powdery mildew days before harvest

• Thread starter mateo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
greencure - actinovate or oxidate (organic peroxide)

though greencure can burn your pistils
Yeah, and remember that, for some reason, I'm the person who can taste the GC. Blech! Tastes just like soap!
Yes I have seen burnt pistils befor from Greencure on outdoor bud rot.
This was a strange one for me on monday I'm looking at my babies and I see pm in the buds. on just one plant. At first I thought it was just one or two so I start cutting off buds next thing you know I chopped the whole plant and I'm just beside myself. I didn't notice any before this. I harvest on friday.
I notest pm earlier around week 5 so I started burning sulfur and haven't seen any after that. Stupid me didn't look hard enough. This stuff was not on the fan leafs like I usually see but up in the buds. Another hard lesson on the highway of hard knocks.:oops:
It is, but to me PM isn't one of the harder knocks. If you don't have any, get a horticultural oil like JMS Stylets. It forms a physical barrier to fruiting bodies and they don't become resistant to it. That, along with peroxide and I also use isopropyl if I see it, can be used whether or not you even see anything. Hell, even high pH water could be a good preventative (I'd mix with iso just to be sure it evaporates that much more quickly).

And then, there's milk. Does a body good!

stonestacker

stonestacker

So the rest have it to.
DSCN0292
DSCN0293
DSCN0296

And peroxide didn't do shit even at full strength.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
At full strength it should have killed the fruiting bodies at least. Got sulfur (vaporizer)? Milk is another option, skim, @10%, but like the H2O2 and iso and physical barriers, it needs to be applied regularly to really work, and it's gotta touch the fruiting bodies. I personally wouldn't at this point.

I would begin burning sulfur here. I would also start giving them aspirin water, foliar and/or root drenches (probably root drench to avoid wetting them down too often). How far along are they again? Isopropyl alcohol mixed with a very high pH water, alternated or used in combination with S vaporizing and adding aspirin to help boost their immune systems ought to get you through flower without huge losses. If using S burns, do not use any kind of oil foliar application[/i].

I'm sorry, I'm drawing a blank on your reported parameters. Is your room sealed? If not and you're ventilating, I wonder if adding something like a HEPA filter might help prevent spores from getting inside the room(s) once this run is done and you work on cleaning up.

stonestacker

stonestacker

I chopped last night. Will bleach the room and equipment and spray the ceiling with H2O2. Not sealed I use Horti-cntrol dust shrooms.
I ordered JMS stylet-oil. Thanks for the heads up about not burning sulfur when using oil.
I was burning sulfur @ lights out for 1 hr every day! For at least 5 weeks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I chopped last night. Will bleach the room and equipment and spray the ceiling with H2O2. Not sealed I use Horti-cntrol dust shrooms.
I ordered JMS stylet-oil. Thanks for the heads up about not burning sulfur when using oil.
I was burning sulfur @ lights out for 1 hr every day! For at least 5 weeks.
Ahh... you've gotta burn for at least 3-4hrs, IIRC, and I think the treatment period might even need to be longer. Sorry you had to chop. You might want to also use some TSP in those rooms. I use a combination of bleach and isopropyl alcohol.

Lowman

Lowman

I've sprayed down rooms with bleach....and it is really rough on the lungs...even with a mask. Look into picking up some Physan 20. Does a good jiob without the harsh burn on the lungs.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Ahh... you've gotta burn for at least 3-4hrs, IIRC, and I think the treatment period might even need to be longer. Sorry you had to chop. You might want to also use some TSP in those rooms. I use a combination of bleach and isopropyl alcohol.
Sea what is TSP?
I wipe down everything I can with bleach and spray H2O2 and yeah even the that is hard on my lungs and eyes.

TY

dankninja

dankninja

pre treating with zero tolerance has worked for me so far, at least with cuts. there is a post-harvest h2o2 wash by jorge on youtube somewhere, never tried it though. good luck man

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Ble@ch is ridiculous. Plant oils for the win.
Even iso pales in comparison to mother nature. I ain't selling anything, just reporting my experience. OGBioWar and essential oils for prevention AND cure..

stonestacker

stonestacker

@Seamaiden Are you seeing any smoke in your area from wildfires? Hope not.
Have you used JMS oil befor? If so how late into flower can it be used?

TY

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden Are you seeing any smoke in your area from wildfires? Hope not.
Have you used JMS oil befor? If so how late into flower can it be used?

TY
No, in fact, I had no idea there were any. They're a couple hundred miles south of us, I believe. Thank you for asking! I think we may have some other farmers who are near them, though.

Yes, I use JMS damn near every year. I haven't used it outside very far into flowering, but indoors I've had to use it. I haven't used it all the way through, just because I'm not sure how easily the oil washes off or dissipates with time, so I stop it at least 2wks prior to planned harvest. I've only dealt with PM inside once or twice, and the isopropyl alcohol does knock it back pretty well while evaporating very quickly.

stonestacker

stonestacker

The bride and I saw smoke once on our way to glacier National. What an eye opener just so devastating. Best vibes to all.
Thanks for the respons. Trying to be preventative I was going to stop after week 3. Now mabey week 5. I started using a heater and ordered a Quest 155 dehumidifier. Those 70 pint jobs just don't cut it. I've used tea foliars before just don't seem to work for me. I've had good results with sulfur befor but room was getting below 65 I think thats why it didn't work this time. Getting a better hold on environment should be the best bet along with JMS.

Peace.

Top Bottom