powdery mildew and dealing with it systemically

• Thread starter mateo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jetcat

gross!!!!!!! I'm so disgusted I will never smoke anyone else's weed again! this is exactly why I got my rec in the first place... it all boils down to greed. if the bag is smelly dense and pm free then it gets top dollar. nevermind the fact that it was twice dipped in this weeks superchemical and was pan banned in all 4 catigories. ever care to read any third party research? or do the manufacturers words provide enough to soften your moral blow? consider acute toxicity, birth defects, cancer. I'd rather smokepm any day. Godknows I've already smoke my fair share!

B

Badmf

Well, I would suggest spraying your room and equipment with "Sporicidin" before the grow, this will kill all spores "in" and "on" anything in the room.
Please don't spray plants with this!!
E20 works, raw milk diluted to 5-1, Green Cure if before it gets going. Changing the leaf Ph inhibits growth but not having spores is better, imvho.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, unfortunately, i dont think so seamaiden, in CO anyway. From what our inspecters tell us, this is a really difficult issue because ag laws are all federal. MMJ will need its own system in place and that isnt coming for quite some time....
Revisiting this based on something I've learned due to the Darvaes Family's attempt to trademark/copyright the term "urban homestead" and its derivatives, via my O-town sistah. States have their own ag laws and codes. California definitely does. For instance, apparently in California everyone automatically not only has the right to farm their own property (with plants, animals another issue), but everyone has the right to set up a pop-up farm stand and sell that produce as long as it's sold on or very near site (will have to ask her about the location bit again).

You also have the right to call it your urban homestead without some ass suing you.

U

uberstuber

The only pest I have ever delt with in 5 outdoor grass valley ca grows are catapillars! I don't use spray I just go around collecting them. This may frustrate some people but their lives are spared. I round them up by hand!

Why am I writing this in a mildew forum? I have a 20 foot long 10 foot high hedge 40 yards from my back yard where I grow that is 20 percent covered in powdery mildew. I just started hitting it with sulfur. The advice I seek pertains to what steps I should take to prevent this crisis from hitting my mmj plants this season? Eagle 20? What about CHI has anyone tried that approach? I want to hear some natural steps to take if possible.

Another thing: anyone who is shocked or grossed out to hear that bud can be moldy or chemically is naive. I would trust random bud compared to the meat we are eating. Go to Europe and hear what they have to say about the hormones we put in our food. Known carcinogens. It amazes me where most countries' priorities are. GDP GDP GDP!

J

jetcat

I don't think that makes me naive.... I just prefer chem free bud. im not shocked by pm at all. in fact it just turns to c02 when smoked anyway. of course I don't want some hurried trim job that looks like the Alps. but when I see strains that are notorious for pm and they look strangely perfect or overly dense ill pass it up. The problem is that the public is miseducated on their criteria for "good bud". Most pesticides moldisides etc that are under attack are over the counter. on average those have a two weeks persistance. this is how long the product will do its desired action... NOT how long it will have chemical residuals in plant tissue. third party tests find these Months later. so yes know your grower, grow your own, and buy organic when possible(food).

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I just prefer chem free bud.....and buy organic when possible(food).

what kind of chemicals do you mean? Plants can only uptake inorganic chemicals in their most simple ionic form. They cannot uptake organic anything directly.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Revisiting this based on something I've learned due to the Darvaes Family's attempt to trademark/copyright the term "urban homestead" and its derivatives, via my O-town sistah. States have their own ag laws and codes. California definitely does. For instance, apparently in California everyone automatically not only has the right to farm their own property (with plants, animals another issue), but everyone has the right to set up a pop-up farm stand and sell that produce as long as it's sold on or very near site (will have to ask her about the location bit again).

You also have the right to call it your urban homestead without some ass suing you.

While this maybe the case, its not what the head mmj inspector told me while he was at our facility.

K

kushtrees

Ive been using eagle20 for about 2 months (only used it twice) now and am very glad to get to further educate myself on it as resistant PM would be a nightmare... couple questions as google couldnt help me out...

Ativate? what is it? where can I find some info on it?
Seamaiden, that asprin link looked awesome. Im asuming only in veg though? Im thinking a side by side is in order!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, one of the E20-treated girls is showing the very first signs of PM. All were treated with E20, saturated very well including the pots, tops of pots, interior and exterior of this growing area. No others are showing it (this is The White, but I've had this particular cut for three years now and got the PM cleared up way back in the beginning).

