Powder Mildew

• Thread starter buddahslave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddahslave

buddahslave

Thanks I ordered some Eagle 20 but I been reading about a mystery product called Meltatox that I can't seem to find anywhere. What do you suggest for plants that are flowering. I'm in sog so it's a bitch!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I recommend two methods--physical barrier like JMS Stylets oil, and contact killer like OxiDate. Also, get plants in optimum health and the powdery mildew that's always all around us will never become a problem. ;)

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Meltatox works wonders, although nasty as fuck. Definitely only in veg if you go that route.

waayne

waayne

Banner Maxx also works well
Please read all the directions and use proper PPE
This works well to clean up your moms, it's not for use on production plants.........
IMG 1013

J

justhydronow

Whichever stuff you choose use it carefully because if you use too much, it can damage your plant. However it is in the genetics of the plants; some are more likely to get mildew.

sixstring

sixstring

how far into flowering are you?imo nothing beats a sulfer burner and lowering the humidity until it clears up.and plants love sulfer

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Mix 2 parts milk with 8 parts water spray your plants with it. Get an extra fan blowing on the floor.

Do not use skim milk.

buddahslave

buddahslave

how far into flowering are you?imo nothing beats a sulfer burner and lowering the humidity until it clears up.and plants love sulfer

I checked out your picks they where great. Im late in flowering and I have started using pm wash. I have 10 days left on my sfv og and I think it will make it but the problem is that im in sog so i want to stop it in veg to keep the problem at bay. I think that strain is prong to pm and thats why I want something systemic. If i can't get it under control then I will invest in a sulfer burner. Thanks for the help!

Natural

Natural

Don't forget to filter your intake..#1 cure imo. I've actually seen a plant with PM put into a clean room with filtered intake clear up on it's own without anything else. I would be reluctant to use chemicals besides sulfur..since you are see of green with little veg time...might be ok for Moms..but that would be up to you.

sixstring

sixstring

yeah i had it poppin up alot back about 2 years ago mostly because i run so many dif strains and my room was always crowded.but seeing how it knocked it down with just one burn made me a believer.i run perpetual so there is never a good time to spray or burn but i just cover anything that is within a few weeks of harvest and burn once about every 3 months just as precaution.your plants turn a real nice green from it also,most bloom boosters have sulfer added.just keep good air flow around the infected strains or everything if possible.gl

buddahslave

buddahslave

Don't forget to filter your intake..#1 cure imo. I've actually seen a plant with PM put into a clean room with filtered intake clear up on it's own without anything else. I would be reluctant to use chemicals besides sulfur..since you are see of green with little veg time...might be ok for Moms..but that would be up to you.

Thanks, I have been suspicious of the intake for a while now. I will look into a new filter for both intakes I have the problem with. I know there is a lot of bad shit in the air right now due to the fact that my sinus allergies has been giving me lots problems!

Natural

Natural

Thanks, I have been suspicious of the intake for a while now. I will look into a new filter for both intakes I have the problem with. I know there is a lot of bad shit in the air right now due to the fact that my sinus allergies has been giving me lots problems!

Been using those blue hepa filters for years, but they are pricey and get clogged with dust pretty quick. I recently switched up to a filter Wayne turned me on to called "dustlok" with "sporax". I ordered 2' squares..I think they sent me 50 of them for a little over $50.
Lots of places have them if ya google..here's where I got mine
They seem to be working good..I just double up a section of the square and put it to my intake that runs 24/7 the air pressure holds it into place for me.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Been using those blue hepa filters for years, but they are pricey and get clogged with dust pretty quick. I recently switched up to a filter Wayne turned me on to called "dustlok" with "sporax". I ordered 2' squares..I think they sent me 50 of them for a little over $50.
Lots of places have them if ya google..here's where I got mine
They seem to be working good..I just double up a section of the square and put it to my intake that runs 24/7 the air pressure holds it into place for me.

You learn something every day;) Thanks for the info I ordered a role 8"x 9' off of ebay for $20 about 5 minutes ago. The price is so ridiculous I steal can't believe it. I really appreciate the knowledge!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

just a heads up - most pesticides like eagle 20 and melatox require certification and applicator training to be used legally as well as responsibly. To say that anyone in our industry uses these pesticides and fungicides responsibly is a complete sham - it's really frustrating to see how little regard a dose of eagle or avid or ESPECIALLY mallet, nuprid, premise, and merit is to our community - these chemicals are so incredibly destructive to you and the world around you in even a tiny dose.

but yeah, don't take my word for it:

http://farmworkerjustice.org/content/pesticide-safety

Coming from big ag it's mind boggling to watch people dump cases of mallet into a room and think it's ok. I would NEVER touch one of those synthetic chemicals if I was gardening indoors - ever. Like, never. I've seen rooms with trails of spider mites, plants full of russets, PM, thrips, aphids, whiteflies, you name it. And I've seen them cleaned and owned like business without a single synthetic. It's disgusting to me what people think is ok - if your bug/mildew problem is out of hand you need to do a better job, frankly. You're growing indoors for christ's sake, you can play god with these plants.

buddahslave

buddahslave

just a heads up - most pesticides like eagle 20 and melatox require certification and applicator training to be used legally as well as responsibly. To say that anyone in our industry uses these pesticides and fungicides responsibly is a complete sham - it's really frustrating to see how little regard a dose of eagle or avid or ESPECIALLY mallet, nuprid, premise, and merit is to our community - these chemicals are so incredibly destructive to you and the world around you in even a tiny dose.

but yeah, don't take my word for it:

http://farmworkerjustice.org/content/pesticide-safety

Coming from big ag it's mind boggling to watch people dump cases of mallet into a room and think it's ok. I would NEVER touch one of those synthetic chemicals if I was gardening indoors - ever. Like, never. I've seen rooms with trails of spider mites, plants full of russets, PM, thrips, aphids, whiteflies, you name it. And I've seen them cleaned and owned like business without a single synthetic. It's disgusting to me what people think is ok - if your bug/mildew problem is out of hand you need to do a better job, frankly. You're growing indoors for christ's sake, you can play god with these plants.

Friend we have all on this farm decided to roll the dice with this whole grow thing. A lot of shit we do is questionable like stealing electricity and trafficking our product across state lines. What ever the case we all have our skeletons.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Friend we have all on this farm decided to roll the dice with this whole grow thing. A lot of shit we do is questionable like stealing electricity and trafficking our product across state lines. What ever the case we all have our skeletons.

yeah but theres lines to draw here - stealing electricity and trafficking is absolutely victimless, but IMO pesticides are morally wrong, especially with how disedumicated everyone is about them. Different strokes for different folks for sure, but we're talking about chemicals that give you limbless children, sterile sperm, and neurological damage, as well as wipe out pollinator species and specialized soil microbes across the globe. there's reasons there are restrictions on pesticides...half the ones mentioned on these forums are going to be illegal in Europe next year.

I've seen people in personal gardens dip clones by hand into a bucket of 4x concentrated eagle 20, and then toss the shit outside or down the sink when they were done using it. To me this makes the exact same amount of sense as drinking gasoline straight out of the pump. Like I said before I see a serious disassociation between the chemicals we are using and the knowledge about how/when/why to use them. Same thing goes for synthetic fertilizers. Think about it guys - we are using artificially made things to alter our plants. I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as you're doing it responsibly. Fighting a mildew outbreak with an ounce of E-20, or watering your plants DTW for runoff at 2.4 EC are NOT responsible ways to garden and you're really doing so much more harm than you'll ever realize. For instance - I just talked with a guy who works at a water treatment plant on the front range - he said the amount of fertilizer and pesticides running off from MMC warehouses and personal gardens are going to jack the price of water way up, due to how many phosphate immobilizers, nitrifiying batcteria, and filtrations they have use to keep water at a potable level.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I see where you are coming from and commend you on your effort. I will make an attempt at being more responsible with my use of pesticides and I don't absolutely need it then I won't use it. I don't believe in just fucking everything up around me and I do recognize we are a destructive race of people and I know personally I am a habitual line crosser. I will work harder to find my center of balance so I can be less destructive.

Top Bottom