PLAT MASTER
BLUE DREAM
SOUR D
TRU OG KUSH
SOUR AMNESIA
SFV OG

ALL STRAINS THAT HAD SICK YIELDS...

YES THE REMOVED SHIT IS NASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

U CAN STILL GET A WAXXY FINISH W OUT THE NASTY SHIT...JUST GOTTA DRY THAT SHIT OUT!!!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

imho yield is also strain related..was your gear all frozen? It slows the blow down may also add contact time....I blow bout a oz. and avg bout 5 g...
I never ever whip it ......I do winterize to get rid of the waxs ect. but I dont freeze the finished (resin) concrete for storage.
My preference: is to winterize it then decarb it a bit then make an eliquid..
I syringe that into a carto and vape for a week off a ecig battery..........dats my story

I have a whole slew of questions for you. What do you mean by winterize? Is that freezing your fresh material? Are you also saying to freeze the butane prior to using it? Do you have photos of your finished product? When you blast is your pyrex sitting on warm water?

Sorry to bombard you like this, but I am very interested in how others are doing there wax.

germinator

germinator

No worries ........by Winterize ....I mean the process of removing plant waxes, lipids,fats and such from your extracts by dissolving it in ethanol then stashing in your freezer for 48hrs. I then filter it for further evaporation to absolute amber. Check out the oil thread under hash processing I believe you should find some more answers. I do freeze my butane and my materials prior to blow....I do blow into a warm water bath when I'm NOT going to winterize....otherwise ill jump right to the ethanol and evaporate everything out at the same time. I sent you a pm on more complete info

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

okay did side by side with vector both waxy and I can't observe any diff in taste or smell. I am winterizing a batch I dropped a bunch of leaf in to like a super noob. it turned taffy and dark instead of light and crumbly. let Yall know how it goes

kweezy420

kweezy420

i juss did a run with both vector and power.. both came out shatter:) Oh and i think i do a version of winterizing cept i freeze my product for 3-4days. i also freeze my butane

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

well idk how people are getting shatter out of a straight bho run everytime mine butters up with out whipping or stirring. I enjoy it and don't taste butane very flavorful. also i tried to winterize and liked the results very much just need to refine my techniques.

kweezy420

kweezy420

well idk how people are getting shatter out of a straight bho run everytime mine butters up with out whipping or stirring. I enjoy it and don't taste butane very flavorful. also i tried to winterize and liked the results very much just need to refine my techniques.
heat mat or hot water?

deep buddy

deep buddy

power is fine . purge and method are all that really matters.
kweezy420i m def going to try freezing the tane next time good info

workingmandead

workingmandead

I've used Power a few times with no problem. Most likely not the best butane product out there but it does the job. I'd recommend Vector if it's available in your area.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

All these butane's are basically the same. Its all about the purging process like stated above.

Ive seen many side by side comparisons to power 5x. Even power 5x to 7x. You CANNOT tell the difference! Any thing left behind that you wouldnt want in your oil is a GAS and can be evaporated away with time and a Vac.

N butane is the highest quality but its very expensive and hard to get. My buddy has been waiting months to get some for his crazy errl making machine.

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

Xikar and Newport are the two best choices as far as butane. They have been tested for impurities, & test at less than 15 ppms of impurities per can. Also instead of ordering these, you are better off finding them at your local headshop, because these brands are even more expensive on ebay & amazon than in stores.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Xikar and Newport are the two best choices as far as butane. They have been tested for impurities, & test at less than 15 ppms of impurities per can. Also instead of ordering these, you are better off finding them at your local headshop, because these brands are even more expensive on ebay & amazon than in stores.

In my opinion, with a proper purge you will not be able to tell the difference between ANY 5x or 7x refined canned butane. You will only be able to till the difference with N butane.

