Power butane any good?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Ive never noticed harshness or taste when using different butanes. Propane isn't really an "impurity" in my opinion, everything in it including mercaptins can be completely evaporated because they are all gasses with a low boiling point. The difference i was taking about is yield.

Im sure Newport has the most butane so you will get a little more yield than other cans, but what ive noticed is you cant really tell. I always buy the cheaper butane because i always get the same quality oil with any butane, especially with my vacuum process.

any shit ive read says you MAY get a ligther colored product but will yield less w propane...
i think gdub already mentioned this somewhere....

Graywolf

Graywolf

any shit ive read says you MAY get a ligther colored product but will yield less w propane...
i think gdub already mentioned this somewhere....

Our propane experiments yielded about half as much of a blonder product, that took about four times as long to extract in a Terpenator, because having to cool the recovered Propane down to its lower boiling point, to get it back to a liquid at a reasonable pressure.

We can essentially extract the same blonde colors using butane in a Terpenator, simply by keeping the recovery temperatures low. Check out the Mk IIIA pot full of blonde low temperature butane extract, in the attached picture. That is what a cold extract looks like, before any heat is added, when extracted with Lucienne 4X.

Joe's experiments with chromatography columns easily produces even blonder extractions, by stripping out the polar elements, which tend to be colored.

Plant sugars darken with heat and are much of what he is stripping out. I'll share more once he has everything sorted out, but here is a picture of the different washes through the column, including the last ones where a polar solvent is used to strip the polar elements from the beads.

The first picture shows the full range, and the second shows the first, middle, and final column polar flush samples with the color.

The cannabinoids are in the first two jars. The last two show no measurable cannabinoids on our GC.

Cold extract 1 1
Chromotography samples 1 1
Four chromotography extreme samples 1 1
RoidsRus

RoidsRus

Our propane experiments yielded about half as much of a blonder product, that took about four times as long to extract in a Terpenator, because having to cool the recovered Propane down to its lower boiling point, to get it back to a liquid at a reasonable pressure.

We can essentially extract the same blonde colors using butane in a Terpenator, simply by keeping the recovery temperatures low. Check out the Mk IIIA pot full of blonde low temperature butane extract, in the attached picture. That is what a cold extract looks like, before any heat is added, when extracted with Lucienne 4X.

Joe's experiments with chromatography columns easily produces even blonder extractions, by stripping out the polar elements, which tend to be colored.

Plant sugars darken with heat and are much of what he is stripping out. I'll share more once he has everything sorted out, but here is a picture of the different washes through the column, including the last ones where a polar solvent is used to strip the polar elements from the beads.

The first picture shows the full range, and the second shows the first, middle, and final column polar flush samples with the color.

The cannabinoids are in the first two jars. The last two show no measurable cannabinoids on our GC.
Thats crazy graywolf, thanks for sharing

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

Instrument grade n-Butane, or Lucienne 4X. I've used others with good effect, but I can buy a case of Lucienne for less than $20, and it works just as well.
Where are you snagging the Lucienne 4x from? if you don't mind me asking, that is.

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

ok...so not sure where to start here...
im not sure where ur getting that all korean gas has 50-70% iso butane...thats simply not even close to accurate...(notwithstanding the fact that people have run pure iso and said it works fine)
newport is actually almost 25% propane...same w colibri and prob any other brand marketed by keen...which is not a butane "miner" they just have it bottled like anyone else...they just obviously do biz w a factory that has higher propane mix...AND they put a nifty lil LOGO that THEY made that says near zero impurities...its not like the damn gov put that on the can...its called puffery...lol
so your numbers are a lil off there re the newport ( i do think its funny tho how all of a sudden everyone was on newports dick thinking its some new magic shit, been around a while just not as much in us market)
more like 22% propane
30ish of iso and 50ish of ntane...(i forget what the msds said, but DEF was 22-25% propane)
the can that has an easy to find msds that has the highest con of ntane is vector...its 61% n 11% pro n rest iso if i remember correctly...
based on info and intel i gathered, (some directly from the factory) i use power 5....
power 5 and power 7 (and prob og power 3) are all bottled at the same factory....
theyre all the same...let me prove to you why
lets say you wanted to start a butane co...
you can call this factory to set up your deal.
now it stands to reason if there were multi tiers or grades of gas a factory produced, you would certainly be able to purchase it however you wanted dep on cost and what you wanted or needed for your application....
well you CANT....they have one grade of gas to sell you. PERIOD.
at least that factory does....
no one seems to be able to produce a msds for power...not sure why its not readily avail like the rest...
but i DID after speaking w factory get their msds...

you can purchase 3 grades of specialty gas (tane) from airgas suppliers, (and no its not that hard, you just gotta have an account and be somewhere they sell it, or order it) they are all basically twice as much as canned gas....(i think this calculation was based on a master case, we did it a while ago)

so again, p5 ftw in my book....
ciao

as for "delayed cough" i dont even know wtf that means and will assume it has abs nothing to do with the gas and mainly the material run, purge tech, purge method or lack thereof etc etc etc.......

carry on
I agree with that to some extent, with Newport you really can tell the difference. It has no delayed cough, & it tastes like N-tane. Plus when you get down to brass tax Korean butane has roughly 50-70% ISO-butane (2-Methyl Propane) in it. While Newport butane only has about 30% ISO-butane in it. Reason being the other 60-70% butane in the can is N-tane.

Lol did I not say Newport has 30% Iso-Butane (2-Methyl Propane) in it?

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

ok...so not sure where to start here...
im not sure where ur getting that all korean gas has 50-70% iso butane...thats simply not even close to accurate...(notwithstanding the fact that people have run pure iso and said it works fine)
newport is actually almost 25% propane...same w colibri and prob any other brand marketed by keen...which is not a butane "miner" they just have it bottled like anyone else...they just obviously do biz w a factory that has higher propane mix...AND they put a nifty lil LOGO that THEY made that says near zero impurities...its not like the damn gov put that on the can...its called puffery...lol
so your numbers are a lil off there re the newport ( i do think its funny tho how all of a sudden everyone was on newports dick thinking its some new magic shit, been around a while just not as much in us market)
more like 22% propane
30ish of iso and 50ish of ntane...(i forget what the msds said, but DEF was 22-25% propane)
the can that has an easy to find msds that has the highest con of ntane is vector...its 61% n 11% pro n rest iso if i remember correctly...
based on info and intel i gathered, (some directly from the factory) i use power 5....
power 5 and power 7 (and prob og power 3) are all bottled at the same factory....
theyre all the same...let me prove to you why
lets say you wanted to start a butane co...
you can call this factory to set up your deal.
now it stands to reason if there were multi tiers or grades of gas a factory produced, you would certainly be able to purchase it however you wanted dep on cost and what you wanted or needed for your application....
well you CANT....they have one grade of gas to sell you. PERIOD.
at least that factory does....
no one seems to be able to produce a msds for power...not sure why its not readily avail like the rest...
but i DID after speaking w factory get their msds...

you can purchase 3 grades of specialty gas (tane) from airgas suppliers, (and no its not that hard, you just gotta have an account and be somewhere they sell it, or order it) they are all basically twice as much as canned gas....(i think this calculation was based on a master case, we did it a while ago)

so again, p5 ftw in my book....
ciao

as for "delayed cough" i dont even know wtf that means and will assume it has abs nothing to do with the gas and mainly the material run, purge tech, purge method or lack thereof etc etc etc.......

carry on
Oh and fyi, I have a 12cfm vacuum purger, & a metal desiccator.... Same setup as top shelf extracts, minus the recycling system lol. So I don't even want to talk about poorly purged oil. Regardless when did this forum become a catalog of people who enjoy being a dick swinger? I am simply trying to give my input; not be right you fucking schmuck

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Oh and fyi, I have a 12cfm vacuum purger, & a metal desiccator.... Same setup as top shelf extracts, minus the recycling system lol. So I don't even want to talk about poorly purged oil.

Regardless when did this forum become a catalog of people who enjoy being a dick swinger? I am simply trying to give my input; not be right you fucking schmuck

hahahahahahahaha
Index

J roc

J roc

Lol did I not say Newport has 30% Iso-Butane (2-Methyl Propane) in it?

Oh and fyi, I have a 12cfm vacuum purger, & a metal desiccator.... Same setup as top shelf extracts, minus the recycling system lol. So I don't even want to talk about poorly purged oil. Regardless when did this forum become a catalog of people who enjoy being a dick swinger? I am simply trying to give my input; not be right you fucking schmuck

lol, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. But if you can't back your statements up with facts, why would we want your input?

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

u come on posting a bunch of half science and speculation...great you got one part of your whole post almost close to right..golf clap..
you use the same "vacuum purger" top shelf who ha does...cool...ur on ur way to becoming a fine concentrate artiste...lol.. wtf is a vacuum purger..u mean a vacuum pump? and no bruh, im not trying to swing my dick (lucky for you cuz itd take out ur knees) im just trying to stop the spread of bullshit and misinfo..and as they say in n zed, your post was fuckin chocka full...
what jroc said... not sure but id say 12 cfm is prob wayyyyyyyyy overkill to there hotrod...esp w ur metal vac pro bucket u bought off ebay..lmao prob implode that fuckin hunk.....oh n pretty sure i saw msds for xicar, ur other gas pic, and that sucks too....lol..sorry to burst ur butane bubble..same w sparkx. same w tattoo..same w many brands..get the legit msds and then decide...dont listen to people here(unless they know wtf they talkin bout)...or regurgitate what someone else says, cuz most people dont be knowing...

Top Bottom