Pre Filter Keeping Intake Air Clean

• Thread starter Lbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

Yea temp is an issue I'm gonna add higher CFM system this weekend. Will see you guys around for the updates.

Was it an issue b4 u put the filter on the intake or are u saying that by adding the filter its creating issues?

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Yea it's a previous issue I purchased an additional filter and intake line. Will be installing this weekend. I'm going to mount a filter to the ceiling to exaust hot air and we'll add an additional intake line. The grow needs the air I can tell.

G gnome

G gnome

I've never mounted a filter and have no choice but to. So will be a learning expirence for me.
Lol dude dont overthink it. Its the simplest thing ever. Use j hooks into the ceiling joists and get some chain to go around the filter, attach the fan w self tapping screws and a lil rigid ducting and bam

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Lol dude dont overthink it. Its the simplest thing ever. Use j hooks into the ceiling joists and get some chain to go around the filter, attach the fan w self tapping screws and a lil rigid ducting and bam

Got it!

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I'm going filter, fan, duct silencer, semi rigid so probably do the same with the chains and hooks around that silencer than boom. Done

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Air filters cause restrictions to properly filter the air.

If you need more airflow while filtering. you increase The filter surface area .

So for example you keep the furnace filter whole. And attach it to a cardboard box. Then using flanges duct the box to your tent.
Downloadfile 2

This will allow larger amounts of filtered air to flow.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

So basically use the entrance to the lung room as my surface area for filtration. Genius

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I'm drawing from a closet it's a wide open door with a couple bits of ducting hanging into it. So I do have a large area to work with.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

As far as the filtering is concerned you guys obviously believe in doing something. Do you notice any major changes when filtering your intake air? I got some PM and I don't want to loose and bud to like rot. My temps are pretty high. I think that rot may become a problem as these next couple weeks progress.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
As far as the filtering is concerned you guys obviously believe in doing something. Do you notice any major changes when filtering your intake air? I got some PM and I don't want to loose and bud to like rot. My temps are pretty high. I think that rot may become a problem as these next couple weeks progress.

I believe if you can engineer the air filtering to work for you. To utilize it.

It prevents stray airborne pollen from fertilizing your indoor crop.

It keeps pests from entering the space.

Keeps spores out.

And keeps all the dirt, dust and crap from sticking to the trichomes of your beautiful buds.

Just imagine how dust settles in the home. And how the high airflow through your space over a few months constantly draws that dirty air over your plants.

I believe that in some small way it affects the end quality.

Dan789

Dan789

On the temp problem, (indoors) that's why I like more of a fall grow, then I'm just monitoring the temps at night so they're not too low and that if/when it rains I watch the RH.
If I understood you that you do have PM currently, filtering the intake air won't affect that situation at all. The spores are pretty small which most styles of air filtration other than Hepa might pass anyways. I'd deal with eradicating the PM, get the temps down and check and affect the RH, that's the real culprit in the PM cycle. While maintaining a satisfactory amount of air exchange also. imho

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I believe if you can engineer the air filtering to work for you. To utilize it.

It prevents stray airborne pollen from fertilizing your indoor crop.

It keeps pests from entering the space.

Keeps spores out.

And keeps all the dirt, dust and crap from sticking to the trichomes of your beautiful buds.

Just imagine how dust settles in the home. And how the high airflow through your space over a few months constantly draws that dirty air over your plants.

I believe that in some small way it affects the end quality.

Ok so I'm going to probably need to take a short cut in that I will be pulling quite a bit of air through this thing and cannot afford to have it restricted...

Just measured the closet and at the top I've got a space measuring 2 by 3 feet. Being that this closet is used partially for storage and I need access in and out....

my plan is to get some kind of material to connect to the upper area. Will allow the free bits of ducting to draw air from a semi sealed area *sealed not sure how much a non restrictive type of material will filter.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Maybe even just get some one by two and I can create a lip on the top bit. And fit it with a couple furnace filters. Rather than go directly onto the ducting.

I'm a middle of the road kinda guy :)

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

@rmoltis thanks for the increased surface area suggestion. Good looking out

Top Bottom