Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Back in the Way late ‘80’s early like ‘91 I had a Oldsmobile cutlass that started out as an automatic. Somebody had put up Hearst four on the floor in it. I loved that car. I got pulled over everywhere I went.

Stubby screwdriver in the ignition to start it. Milk crate on the floor. Pushing that clutch was a bitch!

Not mine, but something close lol
I grew up in 2 different cutlass models, my mom got in a gnarly head on with a trash truck in north Philly in the eighties and had a 73 after that. Love those cars. I’m a sucker for car stories.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I learned how to drive on a an F100, straight six, three on the tree! 🤣
Now we’re talking, my first car was a ford fair lane with the wrong carburetor on it. Let’s just say it ran rich 😂 f100s are really cool trucks, rare nowadays. My buddy cut his teeth on a c10 that was 3 on the tree super cool truck. A few more pics of the car over the years. It’s had its share of catastrophic failures over the years but it ain’t ever met a wall…..my pop and uncle bought it in 70 for 4500 and tore it apart and turned it into a drag car immediately. So much history it’s crazy, 15 shoeboxes of time slips.

IMG 2535
IMG 2534
IMG 0165
IMG 0166
IMG 0162
IMG 0161
IMG 0163
62221299977  32101A9E 4ABD 454A 8A65 FCF8955191DB
62242615980  773DF1A6 F1A5 47A4 BD58 03F1F7C5252F
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That’s impressive as fuck!

My shit didn’t look anything like that!
It’s just an old bracket car, my inheritance, it means fucking everything to me though, my pop passed in 91, my uncle got to old to run it anymore, gets too hot for him in the spring and summer so after 40 years I took over. The car is a fucking riot to run. It’s been deep 9’s fastest I’ve gone is a 9.86 at 141 mph in the quarter, for a n/a 372 it’s fucking fast.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I WANT......a '69 Mustang convertible.....

Maybe this summer, but probably next. And I'm gonna have to learn how to drive a stick. :(

But since we're showing off our cars... ;)

And some "diamonds". (Technically "sugar"). Good lord the things they're making these days.....

Resized 20211116 162749
Resized 20211117 161246
20230404 105902
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

And I'm gonna have to learn how to drive a stick. :(
Its very easy. Just get cheap beater 5 speed and teach yourself. I tried to have someone teach me and i kept fsiling time and time again. So then i decided to buy a 1999 subaru outback, it was 250 bucks, all it needed was tires and an alternator, i learned how to drive it, replaced the cclutchafter a year and drove it for another 2 years until i blew it up with 380k miles on it lol.

Got rid of my standard cars and now i regret it. Automatic is for the birds.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Its very easy. Just get cheap beater 5 speed and teach yourself. I tried to have someone teach me and i kept fsiling time and time again. So then i decided to buy a 1999 subaru outback, it was 250 bucks, all it needed was tires and an alternator, i learned how to drive it, replaced the cclutchafter a year and drove it for another 2 years until i blew it up with 380k miles on it lol.

Got rid of my standard cars and now i regret it. Automatic is for the birds.
I teach family by telling, showing, and working the shifter if needed while telling them when to clutch. It’s just muscle memory and rhythm.

Only failed to teach one person. We don’t talk about it. 🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I WANT......a '69 Mustang convertible.....

Maybe this summer, but probably next. And I'm gonna have to learn how to drive a stick. :(

But since we're showing off our cars... ;)

And some "diamonds". (Technically "sugar"). Good lord the things they're making these days.....
Beautiful whip right there…..dayum!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I teach family by telling, showing, and working the shifter if needed while telling them when to clutch. It’s just muscle memory and rhythm.

Only failed to teach one person. We don’t talk about it. 🤣
Yeah I figure it's best to let someone teach me, but also get/rent a not so new car and have at it. Even if I pay someone for a week or two driving course, but focus on just handling a stick, it'll be worth it. By the time I do get a '69 mustang......which of course must be red, a convertible/black top, because, duh..... ;).....I'll want to make sure I can handle it smoothly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom