Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Crazy looking sky tonight.

PXL 20221008 034906051

Moshmen

Moshmen

55 is my fave of the tri series, it's the cleanest,I'm in Canada and you don't see many because they're all rotted and long crushed.,here's my toy.
Is that a real 500? What year? How fuckin kool! Top dollar for Legit GT’s
Love the color! She smokes the 55 for sure ! It’s almost completely stock few restomod updates but for the most part original - including color and interior

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Is that a real 500? What year? How fuckin kool! Top dollar for Legit GT’s
Love the color! She smokes the 55 for sure ! It’s almost completely stock few restomod updates but for the most part original - including color and interior
Yes , it's an 08. It's one of 139 that came to Canada. I swapped rear gears to 4:10 because 6th was useless and it really woke it up. My buddy had a 55 with a tilt front end and a 396 4 speed. Love the dash on them.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yes , it's an 08. It's one of 139 that came to Canada. I swapped rear gears to 4:10 because 6th was useless and it really woke it up. My buddy had a 55 with a tilt front end and a 396 4 speed. Love the dash on them.
Nice ride , rare and will only increase in value !

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

After noticing this guy about a week ago I’ve been keeping an eye on him( who knows how long he’s been keeping an eye on me) and I’ve only noticed him gone once.
Nights have slipped into the 50’s and he stays there all night just hanging around, so I named him art. 😂
AC55B5C7 8711 4675 A4F5 F45176264159

indogrow420

indogrow420

04 f150 5.4 3v replacing the exhaust manifold .. what a pain in the a$s .. the studs are gone and the nut heads were basically fused to the manifold by corrosion n stuff so cant use a extractor for that. I decided to grind it piece by piece and cut it flush and remove a flange peice then weld a nut on the stud .

It took me two days to do the easiest part that had better access now the hard part is hidden I will have to remove the exhaust, starter , sway bar and engine mount to jack up the engine a bit then 4 studs left to do. not a job I want to do but got the truck for really cheap . I know grinding right there lets shit and metal fall on top of the head but will try to clean it the most I can lol Ford quoted 1400$ lmao

IMG 20221008 2007236233
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

04 f150 5.4 3v replacing the exhaust manifold .. what a pain in the a$s .. the studs are gone and the nut heads were basically fused to the manifold by corrosion n stuff so cant use a extractor for that. I decided to grind it piece by piece and cut it flush and remove a flange peice then weld a nut on the stud .

It took me two days to do the easiest part that had better access now the hard part is hidden I will have to remove the exhaust, starter , sway bar and engine mount to jack up the engine a bit then 4 studs left to do. not a job I want to do but got the truck for really cheap . I know grinding right there lets shit and metal fall on top of the head but will try to clean it the most I can lol Ford quoted 1400$ lmao
Changed the head on an 2004 4.6 v8 because it blew the spark plug through the hood... fun times working on fords.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Changed the head on an 2004 4.6 v8 because it blew the spark plug through the hood... fun times working on fords.
Had a 01 excursion with a 5.4 3v. Had to heli coil 2 plug holes, drill out 6 broken exhaust studs, replaced the cam phasers on both sides, timing chain and timing chain tensioners. That one vehicle turned me away from ford's for ever. Unless it's a original style 5.0, 5.8, 4.9, or a 7.3 turbo (not idi) I won't own it. I loved Ford trucks but the post 96 trucks and SUV's are nothing but problems. Hope you the best of luck on your 5.4. mine cost me over $1,000 to repair and when everything worked and was repaired it was an ok suv besides the typical Ford electrical gremlins and a leaky windshield that fried the computer and I then said f this and scrapped it.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Had a 01 excursion with a 5.4 3v. Had to heli coil 2 plug holes, drill out 6 broken exhaust studs, replaced the cam phasers on both sides, timing chain and timing chain tensioners. That one vehicle turned me away from ford's for ever. Unless it's a original style 5.0, 5.8, 4.9, or a 7.3 turbo (not idi) I won't own it. I loved Ford trucks but the post 96 trucks and SUV's are nothing but problems. Hope you the best of luck on your 5.4. mine cost me over $1,000 to repair and when everything worked and was repaired it was an ok suv besides the typical Ford electrical gremlins and a leaky windshield that fried the computer and I then said f this and scrapped it.
The exhaust manifolds were an issue for rams chevs and fords. The manifolds themselves are thin and shitty and warp as the bolts rot,maybe a common supplier?. Rams with mds had a lot of electrical gremlins too. The tritons had the spark plug issue and some would blow out and strip as the aluminum cycled and tensioners were plastic with a very long chains. Ford still hasn't bothered fixing the rust issue,new ones on the lot are rusting underneath( there is a lot of bare metal for such an expensive purchase) before they're sold. I have an 06 ram 4x4 with 550k on it ,not rebuilt and an 07 b4000 4x4 ,2nd motor, and the mazda is almost as hard on fuel but the handling is nice and the offroad is great as it's nimble and more fun. IMO the hemi is the best of the bunch due to its "simplicity" and the bottom end is strong but the cam and lifters are a weak spot and needs regular oil changes,i once tried to quiet it by using 5-30 and an alarm came up on the scanner telling me wrong oil but at least it still isn't rusty.. If i buy another truck,which is unlikely,it'll be a Tundra but they are quite pricey.

Top Bottom