 90 days prior to using. This is an organic mix and I never have to add any ferts during growing.

Abek666

Abek666

nice thread

my mix is:
20 litre cheap peat based garden soil
7 litre kokos
7 litre perlite
7 litre green compost
3 litre wormcastings
5 cups of dryfertilizer (it has everything i need and is cheap like blood&bone meal,trace elements etc.) npk= 7.0% - 3.0% - 6.0%
2 cups of dolomit lime

its 45 litre of medium in total when mixed and could be used in veg and flower

thats my mix i keep it simple and i could easy add some ferts when really needed but most of the time it works just nice i only have to give them some bottled nutes (mostly bio bloom from biobizz) at week 4 flower for 2-3 weeks after that just water as always the outcome is mostly nice but it depends on the strain

hope this thread is going on nice idear
have a nice day felow farmers

M

mrbong73

This is how I put together my current mix that I am using for an indoor soil bed experiment.
Following items added to my current inventory of around 60 or so gallons of soil mix.
Fish Meal 3 cups
Fish Bone Meal 3 cups
Alfalfa Meal 4 cups
Soybean Meal 2 cups
Soft Rock Phosphate 3 cups
Neem Seed Meal 2 cups
Crab Shell Meal 2 cups
Kelp Meal 2 cups
Oyster Shell Powder 2 cups
Oyster Shell 2 cups
Gypsum 2 cups
Dolomite lime 2 cups
Azomite 3 cups
K Mag 2 cups
Glacial Rock Dust 10 cups
Epsom Salt 1 cup

Added in around 4-5 cuft of coco, peat, ewc, homemade compost and pumice.
Wetted down with homemade yarrow extract and some AEM solution.

Should have around 120-130 gallons of mix.
Check out my journal to see how things are going.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
This is how I put together my current mix that I am using for an indoor soil bed experiment.
Following items added to my current inventory of around 60 or so gallons of soil mix.
Fish Meal 3 cups
Fish Bone Meal 3 cups
Alfalfa Meal 4 cups
Soybean Meal 2 cups
Soft Rock Phosphate 3 cups
Neem Seed Meal 2 cups
Crab Shell Meal 2 cups
Kelp Meal 2 cups
Oyster Shell Powder 2 cups
Oyster Shell 2 cups
Gypsum 2 cups
Dolomite lime 2 cups
Azomite 3 cups
K Mag 2 cups
Glacial Rock Dust 10 cups
Epsom Salt 1 cup

Added in around 4-5 cuft of coco, peat, ewc, homemade compost and pumice.
Wetted down with homemade yarrow extract and some AEM solution.

Should have around 120-130 gallons of mix.
Check out my journal to see how things are going.

MrB, are you 'cooking' your soil for any time before use? And are you transplanting seedings/clones in this mix?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

personally, i think its a pretty good mix. relatively simple, but nutritious. i did want to ask one thing. Is there a reason why you use rainbow mix grow in the bloom cycle instead of the rainbow bloom?? i use both products and love'em.

Thanks man

I am using the rainbow mix grow because thats what I have thats all

Here are a few on my recipe
round_1_0132.JPG
round_1_0141.JPG
round_1_0151.JPG

Seems to work great

justiceman

justiceman

Nice everyone! puttin up the mixes indeed.

I'd say compost teas are PREMIUM for the soil mixes.

Does anyone else have some custom mixes?

On another note I've been considering potentially using coco/diatomite as the "base mix" instead of the master nursery potting soil. I've notced that coco based mediums tend to have better drainage and medium saturation is excellent. Obviously I'd have to add some extra dry food to compensate for the lost nutes from not using poting soil. Maybe some of that Rainbow Mix grow:evilgrin0040:

W

winterdowell

Will canadian peat, perlite, earth worm castings, with lime, rock dust, bone meal and dry kelp powder as a base soil : Feeding with a tea extract be sufficient for both veg and flowering stage ?

justiceman

justiceman

Will canadian peat, perlite, earth worm castings, with lime, rock dust, bone meal and dry kelp powder as a base soil : Feeding with a tea extract be sufficient for both veg and flowering stage ?

The intention of this thread is not so much about teas as it is about the soil mix in itself. Maybe you could post up the recipe to your mix? You seem to have most of the ingredients down so far right? Your question though is to vague. Whether an AACT is sufficient for both veg and flower depends on the amounts of each ingredients in your soil mix, enviornment, veg time, flower time, individual plants needs, etc.

Alright everyone lets post up some more mixes!

Here is a tried and true soil mix I've used in the past from subcool before I started to try and blend my own. Good stuff indeed. Just needs to "cook for 2-4 weeks before use for premium performance. It's not a bad idea to moisten the mix with a compost tea or with kelp while it's cooking in a garbage can or some other container. It's important for it to be slightly moist but NOT WET. If it smells bad like poo poo aerate the mix.

8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

curandero2012

curandero2012

The intention of this thread is not so much about teas as it is about the soil mix in itself. Maybe you could post up the recipe to your mix? You seem to have most of the ingredients down so far right? Your question though is to vague. Whether an AACT is sufficient for both veg and flower depends on the amounts of each ingredients in your soil mix, enviornment, veg time, flower time, individual plants needs, etc.

Alright everyone lets post up some more mixes!

Here is a tried and true soil mix I've used in the past from subcool before I started to try and blend my own. Good stuff indeed. Just needs to "cook for 2-4 weeks before use for premium performance. It's not a bad idea to moisten the mix with a compost tea or with kelp while it's cooking in a garbage can or some other container. It's important for it to be slightly moist but NOT WET. If it smells bad like poo poo aerate the mix.

8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

Why just 1/2 cup of azomite???? You could use a lot more of that stuff.

Namaste :bong2:

turbo14

turbo14

Keep It Simple:

VEG:

- Roots Organic Potting Soil

- Down To Earth BioFish 7-7-2 (Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Fish, Fish Bone Meal, Feather Meal, Sulfate of Potash, Alfalfa Meal, Blood Meal, Acadian Kelp Meal and Dolomitic Lime)

- Amended with Roots Organic Earthworm Castings

- Amended with Alaskan Humisoil

- EWC TEA every feeding w/ high nitrogen guanos, kelp, aminos, Mycos, soluble silicate, Humics and Fulvics, Fish and Seaweed

Flower:

- Roots Organic Potting Soil

- Down to Earth All Purpose 4-6-2 (Fish Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Rock Phosphate, Greensand, Langbeinite, Kelp Meal, Humic Shale Ore)

- Amended with Roots Organic Earthworm Castings

- Amended with Alaskan Humisoil

- EWC TEA every feeding Fish and Seaweed, Primal Harvest Seabird Guano, kelp, aminos, Mycos, soluble silicate, Humics and Fulvics, Rock Phosphate, Pure Soluble Sulfate of Potash 0-0-50

Crush on.

turbo

Top Bottom