Powdery mildew right before harvest

• Thread starter dreamnfox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is this crop ruined?, would you smoke it?

• Yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

So about 1 week ago i noticed some small dots of powdery mildew on a few leaves. I removed as many leaves as possible and decreased my humidity. It seemed to be speading so i chopped everything down today. I removed all the big and mid sized fan leaves.
I trim everything very close and i plan on scoping everything and tossing anything with the mildew on it
Is it safe to keep, smoke the rest? If not I will end up having to buy from dispensaries. Now i know the dispensaries sell weed that gets infected with powdery mildew.

L

Lifted1

i dont think the spots are showing that well in your pics maybe?????

if you think you have PM you can make a dilution with Hydrogen Peroxide and spray the plants. it will knock back the PM and you can smoke it after.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

i dont think the spots are showing that well in your pics maybe?????

if you think you have PM you can make a dilution with Hydrogen Peroxide and spray the plants. it will knock back the PM and you can smoke it after.
they are already cut down, everything i am reading tells me i am most likely fine. I caught it very quick

L

Lifted1

ok cool, glad you got some good smoke!

now to piss in your cereal.... if you really think you have PM than you need to toss that cut. If you've been running it multiple runs, possibly all your gear if you've cross contaminated it all. Powdery Mildew is a systemic fungal infection. (its living in your plant like a parasite)

you will battle this every growth cycle. Just get past it now.

Next thing, you need to invest in a sulfur burner. While your room is clear, now is the time to burn. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP

get with it bro bro!

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

now to piss in your cereal.... if you really think you have PM than you need to toss that cut. If you've been running it multiple runs, possibly all your gear if you've cross contaminated it all. Powdery Mildew is a systemic fungal infection. (its living in your plant like a parasite)

Next thing, you need to invest in a sulfur burner. While your room is clear, now is the time to burn. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP

get with it bro bro!
already have one, going to bleach everything, let it sit for a few week in the cold garage, then sulfur burner before i start back up. Will definitely be on top of the ipm. Luckly its very cold and dry in the garage when i am not running my tents

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
So about 1 week ago i noticed some small dots of powdery mildew on a few leaves. I removed as many leaves as possible and decreased my humidity. It seemed to be speading so i chopped everything down today. I removed all the big and mid sized fan leaves.
I trim everything very close and i plan on scoping everything and tossing anything with the mildew on it
Is it safe to keep, smoke the rest? If not I will end up having to buy from dispensaries. Now i know the dispensaries sell weed that gets infected with powdery mildew.
To be perfectly honest (and I know I may catch some flak for this, but I don't give a fuck), I've kept and smoked molded weed numerous times over my lifetime for personal use only. I mean, nothing *serious* but a little mold? You're going to burn most of that shit away before it ever hits your lungs, anyway.

I've also taken 50/50 91% isopropyl alcohol and water in a spray bottle, and sprayed nugs with mold on them, then allowed to dry out overnight. Kills the mold in it's tracks so it won't further degrade. It's important to dry it out very well, though. And of course the alcohol will likely ruin terps and THC levels but that's the chance you take.

Like you said, it's either that, or pay lots of $$ to some dispo that probably has worse problems than you 🤣

Disclaimer- I do not advocate this for commercial weed, or even weed you intend to smoke with your friends. But frankly, I don't give a fuck about my lungs. I'm sure the shit-fires I breathed in Iraq/Afghanistan were much, much worse 🤣

Rooke

Rooke

You can do a qwiso once you dry it out really good grind it up fine- medium in your blender then qwiso it. Check out GNick55 has new qwiso videos Bonus!!!!!

T

themikeyme

I'd just be sure to do a great trim job and dry with dehumidifier at like 20 percent for a week or two to get it as dry as possible for a few days to basically kill it off and then reintroduce humidity with a tortilla. "Flower tortillas for flower and corn tortillas for tacos" it's the 11th commandment 😂👌🤤

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

get with it bro bro!
From what i am reading it is no longer considered a systemic infection. My cut of this was taking before these plants were even started. My moms are in a different room. I am really hoping i dont have to trash them. I have built up a nice little collection. I sm running a second tent, right next to the one that got PM. The plants are very health and no sign of pm. I am watching them very closely

Eledin

Eledin

Just bud wash with hydrogen peroxide or baking soda before you dry OR just make edibles and don’t smoke it. PM doesn’t have to ruin your harvest
^This, if it ever happens again even if its not much wash your buds. I wash my buds nonetheless (but I use only water if there wasnt any pest present) and I grow indoor, they always catch some dust and hairs from clothing or your pet. 1 bucket with water with hydrogen peroxide or baking soda and lemon (plenty of recipes and tutorials in google and youtube) a second bucket with clear water to rinse everything well and if youre doing a lot of weed a third bucket with clear water for good meassure. If the first bucket starts going brownish or has a lot of stuff floating change water. Works with any pest, I had spider mites in one of my plants recently, washed it and it was a beatiful smoke, all the nasty stuff was floating on the buckets.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

^This, if it ever happens again even if its not much wash your buds. I wash my buds nonetheless (but I use only water if there wasnt any pest present) and I grow indoor, they always catch some dust and hairs from clothing or your pet. 1 bucket with water with hydrogen peroxide or baking soda and lemon (plenty of recipes and tutorials in google and youtube) a second bucket with clear water to rinse everything well and if youre doing a lot of weed a third bucket with clear water for good meassure. If the first bucket starts going brownish or has a lot of stuff floating change water. Works with any pest, I had spider mites in one of my plants recently, washed it and it was a beatiful smoke, all the nasty stuff was floating on the buckets.
I wash my outdoor plants, but just with water. I felt like i could taste the baking soda, when i did that method. Will definitely do a wash next time, if this happens again

Top Bottom