Power outages and the photoperiod????

• Thread starter Gray Beard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gray Beard

Gray Beard

How do I reset the photo period after a power failure? The electricity was out for over an hour and I am uncertain what to do to stress my babies as little as possible. Help!!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Resume your original schedule immediately and pretend it was an eclipse :)

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Total or partial?

I was afraid that was going to be the case. Thanks!

N

Nuglover

Resume your original schedule immediately and pretend it was an eclipse :)

Yup...Reset everything and pretend it didn't happen. Nothing can be done now anyway. I have outages alot in the summer and I've thought about using a battery backup from the office supply store for computer back up power. If you just use a small CFL it should stay lit for a while.

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

ive heard from the oldtimers and ive been trying it this storm season, if your power goes out, turn your lights off before the power comes back on, and resume your lights on the starting of the next cycle.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

ive heard from the oldtimers and ive been trying it this storm season, if your power goes out, turn your lights off before the power comes back on, and resume your lights on the starting of the next cycle.
That was my solution also. It makes more sense to me to have a longer night than to split the day/night into odd little light/dark periods. Thank you!

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

This is what I had to do this week and my grow house was out of power for 2 days. I'm at 44* N and the room got down to 38 degrees F. :puke Plants seem to show no ill effects but time will tell. I'll be getting a generator for such instances next winter!

Latest posts

Top Bottom