PPM & EC Practitioners... Explain Your Procedure

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

About 5 months ago I became aware of ppm tds ec... and began to incorporate usage in my 1st grow
In the interim I've read numerous articles... the best simple example I've seen is:

link

I have many questions concerning it... just a few for now... what is you ideal ppm / ec for flower time...
and those that can take the time explain your process... thanks

Bilber

Bilber

Hey Snap.....I'm just learning the benefits of knowing the ec ppm ph .......hope these help....sorry for the 💣.....

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Bilb.. thanks for sharing your links... once your read thru them you'll quickly learn that the pH thing is a no brainier... that EC=PPM just different scales (like C&F for temps ) only providing information about the amount of dissolved solids..

The info I'm looking for can only be provided by guys who've been using this approach of monitoring fertilizers for a while... now whether their willing to share that hard fought info is another questions...

Right now I staying 500-600 ppm..( theirs a reason for this) and experimenting with cutting out the watering cycle and setting the right amount for continuous feed (dry outs included) .. mind you I'm working with soil type medium...

If you get a chance watch the video on min 2.46 he says not to exceed 2000 ppm... well that's news to me... usually around 900 is the limit... I'm wondering where he's coming from...

figolus

figolus

2000 ppm = 3.12 ec... That's a lot, right?
After the EC evolves according to the plant. For my fertilizer maker in soil , Say 896ppm max during flowering.
900ppm its good👍

It also depends on the fertilizer manufacturers. They all have their data to use their products well

What IS medium soil?
Asking, in France WE talk with light mix and allmix .
Ok WE have a royal mix and batmix spécial flowering.

I grow with this data for ph and ec
Post 753164 0 88138600 1402422430

Last edited:
figolus

figolus

My water is 0.4 ec, I adjust my fertilizers afterwards to be in the data

figolus

figolus

If it helps, I take the ec from the excess water of the couple and I measure with a pen.

The ec decreases: -the concentration of dissolved elements is decreasing -This means that the plant consumes more nutrients than water -we need to increase the value of the EC [increase the concentration of fertilizers]

The ec is stable: -the concentration of dissolved elements is stable -Plants consume as much water as nutrients -

That's the goal EC increases -the concentration of dissolved elements increases and can lead to the formation of salts -Plants consume much more water than nutrients -it is absolutely necessary to reduce the EC [dilute the concentration with water]

We hope it will be useful to you in your research or reflections

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Yes... Fig... that is my understanding... so.. my question for you is... do you push to keep the run out (drain) to 900ppm (during flower) ? and if so... how close have you come to fertilizer toxicity..? and what is the lowest ppm your experienced and the actions you take to correct them.. thanks.

figolus

figolus

Personally, during the flow period, I stop nitrogen Which lowers the ppm.

And i had enzyme.

I don't use the same fertilizer as you So I don't know if my data will be good. I have 2 différent pk boost and one k-boost

I try to keep the ppm between 750 and 800 To avoid excesses

And every time I check my ec in the drain.

When I am too low in my ppm, I add water with ec 0.4. or adjust little my fertilizer in watering

I know that in the potting soil there is also a ph and an ec.... I think we have to take that into account. But not sure. This IS my soil , using light mix
Screenshot 2024 04 17 16 55 05 606 comduckduckgomobileandroid
Screenshot 2024 04 17 16 55 24 992 comduckduckgomobileandroid
Screenshot 2024 04 17 16 55 38 101 comduckduckgomobileandroid

Last edited:
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

figolus... your replies and information is appreciated

"I don't use the same fertilizer as you So I don't know if my data will be good."

Yes.. I'm sure... but the general guideline for ppm is relatively the same across the board... (i think)

"I try to keep the ppm between 750 and 800 To avoid excesses"

My current range is 500-650

"And every time I check my ec in the drain".

As I.. PPM and pH

"When I am too low in my ppm, I add water with ec 0.4. or adjust little my fertilizer in watering"

Can you clarify the above... are you adding fertilizer every time (when dry)...Or every other time.. ferts then some times water with a bit of fertilizer...
Thanks...

Top Bottom