Preparing BHO for topical application?

• Thread starter Trillion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trillion

I have done multiple google searches and searched through pages and pages of threads here and all I can find is speculation and no first hand reports.

Can someone who has had experience with an effective method of re-extracting BHO for topical application please chime in. If you or a close friend/relative has any experience please comment as this is rather urgent matter for me. I have recently convinced my father to stop taking a plethora of pain meds he was prescribed, he has incredibly sensitive scar tissue on his neck where he had multiple tumours removed and there is nothing I want more than to help him even a little, he doesn't want to get "high".

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Trillion

J

Jalisco Kid

You can use dmso but you need to be very careful as it turns your skin into a 2 way street. Clean the area well then put a sterile cover over as this solvent will let bad things through your skin also. JK

T

Trillion

Thanks for the reply but Im not experienced enough to be taking any risks with my father's already delicate health. Is there some way to infuse BHO with an essential oil or cream?

I need fairly precise instructions as I've never attempted anything like this before.

Trillion

D

Donk Frog

I think Texas Kids mentioned in one of his posts that he has made oil for application to the skin to help pain, what about canna tictures that rub into the affected area.....Fast foward has a great tinc thread.... I hope you find the information you are looking 4

convex

convex

You can infuse mineral oil, petroleum jelly or any oil or glycerine based cream with your extract.

T

Trillion

Thanks for the replys they are all greatly appreciated.

DF: Isn't tinc like FF's for oral use? Wouldn't further steps be required to make it ready for topical usage? Like I said please treat me like a baby on this subject, this is an area I have zero experience in.

Convex: See above, Im competely ignorant on this subject so i need as much elaboration as you can give, preferably step by step instructions

convex

convex

Both the extract and the base you want to infuse will be oil based, simply mixing them thoroughly should work.

Dosage will be the problem, everyone reacts differently and each batch of oil will be slightly different. Trial and error from here I am afraid.

I once read to start with a gram of oil and an ounce of your base and titrate the mixture from there. I have never done this myself, so I cannot speak to the efficacy of it; but hopefully gives you a starting point.

Cheers

T

Trillion

Thanks a lot convex. Do i let the BHO soak in oil (virgin coconut oil) or do i heat the mixture? I'd imagine some heat would be necessary as the BHO i made is rather stiff not quite hard like HMK's but still very very viscous.

J

Jalisco Kid

The oil would take a lot of bho to to you good. I make and use this everyday. If you have enough soak it in a 100% alcohol apply to a nice cotton cloth and let it stay about 10 min then repeat. I use 94% cana which is a sugar cane alcohol. I mix an oz of oil to a lt of alcohol. If that shocks you do some reading up on dmso as you can use far less. JK
I find people would try to eat some before they are willing to smoke it. You might ask him if he would be willing to eat a cookie an hr before bed. That way he would sleep well and put some herbs into his body without him feeling high as he would be sleeping. If he is interested make up some canna butter.

convex

convex

I defer to JK - as I stated I have no direct experience here.

Cheers

S

springs5

i have a recipe that works great for as an ointment. i use one ounce of meds dried well and grind it to a fine powder in a coffee grinder. Then i use 16 ounces of olive oil, mix both in a crock pot simmer at 220 for 6 days. Filter out your grounded meds then I found
Burt Bees Hand Salve will take the most oil concentrate. Put the hand salve in a microwave for 45 seconds then mix an equal amount of concentrate. Let mixture cool if your in a rush stick it in the fridge. It will become solid and ready for use.

J

Jalisco Kid

Your method works well con if you have enough herb. When I am at home I use maybe 2 oz a month of oil if there is surf. I would hate to think what that would cost up here. JK

A

astonyx

Your method works well con if you have enough herb. When I am at home I use maybe 2 oz a month of oil if there is surf. I would hate to think what that would cost up here. JK

In cali grams go for 30-70 of bho depending on potency and club lol.

I have seen some stuff called rubadub, if you are in cali and have a card i can let you know which spot carries it, i bought some for my dad because he has migraines really bad for years, and it seems to help his aching. he occasionally still pops some excedrin , but the "rubadub" works well from what i hear, doesnt heal the pain from does relax the pain from what i hear.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I have done multiple google searches and searched through pages and pages of threads here and all I can find is speculation and no first hand reports.

Can someone who has had experience with an effective method of re-extracting BHO for topical application please chime in. If you or a close friend/relative has any experience please comment as this is rather urgent matter for me. I have recently convinced my father to stop taking a plethora of pain meds he was prescribed, he has incredibly sensitive scar tissue on his neck where he had multiple tumours removed and there is nothing I want more than to help him even a little, he doesn't want to get "high".

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Trillion

I make a killer topical out of BHO based on the Holy Anointing Oil from Exodus, that works fast and well.

Mix 10 grams of BHO with 8 grams of virgin coconut oil, .7 grams of cinnamon bark oil, .7 grams of cinnamon leaf oil, and .7 grams of liquid myrrh gum.

Bon appetite!

GW

T

Trillion

Thank you very much Grey , can you elaborate on the "mixing" part of the process
ie soaking, heating?

T

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thank you very much Grey , can you elaborate on the "mixing" part of the process
ie soaking, heating?

T

For topical application, I extract into a tall skinny stainless container sitting in a hot water bath, instead of a pie plate, to keep the atmospheric water out.

When the butane flashes off, I dry off the outside of the container and set it directly into a 240F oil bath to decarboxylate and drive off any remaining solvent.

The stainless container has its tare weight marked on it, so when all bubbling stops, I set the container on the scales and add the rest of the ingredients by weight.

I then set the container back into the oil bath and stir until well mixed and then decant into a wide mouth ½ pint canning jar, so that regardless of outside temperature, I can get to the topical to use it.

Between the Cannabis oil and the Coconut oil, it is a soft solid at winter ambient temperatures in these parts.

Duh, I forgot to mention, that I also add two grams of Emu oil.

GW

BHO collection
Topical 1
Topical 002
T

Trillion

Just what I was looking for GW thanks so much, I will try at half concentration and leave out a couple of the more exotic ingredients like the emu oil and myrrh gum. I hope those bits arent essential, thanks for the detailed step by step. And thanks everyone else for the input.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Just what I was looking for GW thanks so much, I will try at half concentration and leave out a couple of the more exotic ingredients like the emu oil and myrrh gum. I hope those bits arent essential, thanks for the detailed step by step. And thanks everyone else for the input.

It clearly works without the Emu oil, but I think that the myrrh gum adds do the speed of the uptake.

I picked up all of my essential oils at:

www.newdirectionsaromatics.com

GW

matamus

matamus

Nice post Gray

Graywolf awesome post buddy. thanks for the info. ever tried to make chapstick?

Top Bottom