powdery mildew days before harvest

• Thread starter mateo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

Milk is good when in flower. For veg milk sucks because it only works for about 3 days and then the PM comes back. Myclobutanil in veg destroys PM for good! Immunox Spectracide is only like $12. There really is no need for Eagle20 or to spend $50 on it. If you have good airflow to begin with you should't have PM problems. I brought a clone into my room, I isolated it for 2 weeks and as soon as I put it in my veg room it busted out with PM.

caligirl

caligirl

When i use to get pm, really bad, if they were in mid to late flowering, id strip off all infected leaves before id spray buds. minor defoliation in mid to late flowering is actually good for many (not all strains) and keeps mildew at bay until harvest. I think spraying anything on buds near harvest is icky and always damages some trichs.

fenny

fenny

im havin problems at the mo well i say at the mo ant seen it for the last 2 weeks been spraying with water milk an bicarb and fairy liquid and it seems to work a treat im in the first week of flower so hopefully iv got rid but if it comes back can i keep spraying up untill chop ?

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

You will not get rid of PM by spraying anything besides Eagle 20. Many people think it is a contact mold and by removing affected regions you can stop the spread but that simply isn't true. The mold is in the plant and it will come back no matter what you put on there unless it is a systemic. I would not recommend spraying Eagle 20 unless you were in early veg though because it will stay in the plant if you spray in flower. Others may disagree on this point but I would say better safe than cancer. If you got PM because of your environment it will come back no matter what you do unless you fix the underlying problem. If it came in on a clone then just treat it. If not it is likely that you need to run a dehumidifier beginning about 30 min before lights off until the lights come back on. When lights go out and the temp drops the carrying capacity of the air drops so your relative humidity spikes resulting in condensate on the leaves which will result in PM or other nasties. Also proper airflow is critical. Growing is like health, maintenance is much easier than crisis management. Your options at this point depend on what you have riding on the grow and if you have backup plants available. If you are a hobbiest and you do it for fun I would kill the current flowering girls, treat the veg and clean the everliving fuck out of both rooms (Im talking bleach from top to bottom, lysol, and remove all organic material that isn't alive.) If you absolutely must harvest this crop I would stick with the spectricide (mmmmmm Baby shit) or maby a neem product one time this early to combat it. I for one would never sell or smoke anything with pm in it, I would just turn the lot into BHO and call it a day if you are gonna harvest. Also be sure to wear proper protective equipment when spraying any chemicals (Rubber suit, respirator (not a dust mask), and rubber gloves) and I would wear a dust mask anytime you are around the pm plants. If you live in the same house good luck with your breathing for the next two months because PM is nasty shit!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I haven't seen this posted, sorry if I missed it. EWC tea. Foliar. Problem solved. You can watch PM dissolve and disappear. Use up to the day of harvest. Not use any of the bs. Also, spray your entire room with the tea and you won't be seeing the troubles in the future.

lets review some things so people don't get the wrong ideas.
Everything we grow these plants with THROUGHOUT their life cycle will be in the plant.
So, if I use arsenic in Veg the plant gets rid of it before I smoke it? Or if I turn arsenic plants into BHO is that better? Fix underlying problem.

los0420

los0420

H2O2 is excellent; and leaves no taste. Too high a concentration tho, and you'll bleach you pistils and damage plant matter to some degree (don"t ask how I know...lol).
Also I've found that 91% isopropyl and water in a 50/50 mix will rid your PM. Good luck!
This is very true you will actually see the pm float to the top of the water surface ,I believe i seen a video of gorge cervantes doing this

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, if you saw a video it was likely Mr. Cervantes's video. I did this a few months before I saw the video, and it works great. I used OxiDate, though.

N

nightmarecreature

I swear by this stuff! It works just as good as Eagle 20! It's used on Grapes. I would not use it in flower. Milk for flower and this in veg. One time in veg and the PM is gone forever. If your room does not have good airflow, you will reinfect yourself with PM. If the airflow is good, it will not return. At one time I had PM spreading everywhere, after a good dunk of this stuff with no room cleaning and it's been gone for two years. I did up my air flow. I have only had to use this stuff twice for clones, it works that good. Use the directions as if you were growing tomato's.

I will state again. Yes, it cures PM! The only product I've used that will kill PM for good.

PM GONE

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
H2O2 is excellent; and leaves no taste. Too high a concentration tho, and you'll bleach you pistils and damage plant matter to some degree (don"t ask how I know...lol).
Also I've found that 91% isopropyl and water in a 50/50 mix will rid your PM. Good luck!

the 50/50 iso did the job for me...I followed up with some Green Cure potassium bicarbonate
I Found out potassium bicarbonate is on the ingredient label of bottled water (for flavor) ;)

N

nightmarecreature

The Title of this thread is
powdery mildew days before harvest :rolleyes:

I know. I'm just trying to save people time and money. People reading this are probably having PM problems. I've used everything on PM and it eventually comes back, except for the Spectracide. I know in flower it's a different story.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Yes, if you saw a video it was likely Mr. Cervantes's video. I did this a few months before I saw the video, and it works great. I used OxiDate, though.

@Seamaiden When you used H2O2 did it remove all signs of pm? I ask because I just dipped some buds in 2 oz H2O2 oxidizer per gal of water but still see the pm.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, all signs visible to the naked eye disappeared. Know that it can't live on dead plant tissues, though. I'd consider dipping again, assuming this is fresh plant material.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Yes fresh cut. I dipped swished 3 times. It will be made into concentrates but I wanted to kill the shit before it spreads.
I re dipped for a long time still see the shit. Uped mix to 4 oz per gallon still see it.:confused:

Ty for the reply.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If nothing else, I bet you can spray some straight (3%) H2O2 on there and that, IME, definitely skizzles the fruiting bodies.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Yes I have seen burnt pistils befor from Greencure on outdoor bud rot.
This was a strange one for me on monday I'm looking at my babies and I see pm in the buds. on just one plant. At first I thought it was just one or two so I start cutting off buds next thing you know I chopped the whole plant and I'm just beside myself. I didn't notice any before this. I harvest on friday.
I notest pm earlier around week 5 so I started burning sulfur and haven't seen any after that. Stupid me didn't look hard enough. This stuff was not on the fan leafs like I usually see but up in the buds. Another hard lesson on the highway of hard knocks.:oops:

Top Bottom