I will not Tx with the E20 again, at this point I must make one of two assumptions--either my coverage was not sufficient, or I'm dealing with a resistant strain of PM.

I need more stylet oil in a big way. Gotta combine it with the Greencure I think. In this way I don't have to get all dressed up and Tx with OxiDate.

NC, thanks for that link! Even found a supplier in Stockton.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
While this maybe the case, its not what the head mmj inspector told me while he was at our facility.
May I suggest you double check the veracity of his assertions? If California has its own agricultural code, Colorado surely must as well, no?

Not trying to argue with you, but I would argue it with him.

ncga

ncga

Sea

In Mendo there was a meeting with the Sheriff and AG commissioner. The AG guy stated clearly that when we use products on mj they are being applied illegally. In the Feds eye products can only be used as labeled. Since NO product is labeled for MJ all use is illegal.

Sucks but it's interesting how Law makers find a way to make so much illegal.

Found this long read but should be read by ALL who apply any type of product to their plants.

http://www.unce.unr.edu/publications/files/ag/other/sp8707.pdf

nc

J

jetcat

what kind of chemicals do you mean? Plants can only uptake inorganic chemicals in their most simple ionic form. They cannot uptake organic anything directly.

pesticides and moldicides specifically. Not in reference to you basic npk as I like to experiment with a variety of nutes. If you look at spectragraphs (not sure if that's the right word) you will see spikes in certain areas that are out of the norm. they tend to be similar in multiple samples from different parties presumably because of the popularity of different products at the time. old sxhoolers know there is no magic fix all and generally avoid these trends. sorry to seem so negative without any productive feedback. I can say this: almost anything watered in is systemic to some degree. Neem for example can be watered into small plants to make them more resistant as well as undesirable to bugs. It is also locally systemic to the branch it hits. for this reason you can cover more area without having to be so obssesively thurough and breaking your back. Neem once a week then sulfer at flip. then Neem one more time at two weeks then let em rock n roll and remove bad leaves. if you insist on chem systemics at least consider something that wont be fatal at one drop on a cup of coffee. phosphorus acid is aprroved for food and works on many strains (however I still don't recommend it) may be a better option for those og and Bubba outdoor growers. sulfer and Neem for me though.

K

kushtrees

ty nc that looks like a wonderful alternative for prevention on my list for sure

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Jetcat,

Not to sound argumentative, but do you have anything to support the claim that neem rhyzosphere drenches effect PM? Seems like a stretch.

J

jetcat

Jetcat,

Not to sound argumentative, but do you have anything to support the claim that neem rhyzosphere drenches effect PM? Seems like a stretch.

unfortunately I don't have any studies to cite. I heard this from an old grower and tried it. 2 runs ago I got rid of thrips and had zero pm. the last run I skipped this step and had some pm on most strains. I have also successfully done this in the past but you want to be careful to not overdo it because it can make plants bitter.

J

jetcat

I must add that these are soil grows. There would obviously be the added benefit of deterring root bugs which in effect also reduces the severity of the mildew.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sea

In Mendo there was a meeting with the Sheriff and AG commissioner. The AG guy stated clearly that when we use products on mj they are being applied illegally. In the Feds eye products can only be used as labeled. Since NO product is labeled for MJ all use is illegal.

Sucks but it's interesting how Law makes find a way to make so much illegal.

Found this long read but should be read by ALL who apply any type of product to their plants.

http://www.unce.unr.edu/publications/files/ag/other/sp8707.pdf

nc
Ahhh... fascinating. So that's just like the drug that was given to my son that was "off prescription" (in other words it was being used to treat a disorder that it wasn't originally intended or tested to treat) and therefore, technically illegal.

And that would mean that if I use, say... Spectracide to treat a problem on a plant that's NOT listed on the label, I'm using it illegally, would that be a correct statement?

Yet this section reads differently than that to me:

7. To Use Any Registered Pesticide in a Manner Inconsistent with its Labeling – means to use any pesticide in a manner not permitted by the labeling, provided that the term shall not include:
a. Applying a pesticide at any dosage, concentration or frequency less than that listed on the labeling.
b. Applying a pesticide against any target pest not on the labeling if the application is to a crop, animal, or site that is listed.
c. Use any equipment or method of application that is not prohibited by the labeling.
d. Mix a pesticide or pesticides with a fertilizer, if the labeling does not prohibit the
mixture.

Must read more. Maybe have the legal-minded sis take a look at it, help me with the definitions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom