Prevent/Revert Stresses out Cannabis, from flowering?

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

How can I encourage a plant to stop flowering, when it flowers early from stress?

Two of my plants went to flower very early, so what can I do to help?
☮️

freezeland2

freezeland2

Positive.

Same seeds, one is in veg mode, two others flowering early.

I specifically paid for photoperoid.
Did they come in breeder packages? If not I’d be suspicious. Anyway, what is the current light cycle? Is it possible they are not flowering and just showing their sex? Just because you see a pair of pistils doesn’t translate to flowering. Many times they just show their sex early but are still in a vegetative growth stage.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Did they come in breeder packages? If not I’d be suspicious. Anyway, what is the current light cycle? Is it possible they are not flowering and just showing their sex? Just because you see a pair of pistils doesn’t translate to flowering. Many times they just show their sex early but are still in a vegetative growth stage.
Hmm, they have trichomes already on two, pretty sure it looks like it's trying to flower.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hmm, they have trichomes already on two, pretty sure it looks like it's trying to flower.
Ok well you’ll need to increase the light period and reveg it. If you do reveg it you’ll be set back about 6 - 8 weeks before it returns to normal. It will grow one and three finger leaves close to the stalks during that time. I reveg’d a plant last year. It was like a head of romaine lettuce with the growth. I’d recommend just letting them do their thing before I purposely reveg a plant.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Ok well you’ll need to increase the light period and reveg it. If you do reveg it you’ll be set back about 6 - 8 weeks before it returns to normal. It will grow one and three finger leaves close to the stalks during that time. I reveg’d a plant last year. It was like a head of romaine lettuce with the growth. I’d recommend just letting them do their thing before I purposely reveg a plant.
Alrighty, well they have all been getting 18 hours of light a day.

Haven't changed anything.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
for revegging try 24/0 lights, I did that years ago with full tents and after 2-3 weeks plants were back on track. but not all genetics can do that, some never really recover.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

If you want to stop them flowering you’ll need more than 18hrs on them. More like 20 - 24 and it’s going to take a while to snap back.

Did you experience a power outage or timer malfunction?
No, just probably they experienced more stress than their sister.

All light conditions have been the same.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

for revegging try 24/0 lights, I did that years ago with full tents and after 2-3 weeks plants were back on track. but not all genetics can do that, some never really recover.
Perhaps re-vegging
is the wrong word.

I just want to stop the other two from further going into flower if it's possible.

Unless they're not going in the flower and it's just pre-flower that looks like it's going to flower.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that flowering seedling has already gone through a reveg or major stress i can see it,
you definitely have light issues.. if your timer is correct, than there’s a light leak getting into the space, could be as simple as a little led light on a fan, humidifier, extension cord, etc..
or possibly an auto flowering plant also that has been stressed out..
there are no other reasons why..

E9noxis

E9noxis

How can extra light during veg flip the plants if extra light during a false flowering would turn it back to vegging? I thought light leaks only affect flowering plants.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Since flowering is hormone-induced it sometimes happens when things get awfully wrong, esp. in hostile environments/soil, because the precursor of florigen is generated at the root meristem

Top Bottom