Power went out yesterday and won't be back on for at least another two days. Suggestions would be great.

• Thread starter Pilted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pilted

Pilted

So had a bad storm, tree fell on my house and 1000s of people's power are out in my area. I am not sure what to do with my plants. Humidity is high 70%-90% no light for 3 days, no air flow.

Suggestions would be great, I can't get a generator, they are sold.out everywhere within 100 miles.

I can't put them outside as I am only legally allowed to grow inside.

I opened the tent but then my neighbors started asking me If I smelled weed, they stink.

No power so I can't be on the site a lot but will check back in a while, gotta save phone batter as best I can.

What do you think? You think they will make it in a dark very damp environment for 3 days without issues, or are they goners?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
This is why I ALWAYS keep my genny outside, gassed, covered, and tested once a week, obviously opening the tent is out of the question, sadly without power not sure much can be done. I’m not sure if you stated the growth stage, i saw you where questioning RH which makes me figure mid flower

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Two plants, one 5 days into flower the other 35 ish days into flower.
Hmm the one 5 days into flower might transition normally since she just got flipped, the 35 day plant I’m not sure hopefully someone with experience with long term power loss in flower drops in

Pilted

Pilted

Day and a half in still another day and a half left before power is back on.

6 days into flower
IMG 20230701 122810216

36 ish days into flower
IMG 20230701 122840511

They don't look horrible so that's good.

Pilted

Pilted

Man I found a generator about 150 miles from the house, I called the store to confirm they had it, they confirmed they had 2 left, I make the 2 hour drive get there and they sold them while I was driving there. Found one on Facebook market this morning just posted called and someone else was already on there way to pick it up, 5 minutes after it was posted. I'm giving up the hunt for a generator, will see what happens when power gets restored, but it's so humid and hot in the tents I don't have high hopes of no issues. The one that is 35 days into flower stinks so bad when I open tent it's more of a musky smell today, I think I'm have some mold, mildew, rot issues.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
What do you think? You think they will make it in a dark very damp environment for 3 days without issues, or are they goners?

I had an entire facility with three grow rooms lose power for 8 days and the plants were fine without light. Just had to water by hand. The only issue we had was we were not in flower, so that set us back quite a bit with re-vegging.

If your plants are already flowering, and it looks like they are, you should be just fine.

Pilted

Pilted

I had an entire facility with three grow rooms lose power for 8 days and the plants were fine without light. Just had to water by hand. The only issue we had was we were not in flower, so that set us back quite a bit with re-vegging.

If your plants are already flowering, and it looks like they are, you should be just fine.
That's very helpful thanks.

I'm mainly worried about the moisture issue with them being in flower, but trust and believe when power back on they going to be at 45-50% humidity to at least kill any mildew that may have started. I have read mildew can't survive in 45-50% humidity The one without buds yet I am not to worried about it after your post, but the one with buds I am not sure what's going to happen with the high humidity it's a lot of moisture. The leaves are wet to the touch. That can't be good.

Eledin

Eledin

Man I found a generator about 150 miles from the house, I called the store to confirm they had it, they confirmed they had 2 left, I make the 2 hour drive get there and they sold them while I was driving there. Found one on Facebook market this morning just posted called and someone else was already on there way to pick it up, 5 minutes after it was posted. I'm giving up the hunt for a generator, will see what happens when power gets restored, but it's so humid and hot in the tents I don't have high hopes of no issues. The one that is 35 days into flower stinks so bad when I open tent it's more of a musky smell today, I think I'm have some mold, mildew, rot issues.
The smell can become quite strong and unpleassant sometimes, specially considering that they use their night period to restore terpenes, its probably just that they smell too strong instead of mold, hopefully!
EDIT: I had the same problem with a strain that had a very musky smell (it was a skunk with something else), and mine were not even that long in the dark... that one made me decide I definetely needed a new filter, and bigger. The smell was really unpleasant sometimes even with the filter on but it became a very dank weed.

Last edited:
Pilted

Pilted

I think you should pull em out of tent and give them some air . Spread em out maybe it will reduce the smell.
I pulled them out for a while and I currently have one out, but the one further along in flower I had her out for about an hour I walked to the store, as my driveway is blocked by a different tree, and I could smell her at the end of the street. I'm all legal growing but still don't want the attention drawn to me. Everyone's windows are open as no one has power. I don't need everyone knowing what I am doing, neighbors going to be like blood hounds sniffing there way to my door trying to get me to smoke em out 🤣😂🤣😂🤣.

P

Putthataway

I pulled them out for a while and I currently have one out, but the one further along in flower I had her out for about an hour I walked to the store, as my driveway is blocked by a different tree, and I could smell her at the end of the street. I'm all legal growing but still don't want the attention drawn to me. Everyone's windows are open as no one has power. I don't need everyone knowing what I am doing, neighbors going to be like blood hounds sniffing there way to my door trying to get me to smoke em out 🤣😂🤣😂🤣.
Well I agree with you that no needed attention is a positive I bought a carbon filter because I thought it was stinking up the front of my house. What I came to find out was it wasn’t my plants… smell was different.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
They have to be loving that fresh air exchange right now, how many hours total was the power out?

Top Bottom