Pre 98 Bubba (pre 98 Bubba X Pre 98 Bubba)

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stonestacker

stonestacker

@sixstring s pre98
IMG 20170630 090543
IMG 20170630 091008

Looks like someone still hand trimming.
My smell and taste are burnt out from to many years of smoking and spicy foods. Smell seems on point with a earthy coffee funk.
Smoke report to follow.:smoking::fire:

stonestacker

stonestacker

Smoked a vape bag instead of the joint to try and get a good taste of the weed. To no avail still tastes like weed smoke to me sorry. I can say this very smooth not harsh at all. We did the bag I look @ my wife And said fuck I'm high. To high to write
this lets go for a walk. We went for a 1 mile walk. Then I went into the garden and did a shit load of work I've been putting off. Apparently that shit got me motivated to get off my ass. The high lasted a good 2- 1/2 Hours and still slightly bused.

lino

lino

If it can't keep up, I don't keep it in the rotation. I don't have time to "coddle" plants. I don't do it to my son, damn sure not a plant.
I hear what your saying... Hear in colo if your store is selling bubba across the street, You're not going to shut down Livewell, native roots, with just bubba. But seems like everyone will take the Bubba when they find out its the real deal.
Bubba fights bugs and PM pretty good here in colo. I think bubba would be consider a older strain by now days standards, not to inbred as far as I can tell thus far, imo. The Katsu Cut is not appearing to be quit as Pathogen resistant all tho it appears to grow a little faster..

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Buddy gave me a fem pack of pre 98 bubba (pre 98 bubba x pre 98 bubba). Only has 3 beans it it. Into a shot glass a few hrs ago.

I'll post things as they happen weekly. More so as things start to progress.

View attachment 714466
CaveCrew has an original Bubba Cut and I have connections to the orginal Katsu cut which was mine to begin with... So the original Bubbas are still around.
@Psychonaut47 posted a pick of the original bubba earlier, Ive have vetted that plant.
drifted or no?

epitome

epitome

drifted or no?
I've been helping revitalize a host with lazy plant syndrome...I would say yes, some drift, it's going to take me forever to reveg my mom and then clone off it...well worth it tho.
My favorite cut of Bubba is much more coffee and less og then this pre-98 and not as vibrant orange red hair either but my fave cut is a bit more vigorous and bulky on flower and more on the indica side...this pre-98 has me a nice cerebral buzz to in which my fave Bubba cut has a much lower ceiling about as the couch and then it's night night for the lightweights...lol memories

stonestacker

stonestacker

Well one thing for sure,your joints come out prettier than mine lmao @stonestacker
Well you have to remember I have a few years on you, and I learned how to roll way before the invention of grinders.
The first joint I tried to roll was in the dark with whet straw papers and when I light it poof up in flames, Burnt all my eye lashes off lol. Took my parents at least a week to notice ha ha good times. But I did get laid that night.:smoking::fire:
I'v saved that pre98 of yours to smoke with friend they all like it and ask if I have it. If the original only puts out 1 per 1k I can't afford to keep it around ether no mater how great it tastes. No body will pay enough to make it worth keeping around.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Not digging these beans so far. 5 days in a shot glass only 1 had a 1/8" root sprout. Nothing on other 2. Figured I'd just put them in ocean forest (20%) and light warrior (80%), and see if they take off. 6 days later, absolutely nothing. I've never had a seen not germinate, let alone 3. I feel like I just started popping seeds 5 yrs ago. Even back then i never lost a seed.

I'll try.and fish the seeds back out, and put them in a paper towel in a zip lock and see if that helps

incogneato

incogneato

Not digging these beans so far. 5 days in a shot glass only 1 had a 1/8" root sprout. Nothing on other 2. Figured I'd just put them in ocean forest (20%) and light warrior (80%), and see if they take off. 6 days later, absolutely nothing. I've never had a seen not germinate, let alone 3. I feel like I just started popping seeds 5 yrs ago. Even back then i never lost a seed.

I'll try.and fish the seeds back out, and put them in a paper towel in a zip lock and see if that helps
Do you use a little h2o2 in the water? It seemed to help me. Sucks to hear, hope they're just slow starters.

lino

lino

Quick note, Fat leaf breeding Project thread explain this embryo function in a full lecture and I gave charts and cannabis breeding example that highlights feminized hermaprodite gay genes and the breeding there of.
We can genetically modify organism GMO by adding man made chemical to the sex organs. We can GMO to eliminate the Y chromosomes . When we feminize cannabis by using man made chemicals, GMO cannabis this way, it becomes a toxic breeding bomb , Herm Rec, and I have lectured this GMO for consumption over the years, yikes, I give notice to lots of feminizing in humans as of late, media propaganda PC brainwash is most of it, but our food and smoke is GMO'd in bad ways, killing nutrition and wacking human hormones. In nature pollen from all the males plants hit all or most of the plants.
In summary: Feminized seeds will knock off the Y chromes and the male TRAITS/genes. All the males hit the plants with pollen in nature and on the rare occasions in nature when only Herm does the breeding , ol mother nature will straighten that shit out rite away.
Bull
Look at herd of cattle. Whos the Bad Azz, not the Females, its the Bull, bigger, meaner and more VIGOR ! Males are bigger tougher, in many cases can carry genes, a tutorial I gave yrs ago, Sex Linked Breeding, but genes like drought tolerance gene and many other genes of vigor and overall toughness are found on the Y chromosome .
Germination
Seedsdrop approx 50% of the vigor every year. For survival , and Im not going in hormones and tech shit but the seed will go into what is called a Dormant stat eventually. It does this for survival reason. When shit is bred wrong organism will abort the embryos inert, (dead) also. Bred wrong and we can eliminate the Bull Bad Azz genes,
there are different protocols for the many types of seed Stratification, and rather than tech out on that shit, THE BEST results I've had is what my father showed me in the mid 70s. Let the snow germinate the seed in dirt. One year I look bags full of seed that would not germinate and threw them in planting beds of dirt before spring snow storm. I also threw lots of seed directly onto the snows . I had a cpl plants poppen up in the back yard every spring for almost a decade. cpl Farmers have found plants in my back yard, @MandyJane , I didnt even know they were growing, even upto a cpl years ago so I guess they can germ upto 15 years later. so when we are throwing are seeds in water, God whoops on me on Germ techniques every time. i recently gave 1970 and 80 seed to Farmers that didnt germ in my grow rooms. So I only hope someone has luck with the Germ of those ol gems.

