powdered molasses at the farm feed store?????

• Thread starter d420dool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
d420dool

d420dool

they got this stuff in big bags at the local farm feed store, i think its for cows to lick cuz on the bag it says the different protien numbers on it, ne one ever hear of this stuff?????

J

Jalisco Kid

Where I buy my molasses they have about a 2000 gal tank of it. They mix it with feed for the horses. I pay 18 bucks for 5 gal. I have not seen the dry stuff at my lot. One thing you might look out for is a really low pH. I bought some that was 3.7 pH. JK

F

FISH4250

Where I buy my molasses they have about a 2000 gal tank of it. They mix it with feed for the horses. I pay 18 bucks for 5 gal. I have not seen the dry stuff at my lot. One thing you might look out for is a really low pH. I bought some that was 3.7 pH. JK
Be sure it's sulphur free Ok

monkeymun

monkeymun

they got this stuff in big bags at the local farm feed store, i think its for cows to lick cuz on the bag it says the different protien numbers on it, ne one ever hear of this stuff?????

Molasses with protein? Either that's not molasses or their adding shit to it that you don't want in it.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

The only dry version I have seen or heard of they used something to basically coat with the molasses and it was supposed to have other microbial and nutrient benefits.
However I would be cautious as this version you mention has to deal with feeding animals and like it has been stated above, may have crap you don't want in it.

GL
PnL

KushCompass

KushCompass

This stuff is the shit. I have replaced normal molasses with Earth Syrup. It's a very fine powder that smells so sweet you want to eat it lol..

pugliese63

pugliese63

This stuff is the shit. I have replaced normal molasses with Earth Syrup. It's a very fine powder that smells so sweet you want to eat it lol..

Nice, thanks for sharing that link. I'll be picking up some of this in the near future.

KushCompass

KushCompass

Nice, thanks for sharing that link. I'll be picking up some of this in the near future.

No worries man. i will never go back to liquid molasses. Earth Syrup is just too good with all those extras in it.

monkeymun

monkeymun

Proteins, aka amino acids, are the new hot rage in growing circles. It's salt you want to be careful of, not aminos.

Even so, unless that molasses has amino acids added to it specifically aimed to enhance plant growth, I'd be cautious about using it for plants.

S

swisscheese

Even so, unless that molasses has amino acids added to it specifically aimed to enhance plant growth, I'd be cautious about using it for plants.
That doesn't make sense because amino acids are derived from protein powder which is derived from milk. I use MB Nutes and they have powdered aminos I add to my flower res and it's just hydrolyzed whey protein. It doesn't have to be designed for plants to be effective or safe but feel free to buy the stuff from the hydro store and get your wallet raped.

monkeymun

monkeymun

That doesn't make sense because amino acids are derived from protein powder which is derived from milk. I use MB Nutes and they have powdered aminos I add to my flower res and it's just hydrolyzed whey protein. It doesn't have to be designed for plants to be effective or safe but feel free to buy the stuff from the hydro store and get your wallet raped.

That not what I mean. I mean if a product if targeted towards use by plants, then one could expect the levels of each different amino acid to be adjusted for use by plants. Animals would require a different balance of aminos, so if that molasses is intended for livestock, then I expect those levels would be different. Get what I'm saying?

S

swisscheese

Yeah but in a healthy medium the plant just takes what it wants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That not what I mean. I mean if a product if targeted towards use by plants, then one could expect the levels of each different amino acid to be adjusted for use by plants. Animals would require a different balance of aminos, so if that molasses is intended for livestock, then I expect those levels would be different. Get what I'm saying?
As molasses is intended for humans as well. See the dichotomy?

You'd be surprised how much crosses over, realm-wise. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom