Powdery mildew

• Thread starter ant87stang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ant87stang

Hey guys ? For u. I've fought the nasty battle of pm before. It's been a while since I had issues but I recently just found a very light amount , my crop has roughly 10 days to go, anything you can treat with this late in flower, don't want to compromise smell or looks. Or should I just take her down ASAP. There's hardly any now but I fought this nasty cancer before. Terrible ! Appreciate advise

MediNice

MediNice

What are the environmental conditions.... indoor, outdoor, day and night temp, RH, how late in flowering, home much longer to go, how do you feel about non-organic?

A

ant87stang

Ya. It didn't get to effect flowers, thank god. I Just didn't want to risk mildew getting much worse, I've used green cure, good product but I think it may turn flowers color a bit this late? No effect ? I had a problem with humidity at night. These were such monsters it was tough I have to step it up and get commercial dehumidifer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey guys ? For u. I've fought the nasty battle of pm before. It's been a while since I had issues but I recently just found a very light amount , my crop has roughly 10 days to go, anything you can treat with this late in flower, don't want to compromise smell or looks. Or should I just take her down ASAP. There's hardly any now but I fought this nasty cancer before. Terrible ! Appreciate advise
I can taste Greencure, so I won't use it. This late my own experience says OxiDate or any other powerful peroxide will be good here. Pluck off the leaves where you see the fruiting bodies (PM spores). If you find it on the buds themselves, you have the option of doing a dip, Jorge Cervantes did a video on the method I've used to good success. All of these things have the possibility of burning pistils.

A

ant87stang

I can taste Greencure, so I won't use it. This late my own experience says OxiDate or any other powerful peroxide will be good here. Pluck off the leaves where you see the fruiting bodies (PM spores). If you find it on the buds themselves, you have the option of doing a dip, Jorge Cervantes did a video on the method I've used to good success. All of these things have the possibility of burning pistils.
Ya I seen the video, it's a very small amount so far just wondering if I should chop early to prevent more spread ? Or what? And peroxide in foliar ? At what rate or amount per gallon? What strenth peroxide

A

ant87stang

What are the environmental conditions.... indoor, outdoor, day and night temp, RH, how late in flowering, home much longer to go, how do you feel about non-organic?
I couldn't control humidity at night I believe that's what cause was, I will use anything just don't WANa lose quality smell or appearance

Skoosh

Skoosh

Just to be clear, Oxidate is NOT Hydrogen peroxide, (H2O2) it's Hydrogen Dioxide.(H2O3)
And about 100 times stronger than plain H2O2 so if you find any be careful mixing it up.

R

redlife215

I'm telling you my man if ur 10 days off don't fuck with em, all that's shit they are telling you to do will just bother ur plants by either burning their pistils or by leaving an unwanted taste or burn. Let em finish and if anything cut a lil early or if u absolutely must do something just get a uv light to kill the spores. Cleanairpro type shit should hold u over nicely

Supercharge

Supercharge

Just to be clear, Oxidate is NOT Hydrogen peroxide, (H2O2) it's Hydrogen Dioxide.(H2O3)
And about 100 times stronger than plain H2O2 so if you find any be careful mixing it up.

LOL just to be clear, hydrogen peroxide and hydrogen dioxide both = H2O2. Different names for the same chemical. Di = two, so dioxide has two oxygen atoms bound together.

OxiDate contains two chemicals:

Hydrogen dioxide (H202)
Peroxyacetic acid

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
PAA is used in food handling.
Ya I seen the video, it's a very small amount so far just wondering if I should chop early to prevent more spread ? Or what? And peroxide in foliar ? At what rate or amount per gallon? What strenth peroxide
With the OxiDate, follow label instructions closely. It's very strong stuff, but once it's done reacting it's perfectly safe. It's been a long time since I've used it, or I would recall the dosing rate exactly, I *think* it's 1oz/gal. You can use it at the reco'd rate for either a foliar or for the dip. You can also use it to treat surrounding areas, though I would also use something like isopropyl alcohol (spritzed on walls, fixtures, etc.).

mr roboto

mr roboto

that sucks to hear about the pm so late in flowering, I wouldnt spray it with anything this late. Just cut off the infected leaves and toss them and chop a few days early if you need to.

colostoney

colostoney

seamaiden is right a can taste green cure in the smoke as it burns.....even years after ya harv sucks about half through a bowl its got a metallic taste
I thought fir a while the shitty taste was from the pm damage but that shit gives it a sour metallic aftertaste
Id not use it after about a third in bloom
heck late in bloom chlorinated tap water helps to at least control it

