Prebuilt Cob Kit Suggestions/question.

• Thread starter Faxanadu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Growmau5 was explaining light penetration the other day and used this analysis.more source points equals more light angles which equals more light getting farther into the canopy.so 6 cobs equaling 600w won't necessarily go deeper into the plants than 600 x 1 watt diodes.if it was just about more power from a single point the 1000w hps lamp would always win.this is why quantum boards work so well,you have lots of low power diodes covering a wider area and you can get them much closer to the plants,so intensity can actually be higher with a QB than it would with hps or even high power cobs.
Excellent explanation sixpack...

Freshone

Freshone

This is the reason I decided on quantum boards instead of cobs,figured if I was going to try the LED tech id try the latest and greatest.If you think about points of light quantum boards have more than any other light that I know of.

Harp

Harp

This thread just helped make my decision between cobs and QBs.
I'll be setting up 4 288 QBs in the near future. I like the idea of throwing in some cobs in the middle.

I'm currently running a 400w hps and "900w" mars led combo in a 4x4. Works alright. I've been growing with this setup for about 5-6 years. I'm ready to move on.

Schkronis

Schkronis

Are you liking the quantum boards more?

I was skeptical at first, but yeah, QB is a step up from cobs, and EB G2 and F-series gen 3 is a step up from QB, but its a bit of a DYI.

I have timber and RapidLed cob gear that will do the job just fine for a long time, but QB's are just great, early slates were garbage, but they got that squared. I'm surprised I don't see anyone making a fixtures you can just buy and hang with F-series or EB strips yet...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom