Pre -98 Bubba

• Thread starter Ned Kelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

every website i check out seems to have a different origin for pre 98 bubba . Anyone know the truth . Here are 3 ive come up with .

Special Note: Pre-98 Bubba is actually Chemdog 91′ x Mendicino Male and Back Crossed 3 times to get an Indica phenotyoe with a Chemdog Kick (West Coast Dog) – Which was then later crossed to the original OG and made Pre-98 Bubba.
-Reason why it has the name Pre-98 attached: Greenhouse seeds have stolen the name Bubba and Tradmarked/Registered it (and then later even stole Chemdog’s name and Trademarked it for an OG x SD cross.) but they make a Bubblegum x Hindu Kush, and the difference is all the world. if your Bubba doesn’t smell like Chocolate Coffee dipped in Hash Oil and hit ya like a Chem strain should – it’s not Pre-98 and is the rip off.

pre 98 bubba= Snowdog x bubblegum ? is this true

its apparently northern lights x kush?

Will the parents of the real pre 98 bubba please stand up .

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Nobody knows lol I think the 93 Bubba was the first and the others came from her in some way shape or form:)
And there ain't no way bubblegum made bubba haha
I agree with you , but bog's Sour Bubble has a distinctive "bubba" taste in the profile and according to the breeder is only bubblegum bx 3x. I think there is the possibility of a link even if it's far fetched.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Hi Ned, big fan. Just wanted to chime in. I'm in no way defending greenhouse, but I remember reading an interview with Brett from Apothecary and he said he sold the names and all his stock of chem and bubba to greenhouse... Bad move for everyone no doubt , except Fabio of course, everything is a good move for him and his hair

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Hi Ned, big fan. Just wanted to chime in. I'm in no way defending greenhouse, but I remember reading an interview with Brett from Apothecary and he said he sold the names and all his stock of chem and bubba to greenhouse... Bad move for everyone no doubt , except Fabio of course, everything is a good move for him and his hair

Glad you did :)

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Thanks brother, surprised at not much input on this ... I guess because it's pretty early still in most of the U.S. . I wanna know these lineage details too!

H

happy b

Well theres that dude on utube with the daft hat that claimed it was him that bred it and they called it bubba coz they all called each other bubba and something hermed (a kush i think)and pollinated the bubba giving bubba kush.no odea what the bubba was.i had heard the guy talks piss anyway.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I agree with you , but bog's Sour Bubble has a distinctive "bubba" taste in the profile and according to the breeder is only bubblegum bx 3x. I think there is the possibility of a link even if it's far fetched.
I've had both these strains in my grow for almost ten years and there is just no way.
Bg is bought so people can let there friends smell the jar lol :) really the only thing they kind of have in common is they both will stay pretty short. The highs smells taste bud structure have nothing in common at all imo.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Yeah, I don't believe that line about bubba being bubblegum related...
Who's got the info out there?
I had a big bubba kush in a couple of my first grows, didn't know or care much about lineage then, just hyped to get clones on the east coast ... Anyone know what's in the big bubba kush??

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Yeeeeeooooooaaaaaahhhhhh!!
Bump this motherfucker!!
Just looking thru my beans and I got a dynasty genetics cross with the pre98 bubba.... Who's got some info?

john martin

john martin

I think Kabers/Kapers is pre-93 Bubba. It is supposed to be Hindu X Thai. Real chocolaty kush, real similar taste to the pre-98 Bubbas and OGs I have smoked.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Yeeeeeooooooaaaaaahhhhhh!!
Bump this motherfucker!!
Just looking thru my beans and I got a dynasty genetics cross with the pre98 bubba.... Who's got some info?
i grew the cck from dynasty pre98 x miss universe and it was a nice smoke for sure. theres a log of it out there from me if you just google my username and dynasty cck

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

@urban1026835 cool man, I will certainly do that, thanks brothah. That's the cross I got too

Wisher619

Wisher619

I know this thread is a little old but......the guy "Bubba" from florida had gone to Mardi Gras and met up with a friend that went to school up in Humbolt....they gave him some seeds and told him it was NL#5....he went back and grew the plant which was super stocky with fat leaves....he called it bubba....then one of the Kush plants "Kripy" he was growing hermed and pollinated the bubba......he grew those seeds out and called it Bubba Kush....the end

Wisher619

Wisher619

If anyone is interested in re-creating Bubba Kush....get a Og Kush Clone and spray with C Silver and herm it.....then use the pollen on a NL#5 female....get those beans and hunt for the pheno....that matches Bubba the most....Pre-98 is kinda just saying an unmolested bullshit non bubblegum whatever crap....basically a true Bubba Kush.....no Thai x blah blah blah
Just my Opinion...from my knowledge

tipz

tipz

Pre-98, simply means prior to 1998 in its creation. Other strains have this designation as well Aloha White Widow pre98, Ssh

It could be true...but I would be carefull not speculate that it resulted from a herm unless I knew for sure, as this would imply
The strain and any resulting combinations would carry intersex traits, which would scare the shit out of me. I was around cworld when this one came around, but being a indica I wasn't interested.
OGK, I believe is one parent. Never grew it,didn't research it. Just read about it. Sorry no help here

Top Bottom