Pot Size Per Plant Size... Green Planet Video

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
keiksweat

keiksweat

I always put my young ones in large pots. Iv had no issues doing this....oh ye sorry I have....I can't keep up with the growth. I now won't do it any other way.
You transplant clones straight to finish pot k ?have you always done so,or have you tried transplanting up?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

You transplant clones straight to finish pot k ?have you always done so,or have you tried transplanting up?

I grow from seed. Yes I have. This grown I ran 2 comparison plants . I took them up the pot sizes as needed till the finish when I pot up for flower. They were smaller by quite a bit. But tbh by flower they are all the right size so they do catch up last 2 weeks of veg to be totally honest. I do it to big pots now as it saves me soil and having to have lots of different size pots around the place.
Nice to hear off you. Hope all is good with you.

Z

zbudz

So all he's basically saying is that it's easier to avoid over- or under- watering by properly sizing the pot. But if you let the water drain properly, how is watering a small plant in a large pot any different than growing any size plant outside where the "pot size" is for all practical purposes unbounded?

(And sorry, the shoe analogy is just plain dumb. If you put a child in too large of a shoe, his feet aren't going to grow slower.)

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

If you water a small plant in a large pot and "let the pot drain properly" which means saturating until run off it remains wet for too long and best case the roots spread slowly and worst case they rot. Problem with coco is if you just top water so the plants not sitting wet for a week your not able to get any run off to flush out what's left of the last feeding. It can be done but I would say it takes more skill. If you put a plant in the ground outside and the soil remains wet the roots will die just like they will inside

Z

zbudz

If you water a small plant in a large pot and "let the pot drain properly" which means saturating until run off it remains wet for too long and best case the roots spread slowly and worst case they rot. Problem with coco is if you just top water so the plants not sitting wet for a week your not able to get any run off to flush out what's left of the last feeding. It can be done but I would say it takes more skill. If you put a plant in the ground outside and the soil remains wet the roots will die just like they will inside

Point taken.

Wisher619

Wisher619

coco is a differ animal then soil...soil needs a wet and dry cycle where as coco although holds large amounts of water...also holds large amounts of air.....also if you let coco dry ppm's will spike......so for coco you always want to keep the medium moist as with soil it is better practice to go through wet and dry cycles...JMO

keiksweat

keiksweat

I grow from seed. Yes I have. This grown I ran 2 comparison plants . I took them up the pot sizes as needed till the finish when I pot up for flower. They were smaller by quite a bit. But tbh by flower they are all the right size so they do catch up last 2 weeks of veg to be totally honest. I do it to big pots now as it saves me soil and having to have lots of different size pots around the place.
Nice to hear off you. Hope all is good with you.
Hey k,yeah I'm great.moaning and miserable as per usual..haha.looking forward to the end of Xmas.once I've seen the kids open presents,scrap the rest.hows you..no drink driving on that big beast. I'm surprised they don't shit the bed sticking em straight in big potz k,but if its working for you,more power to ya..i think I've finally got me mojo bk with organic soil.fuk the hydro.no more for a while.even me 4 autos are loving led light.just begging under mh now.making me own leds after crimbo..very pricey.what you got going on k?family fun,party,loner style?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Hey k,yeah I'm great.moaning and miserable as per usual..haha.looking forward to the end of Xmas.once I've seen the kids open presents,scrap the rest.hows you..no drink driving on that big beast. I'm surprised they don't shit the bed sticking em straight in big potz k,but if its working for you,more power to ya..i think I've finally got me mojo bk with organic soil.fuk the hydro.no more for a while.even me 4 autos are loving led light.just begging under mh now.making me own leds after crimbo..very pricey.what you got going on k?family fun,party,loner style?

Im out a lot this year for a change. Lots of partying. Out dancing the night away new years eve. No children in my family so no toys etc. I have 2 Xmas days this year.
Glad you got your mojo back. You should have gone in for the auto cup comp lol and shown us how it's done.
If I don't speak to you b4 Xmas then merry Xmas I hope you have a good one with your family.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Im out a lot this year for a change. Lots of partying. Out dancing the night away new years eve. No children in my family so no toys etc. I have 2 Xmas days this year.
Glad you got your mojo back. You should have gone in for the auto cup comp lol and shown us how it's done.
If I don't speak to you b4 Xmas then merry Xmas I hope you have a good one with your family.
Cheers k,have a good one. I think you'll definitely be showing these lads how to do it..merry crimbo.n good luck with ya auto....

Latest posts

Top Bottom