Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Well this is a first. This spiky boy is a pickling cucumber. This is the true year of genetic mutations in my entire vegetable and flower garden. What a hell of a year. I've never seen any cucumber do this before and them spikes are super sharp like a cactus. I don't know what the hell caused that but s*** that caught me off guard and when I grabbed it to pull it off the vine it got me. Lol

PXL 20230830 150657504
PXL 20230830 150650329
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Well this is a first. This spiky boy is a pickling cucumber. This is the true year of genetic mutations in my entire vegetable and flower garden. What a hell of a year. I've never seen any cucumber do this before and them spikes are super sharp like a cactus. I don't know what the hell caused that but s*** that caught me off guard and when I grabbed it to pull it off the vine it got me. Lol
Natures grenade hahahaa damn. Imagine pegging someone with that thing? Might catch a manslaughter case 😂

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Holy f*** I don't want to think of that. It makes me hurt lol it's got to be the soil. I had the slightest idea what is causing all these mutations and all of my plants this year. Is got to be something in the soil.
You have me stumped, I do have to say though, I’ve had some weird stuff come out of my veggie garden earlier this year to, nothing like your hellraiser cucumber. But definitely odd. I would think that you are probably onto something in the soil, or it’s definitely a contributing factor. Has the weather there been anomalous this year at all? Or just hotter than normal? Maybe it’s a heat stress thing?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You have me stumped, I do have to say though, I’ve had some weird stuff come out of my veggie garden earlier this year to, nothing like your hellraiser cucumber. But definitely odd. I would think that you are probably onto something in the soil, or it’s definitely a contributing factor. Has the weather there been anomalous this year at all? Or just hotter than normal? Maybe it’s a heat stress thing?
West Indian gherkin, I think you may have gotten a seed mixed into your normal cucumbers…..

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Holy f*** I don't want to think of that. It makes me hurt lol it's got to be the soil. I had the slightest idea what is causing all these mutations and all of my plants this year. Is got to be something in the soil.
I think it might just be mother nature fighting through the breeding! A lot of wild cucumbers are really spikey. Especially the pickling varrieties. Never seen one like this though!

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

This year has been pretty mild. It's just been a very wet season

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
This year has been pretty mild. It's just been a very wet season
Interesting, but I did look up that wacky veg, only thing I see that is like that thing is the West Indian variety. Wild stuff really. I almost want to grow just because of how metal it is. Surprised bad comedians haven’t been catching the shitty end of the stick of those for years😂

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Interesting, but I did look up that wacky veg, only thing I see that is like that thing is the West Indian variety. Wild stuff really. I almost want to grow just because of how metal it is. Surprised bad comedians haven’t been catching the shitty end of the stick of those for years😂
What I found is like some type of prickly African variety. It's like a prickly melon or something of that caliber. It's a cucumber, but it's considered a melon, but I'm not understanding how that one weird little spiky thing was growing on the same vine as my regular pickling cucumbers. The only thing that I can get from it is maybe since it's a hybrid cucumber plant I'm wondering if somewhere down as genetic stay crossbred it with one of those and it's just some weird anomaly. Because science!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
What I found is like some type of prickly African variety. It's like a prickly melon or something of that caliber. It's a cucumber, but it's considered a melon, but I'm not understanding how that one weird little spiky thing was growing on the same vine as my regular pickling cucumbers. The only thing that I can get from it is maybe since it's a hybrid cucumber plant I'm wondering if somewhere down as genetic stay crossbred it with one of those and it's just some weird anomaly. Because science!
It has to be bred in, they do some really weird stuff with agriculture these days. 7 different fruits on one tree type shit you know….so I wouldn’t be shocked there….

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

It has to be bred in, they do some really weird stuff with agriculture these days. 7 different fruits on one tree type shit you know….so I wouldn’t be shocked there….
Well I can thank cannabis for teaching me a lot about genetics and plants. How you can have sister seeds of the same mother and they both grow totally different depending on the parents lineage. So I'm chalking it up to be something like that, but it's still a weird coincidence that I'm having genetic mutations in multiple plants through different species. Maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe it's just an odd year, but I'm telling you I'm starting to come to conclusion that there is some mineral or something in my soil that I'm unaware of that is triggering these mutations and anomalies, I don't even know what to test for in the soil. To be honest with you, I'm kind of baffled or stumped to figure out what's happening. Absolutely no problems last year. Same soil. Same method of amending compost into it everything. So yeah, very very weird.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Well I can thank cannabis for teaching me a lot about genetics and plants. How you can have sister seeds of the same mother and they both grow totally different depending on the parents lineage. So I'm chalking it up to be something like that, but it's still a weird coincidence that I'm having genetic mutations in multiple plants through different species. Maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe it's just an odd year, but I'm telling you I'm starting to come to conclusion that there is some mineral or something in my soil that I'm unaware of that is triggering these mutations and anomalies, I don't even know what to test for in the soil. To be honest with you, I'm kind of baffled or stumped to figure out what's happening. Absolutely no problems last year. Same soil. Same method of amending compost into it everything. So yeah, very very weird.
Take notes bro. The weirdness asks for it. Chronicle the crazy. See what happens next year. You can always make soil slurries and test runoff and shit. See what side of the coin you are on there maybe?

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Take notes bro. The weirdness asks for it. Chronicle the crazy. See what happens next year. You can always make soil slurries and test runoff and shit. See what side of the coin you are on there maybe?
Yeah I can give it a try.we have very rocky and sandy soil. You can't dig a inch or two without hitting a big rock or small boulder. Alote of sand stones and mineral stones. Because of my digging stones and minerals up and wonder if it didn't mix into my soil when I tilled it up and mixed compost at the beginning of the year. Who knows. Imma check out mineral related deficiencies with cannabis and other plants and then send a sample off and see what my soil make up is.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Keep the seeds 🙃 you might be surprised what comes out. It might be the next new watermelon

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Tent doing good. Both LSD and 1 gorilla punch is in flower, do SI dos, banana purple punch, and 1 gorilla punch are not far behind and I have two gorilla punch seedlings that are a good ways off.View attachment 2031333
Gorilla punch View attachment 2031336View attachment 2031339View attachment 2031340View attachment 2031341
Do SI dosView attachment 2031337
LsdView attachment 2031334View attachment 2031336View attachment 2031335
BPPView attachment 2031338
Beautiful work man! Picture of health! Nice training too 👊🏻

Top Bottom