Power went out yesterday

• Thread starter Calgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Calgreen

So my power went out yesterday before the lights came on. It was off all day and I wasn't freaking out or anything. But then when I got up this morning the lights were on. We forgot to switch the timers off so when the power turned on they just picked up were they left off. The lights were on for about 45 min to an hour before I woke up and shut them off and fixed the timer. I thought about just leaving the lights off for another day but I didn't. My question is did I do the right thing or should I have just left them off for another day?

philly kush

philly kush

Na u did the right thing .u always wanna keep the light times in check

hiboy

hiboy

would of been better to leave them on for 12 hours , so u dont have any herm issues but u should be ok
h

D

dan.23

Shit my power went out today also. I got the generator fired up and by the time I got everything hooked up the power came back on.... oh well better safe than sorry I guess. On a side note this is my first post and would like to say hello to everyone. Ive been lurking for awhile and decided to become an official member.

C

Calgreen

What I did was fix the timers, the lights came on a couple hours later.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Welcome dan.23, know the feeling, nothing like babysitting through a power outage. Just don't make the mistake of forgetting to fill up your gas cans beforehand (speaking from experience unfortunately).

R

RareDanknessRep

Quick tip: if you don't have power for your light cycle, carefully place candles in your room - as long as there's any light, the girls will treat it as light, not dark (plus the bonus CO2 doesn't hurt). Got me through a tough time last winter - everything climate-wise was all messed up, but at least they kept the light cycle :)

D

dan.23

Quick tip: if you don't have power for your light cycle, carefully place candles in your room - as long as there's any light, the girls will treat it as light, not dark (plus the bonus CO2 doesn't hurt). Got me through a tough time last winter - everything climate-wise was all messed up, but at least they kept the light cycle :)

Damn good idea bro, I will deft keep that in mind invade some crazy shit happen and I'm down a generator. I'm gonna pass that info along to some of those not fortunate enough to have one either.peace.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Flashlights are another option, I keep a couple big ones on a charger. Main concern for those of us in the north is temperature, hence the generator to run space heaters. I guess propane could work if you ventilate, but a sealed room full of carbon monoxide wouldn't be so great. FYI, that's a danger with candles too, although you should feel CO2 effects long before the CO is a problem. Be careful regardless, eh?

S

sk2004

Someone told me that its ok to interrupt day cycle but not night cycle. Was having discussion because was changing light times from running in day to nite. Think just turned on lights for about an hr, then 11hrs of dark n then back to twelve and twelve. Nothing bad happened, but did i do this wrong?

N

Ne Obliviscaris

Its the DARK portion of the cycle you dont want to interrupt. Interrupting the light portion isnt an issue in terms of herming. A few hours of dark during the regular lights on shoudn't have an effect.

Top Bottom