Praying leaves under led’s

• Thread starter Aperkins1972
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

I’m growing in coco and perlite under LED’s that I’ve turned up to 100%. They are exactly the distance from the top of the canopy to the lights according to what the manufacture states. The par is reading any where from 900 - 1000 at the top of the canopy I’m starting week 4 tomorrow. The temp is 83 & humidity is 75%. Co2 is at 1500ppm. No deficiencies showing, but the leaves are praying. I’ve read the light intensity is to high or the girls are just happy. The strain is Dirty Little Secret. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you!
E2839EE7-055E-468B-ACAB-B3F60B3180B7.jpeg

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I think they are rockin' 🤟🤟.....lovin it
Sometimes the bad fungus Fusarium makes cannabis plants pray very exaggeratedly....but also kills plants in hours and i dont think its your case....when its fusarium they stay perky also at night....very bad sign if this happen....

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I’m growing in coco and perlite under LED’s that I’ve turned up to 100%. They are exactly the distance from the top of the canopy to the lights according to what the manufacture states. The par is reading any where from 900 - 1000 at the top of the canopy I’m starting week 4 tomorrow. The temp is 83 & humidity is 75%. Co2 is at 1500ppm. No deficiencies showing, but the leaves are praying. I’ve read the light intensity is to high or the girls are just happy. The strain is Dirty Little Secret. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you!View attachment 1273228
Your quoting the 9-1000 from manufacturer or you have measured this with a gauge?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What are your leaf temps?

I think you need to drop the humidity closer to 60% if you can.

If going by VPD you must take leaf temps into account

That amount of “praying” is a bit more than id like to see but i think if you adjust the VPD a bit you will be able to run that 1000+ ppfd but for now id drop to about 800 until you dial in the environment a bit more.

Most aren’t even able to run the numbers you already are so your not far off at all. The water forces in the plant are what’s causing this so its just a matter of dialing in a bit more and i think you can pish these to the limits.

Very impressed none the less

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

What are your leaf temps?

I think you need to drop the humidity closer to 60% if you can.

If going by VPD you must take leaf temps into account

That amount of “praying” is a bit more than id like to see but i think if you adjust the VPD a bit you will be able to run that 1000+ ppfd but for now id drop to about 800 until you dial in the environment a bit more.

Most aren’t even able to run the numbers you already are so your not far off at all. The water forces in the plant are what’s causing this so its just a matter of dialing in a bit more and i think you can pish these to the limits.

Very impressed none the less
My leaf temps for the DLS is 80 degrees. My other girls that are Nitro Cookies and Whooody’s are 76 degrees (by the AC with no praying).

I’ll drop the humidity to 60% and the par to 800.

TY @Aqua Man for all your help!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My leaf temps for the DLS is 80 degrees. My other girls that are Nitro Cookies and Whooody’s are 76 degrees (by the AC with no praying).

I’ll drop the humidity to 60% and the par to 800.

TY @Aqua Man for all your help!
Yeah 80f is getting up there for a leaf temp. Trying increasing the wind in that are and the lower humidity will increase transpiration rates… then i bet you see you can pish the light back up.

Ideal leaf temp is 75-77f so that would explain nitro cookies handling it no problem after you get it dialed in jump to 900-1000 again and give a few days to see the results. The it’s possible you may even push past 1000ppfd. Genetics can also play a role but i think you can do it

Madmax

Madmax

Is there vpd for stages through flower aqua..

Its good you said take an average of room with ir gun as im getting all sorts of readings lol.cause if your using an extraction fan your readings will b all over the place more than a non vented room.for eg. if you take it before extraction fan comes on it would b say 25 something and after fan has turned off be 22 23 something..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is there vpd for stages through flower aqua..

Its good you said take an average of room with ir gun as im getting all sorts of readings lol.cause if your using an extraction fan your readings will b all over the place more than a non vented room.for eg. if you take it before extraction fan comes on it would b say 25 something and after fan has turned off be 22 23 something..
Wind plas a big role in forced evaporation which cools the plants. Look at airflow

Seedling/clone 0.4-0.8
Veg 0.8-1.1
Early flower 1-1.4
Late flower 1.3-1.5

Top Bottom