Powder mold someone shoot me

• Thread starter indonesia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What are some good techniques for killing/preventing PM?

• maybe hydrogen peroxide solution?

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • maybe not?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
str8smokn

str8smokn

Thanks Sea. I'm doing light deprivation due to neighbors lights. But I have a mesh netting on top that I triple up, hopefully to allow her to breath more. I will try the alcohol though. Been raining now for 3 days ( drizzle) it sucks.I was thinking I might have to suck em dry with shop vac. Lmao

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I prefer the higher percent, but often can't find it so end up using the 70%.

str8smokn

str8smokn

10/4thanks again.sorty but why can't I start a thread?all I can do is reply to post.

Blaze

Blaze

Good, good friend of mine, @Blaze feels that it's best not to cover. The plastic holds as much, if not more moisture in and prevents evaporation.

Try this--get some isopropyl alcohol, mix it anywhere from 1:1 to 2:1 water:alcohol, spritz the girls down with that. It should speed up evaporation.

Btw, she looks fantastic!

Well, sort of. I do cover my plants but ONLY while it is actively raining. Also I do it not to prevent mold or mildew, but to prevent the trichs from being knocked off by the impact from the rain. Helps keep the buds from getting that weathered, beat up look that so much outdoor gets. I do an A-frame type set up many feet above the top of the plant with open ends for maximum air flow, and remove the cover as soon as the sun comes out.

Covering plants will not help prevent mold or mildew, the air is just as humid under the cover as it outside it. In fact covering can actually make mildew and mold worse if you are not careful, as the cover can trap excess humidity. It is really important to lot leave your covers up in direct sunlight, you will end up with a ton of heat humidity trapped around your plant which if perfect for mildew.

I use Oxidate for spot spraying (alcohol works fine too though) and biologic fungicides like Cease and Sonata as preventatives.

Here's a shot of the covers from 2012:

IMAG0457

Supercharge

Supercharge

*Runs off to grab a gun* ;)

On a serious note though, 70% alcohol is the ideal dilution strength. At this strength, the cell well and membrane are destroyed through denaturing of proteins and dissolution of lipids. This allows the alcohol to penetrate into the interior of the cell, which kills it. If you use higher percentages, up to 100%, the proteins can coagulate, effectively sealing the cell. This puts the cell in a dormant state, but does not kill it.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Will the alcohol not start breaking down the THC.also if I do peroxide will I need to rinse off later?also what about this stuff.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, the alcohol does not begin breaking down THC or trichomes.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok. I just assumed, being that's what is used to clean up.I guess it's diluted enough huh. Thanks once again maiden.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's a matter of dilution and contact time, IME. :)

Supercharge

Supercharge

And no, you don't need to wash off the peroxide later. It breaks down quickly once out of the bottle. Remember, peroxide is nothing but hydrogen and oxygen.

kevinn

kevinn

Sorry if I missed it but what is the ratio of hydrogen peroxide to water. Also, I'm 3 weeks from harvest and PM is just starting to show on leaves. Is it too late to use?
Thanks

indonesia

indonesia

Sorry if I missed it but what is the ratio of hydrogen peroxide to water. Also, I'm 3 weeks from harvest and PM is just starting to show on leaves. Is it too late to use?
Thanks
PM starts on the inside of the plant, naked to the eye. when the powder(fruit bodies) is on the leaves thats the last stage or so of the fungus. spray the shit out of them and you can more than likely save everything. Im never going into someone elses garden ever again cuz i brought pm home with me last time. PM is a dirty bitch spreads faster then stupidity in america

Top Bottom