Praying leaves under led’s

• Thread starter Aperkins1972
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man I made some notes that others might be able to use for flower VPD. I entered all the numbers into the app you told me about. This will simplify it for everyone.
Awesome sauce 👍👍👍 you can clearly see the effects on rising leaf temp as humidity goes up and transpiration rates go down. The leaf temps rise.

This is due to the reduction of evaporative cooling effects associated with transpiration rates.

Fans/wind also have this effect through forced evaporation. So if you find you have uneven leaf temps it’s likely do to the air circulation. The plants with the most air flow will have a cooler temp.

This is why measuring leaf temps are sooo much more important than air temps and why i say air temps really mean next to nothing in the grand scheme of things

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man You should come to our cultivation site when it’s up and running. It should be open the first quarter in 2023. 😊
Let me know when your close… never know it may be a possibility. Thats awesome that your starting up your own cultivation facility. How many sq ft. are you blessed with?

Aperkins1972

Aperkins1972

Let me know when your close… never know it may be a possibility. Thats awesome that your starting up your own cultivation facility. How many sq ft. are you blessed with
Let me know when your close… never know it may be a possibility. Thats awesome that your starting up your own cultivation facility. How many sq ft. are you blessed with?
Sounds good. Our site is 9k sqft and we are allowed to have a 5k sqft canopy. We will have 5 grow rooms.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sounds good. Our site is 9k sqft and we are allowed to have a 5k sqft canopy. We will have 5 grow rooms.
very nice…. Very pumped for you, i bet things are crazy busy an exciting for you now. i know you wont need it but wishing you luck on a very successful start.

Observationist

Observationist

What are your leaf temps?

I think you need to drop the humidity closer to 60% if you can.

If going by VPD you must take leaf temps into account

That amount of “praying” is a bit more than id like to see but i think if you adjust the VPD a bit you will be able to run that 1000+ ppfd but for now id drop to about 800 until you dial in the environment a bit more.

Most aren’t even able to run the numbers you already are so your not far off at all. The water forces in the plant are what’s causing this so its just a matter of dialing in a bit more and i think you can pish these to the limits.

Very impressed none the less
Ok thanks for clarifying the praying a little, I was under the impression that when they are doing that, they are reaching for the light/healthy as fuck/besides turgor
and you can increase PPFD some. (?)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok thanks for clarifying the praying a little, I was under the impression that when they are doing that, they are reaching for the light/healthy as fuck/besides turgor
and you can increase PPFD some. (?)
More the opposite. it can be a sign of light stress. You can adjust the humidity to a point after that you need to reduce light but usually you see other signs of light stress that follow if its to high. I like to see a slight V to the leaves on the top 3 or so nodes to ensure im pushing them to the max

Observationist

Observationist

More the opposite. it can be a sign of light stress. You can adjust the humidity to a point after that you need to reduce light but usually you see other signs of light stress that follow if its to high. I like to see a slight V to the leaves on the top 3 or so nodes to ensure im pushing them to the max
Thank you aqua

Latest posts

Top Bottom