Peroxide or other products that oxidize are ok for some spot cleanin maybe but id be careful using anything that oxidizes too as my gland became mature
oxidation is the main process that breaks thc down naturally as it ages and the air and light speed this up
a few years back a partners satellite had a bad pm outbreak cuz he slacked on the neem regiment like a fuck
and we were spot treating with diluted h202 at about .75% worked and dissolved the pm pretty muc on contact and Im anal
so I liked that. Good neem used right destroys the pms mycelial network and spores but it is tenaciously attached so the dead spores remain around
I started noticing the bud sprayed with peroxide had a sorta nutty different taste and diff buzz
and you could see under a microscope they looked way older than they should have
that bud tasted exactly like very old well stored bud gets after a few years it doesn't ruin it but it ages that bud premature bad
them peroxided gland looked all charbroiled and old.
I neem with untreated cold pressed neem once or twice a week until the last two weeks. Neem with preservatives on the store shelves does not work well for fungus
because the preservatives destroy its antifungals. Get good neem from neem resource alternative right from india and store what ya don't use in the fridge
and don't be lazy use it regular like brushin ya teeth and ya will beat almost any weed vector before it ever takes hold from about any bgs to virus to fungus neem used right is the bees knees......
and is one the more biologically kind organic pesticides. I loved monterrey but it started killing off my worms and soil microherd so now its just a last resort Hbomb type
weapon here. I will be treating the indoor with monterrey when the out comes in to hang though

Anyone notice if ya hang a plant that had pm to dry like a month to six weeks a lot of it falls off?
here in southern colo its too dry for most real toxic weed fungus but pm thrives in the dusty environment because pm is a strange organism even for fungus
pm thrives on plant species with lush leaves that loose a lot a water to evaporation because the nasty shit feeds on evaporating water
Im totally organic and around here its a challenge to keep it off grapes, pumkin quash and cucumber leaves too I noticed it likes wood vine as well.......
I also think theres a grip a subspecies a pm but ours native one here is more a cosmestic issue and ya can fuck ya bud up trying to be rid of it and not succeed so I just hold it back from getting in my bud with neem twice a week and ignore it like a teenager with achne I hate the shit though
my god damn kush in indicas are most pm susceptible my haze beasts don't get any fungus or bugs and the Oaxaca highland sat I worked into it was totally bug n mold resitant
damn is it nice cuz the bulk my yeoilds haze and I can ignore mold n bugs but the dankest kush and indicas I can find ALL almost are very very pm susceptible here especially outside
we have a period were theres hardly a day/night temp difference and that causes pm to explode
even inside if you can maintain a 15 degree diff in day and night temps it wll dramatically slow the damn pm fungus' mycelial blooms dramatic

man Im babbling my butt off super stoned

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dewd, I've been trying to find papers that show that PM can cause problems for humans. Right now my opinion is that it's mostly cosmetic. I mean, so we kill the fruiting bodies, but the PM is still in the plant tissues, and guess what. It doesn't infect us or seem to really cause problems.

Still lookin' for papers!

Thanks for that information on what you saw after using peroxide treatments, too.

mr roboto

mr roboto

lol I'm about to trash this room due to pm, I sulfur bombed in week 2 and sprayed 35% mad farmers hydrogen peroxide a few times in week 3 and the pm just comes right back within a week so I'm tired of fighting a losing battle. You have a hella better chance than me, good thing for backup rooms
20141001 205207

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it's (PM) bad this year. All summer I've been looking at bull thistle on the north side of my house that's absolutely COVERED in PM. That was after watching a bunch of yellow daisy-type flowers I planted years ago (came labeled as purple cone flower, they ain't) die off en masse to PM.

Very hot, dry weather, with RH rarely hitting over 30%.

bighempn

bighempn

yeah i think the pm is out for blood this year… having a hell of a time my self with it. i had 15 huge plants in my first room to start with and now have 8 plants sadly. 7 of those were a mystery strain that i had gotten from someone and they all turned out to be the culprits of pm so i culled em.
my second room of all alien ogs were ok. that strait is super resistant to pm it seems like and smells fun amazing so far(about 4 weeks in flower). my first room is about to come down and I'm still a little worried about pm but haven't seen any on the others so I'm just going to see what happens in the next few days here and treat with green cure @ 1/2 a tblsp. per gallon if i see any.

happy growing guys and good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom