powdery mildew

• Thread starter choking420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

choking420

ok just had a harvest and used the zone+penetrator. it actually worked. i was stunned. been spraying my mom's with it and it seems to come back a lil on some of them. only 2 show no more symptoms. gotta keep spraying to break the cycle. but on the other hand the clones that i made are exhibiting small pm on a couple of fan leaves. sprayed and it looks like they're gone. do you guys know if any bayer systhane is sold in the states. i checked a lot of hydro stores and all with no luck. if i ran a sulfer burner with my moms for 7 weeks would all pm be dead so that the progeny would not carry them? also is that gc-3 now called safergro mildew cure? i tried looking it up online and it basically came down to 2 different bottles.

F

FastForward

Zone + Penetrator works. Not cheap, and the dil rate of the Penetrator is heavy @ 60/l, but it works....

I need to work out a lesser maintenance rate on the Zone for a weekly preventative spray....I think all pm people should do until the Spring? I think Mark @ Humboldt Nutrients had it down to 2-5ml/gallon for preventative use - will double check it (and can someone convert that to ml/litre for me?!)

C

choking420

i'm currently using up to 10 ml of zone and only 120 ml of penetrator per gal of water and it seems to work fine on some of my moms. going to try to bump up the penetrator cause a couple of my other moms seems to be exhibiting lil signs of pm. but thanks for the advice fastforward. listened to your comments and went with dutch master and it saved most of my harvest.:D

Greyskull

Greyskull

I have been battling the PM for a little while.
Spraying neem like crazy every 10 days.
I got some green cure but have been hesitant to use it because I got a sulpher burner.
I have been buring a half cup 3hrs every other day in each room for the last week, and it has knocked the pm way the hell back.
I have heard pm is systemic, and that it needs to be dealth with via both burner & zone+penetrator for 2+weeks. I still need to get the z+p....

hey fast foward - did you spray every other day for 2 weeks/what was your frequency of spray with the zone + penetrator?

F

FastForward

hey fast foward - did you spray every other day for 2 weeks/what was your frequency of spray with the zone + penetrator?

I went with every 3-4 days for a month and it cleared it right up. Ideally dip your plants, as suggested by Mark @ Humboldt Nutes in the original IC thread, but if they're too big give them a really solid spray, all over - spray till runoff, spray topside, underneath, stem, soil surface. Make sure they get coated so that the PM can't hide anywhere. Then let them dry outside the tent, or lights off/high up (mine burned the leaves even with lights high, so off or out is better).

Mark also suggests a maintenance dose/spraying every week and quarantine for new plants/cuts from out...not sure of the rate though...I thikn it was 2-5m/gallon.

C

Coco4Coco

I know people who spray their clones with Safer Sulfur Spray
to prevent PM in strains like Afgoohey which is prone to PM
And they never have a problem...
I have sprayed it on leaves WITH LIGHTS OFF for 2 or 3 days and it is gone...
I did not really want to deal with the sulfur burner and this way worked for me...
I also this last time sprayed my newly tranplanted Afghooh's with the spray
and never had a problem this time.

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

I'm currently PM free so far this run. I'm currently in veg and when I do my preventative Zone+Penetrator treatments I raise the lights or them off then spray 'em down and then bring in extra fans to almost completely dry out the tops of the leaves and I get no burn.

I have an off-site mom box just for the purpose of not getting PM on my moms in case I get it during bloom. No cross contamination. I have 200w of T-5 and I leave the lights on and get no burn.
Here's how I treat my moms since they are bonsai style in rockwool. Get a 5 gallon bucket or similar container that is tall enough so you can get it completely under water. Now instead of doing the dunk and moving it around by hand and risk breaking a branch, I use an air pump & air stone. Mix up some Z+P turn on the air pump and the bubbling action helps to get all leaf surfaces wet. This technique works with other mediums but you may have to make a lid to prevent your medium from falling out.
Only downside is that its a 5 ga. batch of Z+P. So I only do this once a week and spray in between 2 to 3 days at a time.

Top Bottom