powdery mildew and dealing with it systemically

• Thread starter mateo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mateo

what is the best way to deal with powdery mildew in a systemic form?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
what application rate do u guys use?
Just got mine and was scratching my head trying to figure out volume per liter
It just has application rates for square footage and no mixing ratio to water.

M

MIway

If using E20 & losing effectiveness, try Bayleton & Heritage... rotation of varying modes of action is always a good idea.

And the whole 'systemic' thing is slightly exagerated, these chems don't translocate as readily as many think... locally systemic is a better term. Hit the whole plant... and use a root drench as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It worked out to .9mls/gallon using the maximum application rate of 3oz:100gals for cherries, grapes and apples. 3oz = 90mls.

If using E20 & losing effectiveness, it may be time to consider that it's been overused and the fungus has become resistant (as the label warns may occur).

I'm going to work on building fungi in the medium and around the plant that will, hopefully, outcompete the PM. I've also begun using more aspirin when the plants are stressed, as it seems to help boost their immune systems if used judiciously.
Aspirin Water Helps Plants

T

TheIronLung317

FTW thats an awesome suggestion!! Thanks Maiden!

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

2 ml per gallon.....i put it on a couple i was wanting to reveg......killed em where they looked petrified in a week....careful the shit is potent....and that bottle should last you a lifetime, unless you grow by the acre...lol...dj

D

dank_

GreenCure has worked great for me.

Whatever you use, make sure you wash off the PM from the leaves.
Maximize airflow!

hiboy

hiboy

I use to sulfur burn, still do one time late veg or early flower, tried the E20 and had zero pm. Worked awesome. Make sure you do it when your lights are off.
hiboy

M

Mmmmasonite

There many methods but from what I have heard E20 is the way to go...If you are an organic guy.....Serenade and Stylet oil at intervals serenade is a bacteria that kills it and Stylet seals the plants up not allowing for existing powdery in the air to reinfect....Stop serenade at week 5 at the latest....It stinks and the smell can transfer to the bud....You can use Stylet oil until the last day without any ill effects if you are trying to stop it from spreading in the last weeks before the harvest....Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
None of those are systemic treatments.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

pretty sure seamaiden meant the "organic" ones... as e20 has already been discussed... lol indeed.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

no, thats why she pointed it out... thats the subject of the thread.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The only method that I know of to handle PM systemically and organically is to use a full compliment of microbes and hope that they essentially outcompete the PM fungi.

This may actually deserve its own thread:
http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/NewsArticles/Cuc_Cntct_Fcides.htm

Margaret Tuttle McGrathAssociate Professor said:
Protectant (contact) fungicides are an important component of the fungicide program recommended for managing powdery mildew in cucurbits. They play a critical role in delaying development of resistance to systemic fungicides. The fungus causing cucurbit powdery mildew has an established track record worldwide of being able to develop resistance to systemic fungicides. Most systemic fungicides are at risk for resistance development because they have single-site mode of action. Thus modification of one gene in the pathogen may be enough to enable the pathogen to resist the action of the fungicide.
A LOT of people are throwing a LOT of Eagle 20 at their PM problems, rather indiscriminately IMO. We're busily creating yet another superbug.

Please, be judicious.

M

MIway

A LOT of people are throwing a LOT of Eagle 20 at their PM problems, rather indiscriminately IMO. We're busily creating yet another superbug.

Please, be judicious.

Just like antibiotics... irresponsible use. And the E20, et al... carcinogens...

D

DixinCider

ppl use e20 to get rid of pm because it works..also i do not believe if you spray once in veg and one week 1 of flower you will have any e20 in the plants tissue by the time harvest comes. you really think when you're praying greencure (i love green cure (for organic protection, but still) you are getting all the spores? no. you're still smoking mold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom