ppms way too high plants are dying

• Thread starter bmxbillsd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bmxbillsd

hello. i am growing indoor for many years. a year ago i moved to a new place and everytime i start with new plants. im using the cutting edge now but have tried gh and house n garden but i mix up at 200 ppms. i then 3 days later squeeze some water out of the cubes and it comes back out at 1300 or more. what could be the cause of this? i haven't pulled up the floor/carpet but i don't see any mold growing what could be the cause of my plants ppm getting so high? im dying here nothing will grow please help. thank you

B

bmxbillsd

yes i am in rockwool cubes. i have always used them and never had a problem with this in about 8 years of growing. yes i have flushed(actually there flushing now with florakleen) and after i flush the ppm goes down. but then i water again and in 3 days it's right back up above 100 sometimes even 1500. could this be caused by a mold or fungus that i can't see? or asbestos? btw my two neighbors both have grows and there's do fine. and my meter is calibrated and working i checked it and took it to the store to have them check it

B

bmxbillsd

this crap has been going on the whole time i have been here. different nutrient lines n all it just keeps going up. i had a tent years ago that the plastic produced some kind of gas which made the ppms go up and the plants die. googled it and the tent had given many people death and they recalled them. but what could be the cause at this place where's the ppms coming from is there a place where i can take the water to be tested to see what's in it and killing the plants? if i could find out what's in the water maybe i could find where it's coming from :(

Natural

Natural

ya that's madness...have you simply metered the water itself? I use RO strictly and I'm in soil..bit of a control freak on issues. Might wanna invest in some RW type caps if interested..like these http://www.hydroponics.net/c/544

Natural

Natural

also what's going on in your rez..or are you feeding DTW? Logically higher PPM's means they are drinking more water and leaving the salts. In which case just need to do a rez change to accommodate for what they want...but you say the cubes are rising in PPMs with really low rez mix...just doesn't make much sense. Hope more chime in!

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

salts will build up in the medium if you don't flush with water in between feeding......hope this helps, take it easy

B

bmxbillsd

yes i use ro water it comes out at 40 ppm. add half mil per gal of 3 part cutting edge. great white microrihsa, bat guano, roots accel and the ppm is at 220 mixed up. drain to waist. i also cover my rockwool/blocks with panda plastic so no mold/fungus on the cube. im putting them on a res now to see if watering every day will not let them eat only the water making the ppm to high. but i have been doing drain to waste and after a few days i squeeze some water out of the cubes to check it and there high ppm. hopefully putting them on an every day watering schedule wont let the ppm build up in the cube. man this is weird. it's almost like there's a gas or mold or some kind of thing in the air or something making them go up. i have never experienced this before. and been doing this quite a few years always with great results. heck mulitple times i have pulled 8 and 9 lbs from a 4 1000 w room and now i barely get 4. this is insane. i do appreciate your help natural. and ohio farmer :) let's hope the res setup works better

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
are you ph'ing your water? is it real low when you are checking your ppm run off? is it the same? soemtimes guanos can register higher on ppm meters than we are used to seeing. have you always been using the guano?

B

bmxbillsd

when i ran the drain to waist yesterday the ph was 6.0 and today checking the cubes it was 6.7. i have used guano on and off. i wasn't using it with the gh and house n garden nut lines but i am now with the cutting edge line. have tried all 3 lines in this house and all same problem with the ppm rising. i was having ph fluctuation problems before with it dropping. but that seems not to happen anymore since i got rid of the tent

Top Bottom