Last edited:
Funk junky

Funk junky

Quick note, Fat leaf breeding Project thread explain this embryo function in a full lecture and I gave charts and cannabis breeding example that highlights feminized hermaprodite gay genes and the breeding there of.
We can genetically modify organism GMO by adding man made chemical to the sex organs. We can GMO to eliminate the Y chromosomes . When we feminize cannabis by using man made chemicals, GMO cannabis this way, it becomes a toxic breeding bomb , Herm Rec, and I have lectured this GMO for consumption over the years, yikes, I give notice to lots of feminizing in humans as of late, media propaganda PC brainwash is most of it, but our food and smoke is GMO'd in bad ways, killing nutrition and wacking human hormones. In nature pollen from all the males plants hit all or most of the plants.
In summary: Feminized seeds will knock off the Y chromes and the male TRAITS/genes. All the males hit the plants with pollen in nature and on the rare occasions in nature when only Herm does the breeding , ol mother nature will straighten that shit out rite away.
Bull
Look at herd of cattle. Whos the Bad Azz, not the Females, its the Bull, bigger, meaner and more VIGOR ! Males are bigger tougher, in many cases can carry genes, a tutorial I gave yrs ago, Sex Linked Breeding, but genes like drought tolerance gene and many other genes of vigor and overall toughness are found on the Y chromosome .
Germination
Seedsdrop approx 50% of the vigor every year. For survival , and Im not going in hormones and tech shit but the seed will go into what is called a Dormant stat eventually. It does this for survival reason. When shit is bred wrong organism will abort the embryos inert, (dead) also. Bred wrong and we can eliminate the Bull Bad Azz genes,
there are different protocols for the many types of seed Stratification, and rather than tech out on that shit, THE BEST results I've had is what my father showed me in the mid 70s. Let the snow germinate the seed in dirt. One year I look bags full of seed that would not germinate and threw them in planting beds of dirt before spring snow storm. I also threw lots of seed directly onto the snows . I had a cpl plants poppen up in the back yard every spring for almost a decade. cpl Farmers have found plants in my back yard, @MandyJane , I didnt even know they were growing, even upto a cpl years ago so I guess they can germ upto 15 years later. so when we are throwing are seeds in water, God whoops on me on Germ techniques every time. i recently gave 1970 and 80 seed to Farmers that didnt germ in my grow rooms. So I only hope someone has luck with the Germ of those ol gems.
I totally agree with all this. I think femanised seed have a use and have had to use them quite a few times. but the day it becomes the norm to use them before regs will be sad sad day!! I think of them as like instant coffee or microvave meals. and cannabis is outcrossing it dosent like small populations femanised must not become the norm if you want quality cannabis and variety. there very like us plants and you need to keep gene pools varied. but theres many times people will find it hard to be able to grow so I believe there is a place for them, everyone should be able have that experience and they got me out of bother a few times. but I'm trying to stick with regs from now on. will try space heaters this winter otherwise I gotta do autos for temp reasons like last year. determined this year to sort my temp probs out might put electric blanket under tent

whitebob

whitebob

I totally agree with all this. I think femanised seed have a use and have had to use them quite a few times. but the day it becomes the norm to use them before regs will be sad sad day!! I think of them as like instant coffee or microvave meals. and cannabis is outcrossing it dosent like small populations femanised must not become the norm if you want quality cannabis and variety. there very like us plants and you need to keep gene pools varied. but theres many times people will find it hard to be able to grow so I believe there is a place for them, everyone should be able have that experience and they got me out of bother a few times. but I'm trying to stick with regs from now on. will try space heaters this winter otherwise I gotta do autos for temp reasons like last year. determined this year to sort my temp probs out might put electric blanket under tent
palma-electric-grow-room-heaters.html not sure what size space you have but I'm getting one of these before winter sets in.:cool:

lino

lino

Not my breeding stock, but my cup winners were created from manipulations of the hermy gene. w/o the knowledge Ive shared on Hermys, pollen slingers are just gonna be creating recessive ticking hermy bombs. I noticed you watched me lecture heterzygotes to find the Tall Dom JillyBean.Subcool plants for seed stock genetic designation of (T). I thought you watched me created GMO Fem Seeds to produce Hermy Rec Genetic Designation of (hh), but for geneticist reading this, I was simplifying (hrhr) or (hrhrhrhr) which ever you're using down to (Hh) for a conceptual lecture. On my thread I'm going to put a video tutorial from a badd Ass geneticist that I follow. He smiling big because this is the tie it all together tutorial. I will tie the punnet charts we made to pedigree charts to give full control over our cannabis plants. I get all giddy when I give this lecture also, But I lecture the video using specific cannabis strains and we work with actual genotype of cannabis strain we've all might have grown. (real world examples using real cannabis as you've noticed).

95% of all the plants Ive grown have been reg seeds. Or I should say I thought they were.

Salvation Army, buy a Hot Water Bed heater, they have nice thermostats and they last thru moist conditions and you can turn em up so hot they'll keep a covered plant alive thru a Colo winter.

Top Bottom