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

In my opinion, with a proper purge you will not be able to tell the difference between ANY 5x or 7x refined canned butane. You will only be able to till the difference with N butane.
I agree with that to some extent, with Newport you really do think you can tell the difference. It has no delayed cough, & it tastes like N-tane. Plus when you get down to brass tax Korean butane has roughly 50-70% ISO-butane (2-Methyl Propane) in it. While Newport butane only has about 30% ISO-butane in it. Reason being the other 60-70% butane in the can is N-tane.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

I agree with that to some extent, with Newport you really do think you can tell the difference. It has no delayed cough, & it tastes like N-tane. Plus when you get down to brass tax Korean butane has roughly 50-70% ISO-butane (2-Methyl Propane) in it. While Newport butane only has about 30% ISO-butane in it. Reason being the other 60-70% butane in the can is N-tane.

Ive never noticed harshness or taste when using different butanes. Propane isn't really an "impurity" in my opinion, everything in it including mercaptins can be completely evaporated because they are all gasses with a low boiling point. The difference i was taking about is yield.

Im sure Newport has the most butane so you will get a little more yield than other cans, but what ive noticed is you cant really tell. I always buy the cheaper butane because i always get the same quality oil with any butane, especially with my vacuum process.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Propane isn't really an "impurity" in my opinion, everything in it including mercaptins can be completely evaporated because they are all gasses with a low boiling point.

I agree that Propane isn't an impurity, but not that ethyl mercaptan can be completely evaporated away. If it is there, you will find it most difficult to remove and tastes like rotten eggs.

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

I agree that Propane isn't an impurity, but not that ethyl mercaptan can be completely evaporated away. If it is there, you will find it most difficult to remove and tastes like rotten eggs.
So what tane do you use Graywolf?

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Ethyl mercaptan is a stinky gas that has a boiling point of 95 degrees. Why would it be that difficult to remove?

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

well without even thinking id say diff chem compund?
higher boiling point than gas?? i dunno im sure i could come up w a few close guesses....
some kinda additive that binds it to the matrix more???
who knows...

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

ok...so not sure where to start here...
im not sure where ur getting that all korean gas has 50-70% iso butane...thats simply not even close to accurate...(notwithstanding the fact that people have run pure iso and said it works fine)
newport is actually almost 25% propane...same w colibri and prob any other brand marketed by keen...which is not a butane "miner" they just have it bottled like anyone else...they just obviously do biz w a factory that has higher propane mix...AND they put a nifty lil LOGO that THEY made that says near zero impurities...its not like the damn gov put that on the can...its called puffery...lol
so your numbers are a lil off there re the newport ( i do think its funny tho how all of a sudden everyone was on newports dick thinking its some new magic shit, been around a while just not as much in us market)
more like 22% propane
30ish of iso and 50ish of ntane...(i forget what the msds said, but DEF was 22-25% propane)
the can that has an easy to find msds that has the highest con of ntane is vector...its 61% n 11% pro n rest iso if i remember correctly...
based on info and intel i gathered, (some directly from the factory) i use power 5....
power 5 and power 7 (and prob og power 3) are all bottled at the same factory....
theyre all the same...let me prove to you why
lets say you wanted to start a butane co...
you can call this factory to set up your deal.
now it stands to reason if there were multi tiers or grades of gas a factory produced, you would certainly be able to purchase it however you wanted dep on cost and what you wanted or needed for your application....
well you CANT....they have one grade of gas to sell you. PERIOD.
at least that factory does....
no one seems to be able to produce a msds for power...not sure why its not readily avail like the rest...
but i DID after speaking w factory get their msds...

you can purchase 3 grades of specialty gas (tane) from airgas suppliers, (and no its not that hard, you just gotta have an account and be somewhere they sell it, or order it) they are all basically twice as much as canned gas....(i think this calculation was based on a master case, we did it a while ago)

so again, p5 ftw in my book....
ciao

as for "delayed cough" i dont even know wtf that means and will assume it has abs nothing to do with the gas and mainly the material run, purge tech, purge method or lack thereof etc etc etc.......

carry on

Latest posts

Top Bottom