Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

I once changed the oil in my Tacoma. Thinking about doing it again 🤔 We'll see.

20210219 081157

Can't wait til it's got a little icicle goatee again.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

The exhaust manifolds were an issue for rams chevs and fords. The manifolds themselves are thin and shitty and warp as the bolts rot,maybe a common supplier?. Rams with mds had a lot of electrical gremlins too. The tritons had the spark plug issue and some would blow out and strip as the aluminum cycled and tensioners were plastic with a very long chains. Ford still hasn't bothered fixing the rust issue,new ones on the lot are rusting underneath( there is a lot of bare metal for such an expensive purchase) before they're sold. I have an 06 ram 4x4 with 550k on it ,not rebuilt and an 07 b4000 4x4 ,2nd motor, and the mazda is almost as hard on fuel but the handling is nice and the offroad is great as it's nimble and more fun. IMO the hemi is the best of the bunch due to its "simplicity" and the bottom end is strong but the cam and lifters are a weak spot and needs regular oil changes,i once tried to quiet it by using 5-30 and an alarm came up on the scanner telling me wrong oil but at least it still isn't rusty.. If i buy another truck,which is unlikely,it'll be a Tundra but they are quite pricey.
To be honest the best truck I've ever owned was a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD with the 60. The only problem I ever had out of that thing was I had two exhaust manifold bolts break and I had a very small old leaf but our place the old pan gasket and never had a bit of problem out of it. I'll be honest with you the The LS 6.0 is probably the best truck I ever owned that had the 4L80E tranny in it. And of course I had an actuator go out for the passenger side, heat and air, but that was literally a 5-minute fix. And I agree, Mopar made pretty good trucks. I never really own a new remote car but the last mopar I had was a 1987 d200. One of the best dodgers I've ever owned it had the 360 LA engine

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

To be honest the best truck I've ever owned was a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD with the 60. The only problem I ever had out of that thing was I had two exhaust manifold bolts break and I had a very small old leaf but our place the old pan gasket and never had a bit of problem out of it. I'll be honest with you the The LS 6.0 is probably the best truck I ever owned that had the 4L80E tranny in it. And of course I had an actuator go out for the passenger side, heat and air, but that was literally a 5-minute fix. And I agree, Mopar made pretty good trucks. I never really own a new remote car but the last mopar I had was a 1987 d200. One of the best dodgers I've ever owned it had the 360 LA engine
3/4 ton is the way to go . Not much harder on fuel and get the job done. My ram is a 1500 but built on the 3/4 chassis due to a big cab, and I put a 460 with tranny in the box and it didn't squat much.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Awesome trucks, but its $70,000 for the TRD pro without any upgrades. I wish honda made a full size pickup. I bet it would be on the same level as a tundra.
Honda hits the market most people need though in a truck. Good on fuel awd,high reliability and drives like a car but 50k for a truck is up there without a frame. Honda realizes most don't use them as trucks or if they do it's a small % of owners who do,I like the ridgeline, but I would twist it but for retirement,pulling a small camper, or the odd run to the dump it would be great.

beluga

beluga

Honda hits the market most people need though in a truck. Good on fuel awd,high reliability and drives like a car but 50k for a truck is up there without a frame. Honda realizes most don't use them as trucks or if they do it's a small % of owners who do,I like the ridgeline, but I would twist it but for retirement,pulling a small camper, or the odd run to the dump it would be great.
Hell, even Hyundai lopped off the back of a Santa Fe and called it a truck.
From recently scouring the market for my access cab with a reasonably sized bed, it doesn't seem like most buyers are concerned with bed and towing capacity. They want a family SUV that looks like a truck with suspension and gears they'll almost never use. And, honestly, I can't blame them for the most part. If I didn't have to tote around so many sheet goods, I'd probably go for something comfy and powerful, too.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I couldn't agree more. I like the Ridgeline as well but its not what i would need from a "truck"

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hell, even Hyundai lopped off the back of a Santa Fe and called it a truck.
From recently scouring the market for my access cab with a reasonably sized bed, it doesn't seem like most buyers are concerned with bed and towing capacity. They want a family SUV that looks like a truck with suspension and gears they'll almost never use. And, honestly, I can't blame them for the most part. If I didn't have to tote around so many sheet goods, I'd probably go for something comfy and powerful, too.
They are all out pricing their own market for greed or to make up lost revenue. The new vehicles are finally on lots but now with inflation,fuel prices, interest rates,repos,and job losses they sit there as the recession starts to show it's face . A guy I know bought a new f150 in june and it was $83,000 and half the gadgets didn't work because they were waiting for chips but sold them anyway with a promise to install when they get them. My local dealer has a lot full of new and used rams and jeeps and a month or so ago they had none. Soon it will be order only and car dealers will be for test drives and repairs eliminating more jobs .

Moshmen

Moshmen

I couldn't agree more. I like the Ridgeline as well but its not what i would need from a "truck"
I made auto parts most of my carreeer , always a big 3 guy - then a couple years ago we looking for a suv , on whim stopped at a Honda dealer to look at a used jeep , after driving 4/5 different vehicles I asked the salesman why he wasnt showin us a Honda? His reply was - lmao I save that for last cuz once you drive a Honda that’s what you will buy ! Al be damned he was right ! Walked out with a new crv - my truck is gmc and no complaints but I’d drive a Honda if they made one .

Moshmen

Moshmen

They are all out pricing their own market for greed or to make up lost revenue. The new vehicles are finally on lots but now with inflation,fuel prices, interest rates,repos,and job losses they sit there as the recession starts to show it's face . A guy I know bought a new f150 in june and it was $83,000 and half the gadgets didn't work because they were waiting for chips but sold them anyway with a promise to install when they get them. My local dealer has a lot full of new and used rams and jeeps and a month or so ago they had none. Soon it will be order only and car dealers will be for test drives and repairs eliminating more jobs .
Look for them to eliminate the dealer experience for sure!

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I made auto parts most of my carreeer , always a big 3 guy - then a couple years ago we looking for a suv , on whim stopped at a Honda dealer to look at a used jeep , after driving 4/5 different vehicles I asked the salesman why he wasnt showin us a Honda? His reply was - lmao I save that for last cuz once you drive a Honda that’s what you will buy ! Al be damned he was right ! Walked out with a new crv - my truck is gmc and no complaints but I’d drive a Honda if they made one .
Got in a bad car bind. Needed 2 lol. Wife wanted to go electric, so we checked out Tesla. I wanted a truck so I checked out Tundra. The day ended with me in a blue CRV that I love and an odyssey that my wife loves. Also half my family works for GMC.. 🤨

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I bought a 2015 crv brand new off the lot, wrecked it on a bear 9 months after i got it. Havent had anything that compares since then. I have a 2000 5 speed accord thats my winter beater, it has 266k miles and starts at the touch of the key, runs like a top, doesnt leak oil, but it burns some. They definitely make reliable motors.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I bought a 2015 crv brand new off the lot, wrecked it on a bear 9 months after i got it. Havent had anything that compares since then. I have a 2000 5 speed accord thats my winter beater, it has 266k miles and starts at the touch of the key, runs like a top, doesnt leak oil, but it burns some. They definitely make reliable motors.
I can't think of a shitty product Honda has ever made.For me,preference order would be Toyota,Honda,Mazda,Dodge,Ford,GM although a friend bought a bottom of the line KIA and the engine went 3k after warranty and they put one in it and a clutch no charge so I wouldn't count them out either, i dont know if any on that list would.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I can't think of a shitty product Honda has ever made.For me,preference order would be Toyota,Honda,Mazda,Dodge,Ford,GM although a friend bought a bottom of the line KIA and the engine went 3k after warranty and they put one in it and a clutch no charge so I wouldn't count them out either, i dont know if any on that list would.
I can't think of one either. I have an '89 track driven snowblower that starts forst pull every time! This old lady who i did yard work for gave it to me one winter. She wouldnt let me take it until she sent it out and had it fully serviced too. If toyota made small engines, theyd be king of everything lol.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I can't think of one either. I have an '89 track driven snowblower that starts forst pull every time! This old lady who i did yard work for gave it to me one winter. She wouldnt let me take it until she sent it out and had it fully serviced too. If toyota made small engines, theyd be king of everything lol.
i have a 10 year or older Honda generator, starts right away, no issues,sips fuel,no surprises or compromises.I worked for Toyota for over 15 years and they suck as an employer, they want you to live for them,and work you to the bone, they pay well but they get their moneys worth from you,but they do make the best vehicles. They don't test their products on the customer,realize profit down the road instead of satisfying the beancounters, and keep refining instead of replacing.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Got in a bad car bind. Needed 2 lol. Wife wanted to go electric, so we checked out Tesla. I wanted a truck so I checked out Tundra. The day ended with me in a blue CRV that I love and an odyssey that my wife loves. Also half my family works for GMC.. 🤨
Mines blue as well just hit her 1 year birthday

Top Bottom