Pot size/ lighting / space

• Thread starter Ryank303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryank303

Ryank303

Alright guy , so got a bit of a situation atm I have 6 plants in veg week 2 , I have a 2.4x1.2 tent with two 600w mh going atm , my plants are in 20l pots and I think I’ve just realised feom
Reading this site that the pots are far to big than they need to be , but my issue is the heat there in a outside garage witch holds the heat as it is with out the two 600w lights in there it’s as high as 35degree yesterday evening and I can’t afford air conditioning unit ? I’ve took one light off so all 6 are under 1 600w mh and it doesn’t look like it covers them enough a may be wrong but that’s why I’m posting on here for any advise and help u all can offer , a have a in-line fan that is getting air from outside of the garage and a extractor pulling air Out ... in a bit of a panic with not being able to get the heat below 28 so just reaching out for help please guys :) thank

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Alright guy , so got a bit of a situation atm I have 6 plants in veg week 2 , I have a 2.4x1.2 tent with two 600w mh going atm , my plants are in 20l pots and I think I’ve just realised feom
Reading this site that the pots are far to big than they need to be , but my issue is the heat there in a outside garage witch holds the heat as it is with out the two 600w lights in there it’s as high as 35degree yesterday evening and I can’t afford air conditioning unit ? I’ve took one light off so all 6 are under 1 600w mh and it doesn’t look like it covers them enough a may be wrong but that’s why I’m posting on here for any advise and help u all can offer , a have a in-line fan that is getting air from outside of the garage and a extractor pulling air Out ... in a bit of a panic with not being able to get the heat below 28 so just reaching out for help please guys :) thank
it’s just a bad spot, put a small air conditioner at the intake to suck in cold air.
maybe buy a 1000 mh.
to be successful in the garage your going to have to be in absolute control of the environment, pest..
though i do not know your garage.
is it separate from the house? is it insulated?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it’s just a bad spot, put a small air conditioner at the intake to suck in cold air.
maybe buy a 1000 mh.
to be successful in the garage your going to have to be in absolute control of the environment, pest..
during veg with lights on it’s ok to have the door open as much as needed, though dark time MUST be dark!

Ryank303

Ryank303

maybe buy a 1000 mh.
Yeah it’s separate from The house , but pests are no problem , I’ve used this room a few times before but always ended up with a grassy farmy smelling end product so I’m really focusing on my temperature and every little thing this time around , I see air cooler are a lot cheaper but they use water and ice packs to cool the air will that cause humidity u think ?

Ryank303

Ryank303

during veg with lights on it’s ok to have the door open as much as needed, though dark time MUST be dark!
The inside off the garage is just as hot if not hotter than inside the tent so leaving tent doors open is a no go I think

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah it’s separate from The house , but pests are no problem , I’ve used this room a few times before but always ended up with a grassy farmy smelling end product so I’m really focusing on my temperature and every little thing this time around , I see air cooler are a lot cheaper but they use water and ice packs to cool the air will that cause humidity u think ?
a good dehumidifier may work as you would point the dehumidified air towards the intake, which i’m doing to keep my humidity lower for flowering. and it’s working, i have no problem with heat so hard to say.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
a good dehumidifier may work as you would point the dehumidified air towards the intake, which i’m doing to keep my humidity lower for flowering. and it’s working, i have no problem with heat so hard to say.
air circulation is so important, good air flow and you can get away with 80,81,82 degreees.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
maybe buy a 1000 mh.
I grow in my garage and it’s tough. Luckily summer is coming to a halt.

Ryank303

Ryank303

air circulation is so important, good air flow and you can get away with 80,81,82 degreees.
So get get more fans in there ? I have two 5 inch spinning in there in the plants , the air come in is from outside but all it’s doing is bringing in hot air Cus it’s red hot out there today and this time of year

Ryank303

Ryank303

Also what do u think about pot size is there any need for them to be that big on a grow tent ? 20l they are

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
How do u manage to keep temp right mate
I struggled. I couldn’t really control it so when the temps got 85-87 I’d raise the humidity a bit. Other than that, ac will be helpful but not sure how to properly cool garbage. Mine isn’t sealed al the way.

Ryank303

Ryank303

I just finished a grow with 5 gal fabric pots. Really depends on your height limitations
Around 2 meters ild say just the the top of the tent , if I raise the humidity that will help them in the heat will it mate ?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Around 2 meters ild say just the the top of the tent , if I raise the humidity that will help them in the heat will it mate ?
Read up on VPD. It gives you an idea of what your temps and humidity need to be during the stages of the plants like. But yes, when I was running 85 degree my humidity was around 60%. Later in flower the humidity needs to come down a bit.

Ryank303

Ryank303

Read up on VPD. It gives you an idea of what your temps and humidity need to be during the stages of the plants like. But yes, when I was running 85 degree my humidity was around 60%. Later in flower the humidity needs to come down a bit.
Thanks man I will do

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For quality and good terpenes you really need to stay in the mid to high 70’s farenheight. The grassy smell may be from the heat burning off terps.

Top Bottom