shivavaranessi

looks good redeye :)
nice green vegetation
and the budds are coming along
nice one:character0050:
shiva

J

joebean91

Nice grow redeye , looks healthy for sure . I wouldn't worry to much about that variegated leaf . Nothing you can do about that .
I just got some cuts of master kush and am gonna follow this grow for sure .

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Very nice setup.
And you plants look super healthy.
I'll pull up a pillow for this one.

mace

mace

Very cool, can i suggest getting ride of the cloning heater? Most likely is your issue with your babies not taking root.

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

nice grow red eye and i like your setup....got my chair pulled up for this one....

cheers
BR

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
like everyone said bro, clean setup and quality growing.. What would you yield if you could stick a aircooled 400 sodium in there?

M

MatthewRiot

I'm impressed you're getting these awesome results with T-5's. Can you do me a favor and give a real detailed explanation on your bubbler cloner? I've had issues forever cloning... What's the water temp that works best? How many psi's is the air pump you're using? How far should the very bottoms of the bare cutting tip be from the water line? Air temperature? Did you use a humidity dome in the end? How many times a day did you mist? What nutrients (if any) do you put in the water of the bubbler? Sorry for the rapidfire questions, but I would love to know all of the settings that made this successful - was it? what was the percentage of rooted clones?

S

sativablast

good going man yu got tha skill.
How many watts all up do they get its prolly same as 400hps or not??

R

red_eye

I'm not so sure about the T5/CF --> HPS equivalent numbers. But I have 1 - 2 foot 4 bulb NewWave - with 3 red spectrum 45 watt and 1 blue spectrum 45 watt. And to the left I have two 50 watt CF bulbs, 1 red and one blue. I tried this setup with a 400 HPS GroLux cool tube, but the temps were way too high for the space. The T5's can be very close to the tops of the plants because they put off such little heat. And they put off adequate light!!

As for the cloner, i just used an aquarium pump that splits leading to two air stones that fit perfectly in the base of a completely black water tight box. You must use black tubing so that there is no light, which leads to algae growth.

The box I got was from Office Depot. "The Really Useful Box" is what it's called... I drilled a hole for the tubing at the very top that leads to the pump, so the lid shuts tight. I will post some pics of the newly improved setup in a bit.

Thanks for all the great comments!!!!

Sharing of experiences in this forum is awesome!

red_eye

:joint:

R

red_eye

Here are the close ups of the cloner. I have my stems submerged in the water. This method works for me. If anyone has any suggestions to improve my method, please let me know. I have a 75% success rate, but I wish it could be better...

IMG 0111
IMG 0112
IMG 0113
M

MatthewRiot

what are you using instead of the neoprene pucks to secure the clones without them falling over or into the water? I'm not familiar with that material.. Thanks for answering those questions, this is super helpful. I've heard of people leaving the steam tips about 3/4 an inch out of the water so water bubbles just kinda burst on the tops and when the roots emerge let them grow INTO the water.. I've never done it so i can';t comment on its success rate personally. Awesome setup tho. Ever think about building growboxes to sell? Good money in it anf yours look pretty professional!

R

red_eye

I used a closed cell foam that does not absorb H2O. I found one of those kneeling pads for gardening, at Wal-Mart. Cut it slightly bigger than the hole in the top. I used an adjustable hole saw.

M

manwithaplan

Red_Eye, I love the clean setup. I have been researching a similar setup. I did find that these T5's are the ones I was going to get at HTG-Supply here. I was looking at the 24" x 24" 8 bulb T5's. They put out 16,000 lumens. You should give'm a look.

Great grow, and a good example of great scrog.
:evilgrin0040:

R

red_eye

I looked at the clones this morning and there was a cloudy "slime" at the ends of each cutting. Has anyone had this issue?

IMG 0100
IMG 0101
T

TokenZen

When was the last time you changed the water out? I like your grow it's nice to see what others can do with some T-5's I'm running the same light and am going to upgrade to the 8 bulb unit soon hopefully it doesn't put out much or heat than the 4bulb.

Top Bottom