Preventative Maintenance Routines

• Thread starter Animal Chin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
What is everyone doing either daily, bi-weekly, weekly or every other week to prevent pests and fungal diseases?

Just to be clear I want to hear from those that are doing preventative measures to keep shit in check before there's a problem.

Are you setting off bombs are you rotating sprays...lets hear it?

Also if you feel your methods are to controversial because its not organic or some shit then shoot me a PM!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Here is a good one, a bit to much for my small space, a buddy bombs his space (with the greenhouse bombs not the dr. doom bombs) in between each run.

Create a perimeter outside your space with those 4-6 month pest killers.

Quarantine everything. I sit all incoming cuts next to a hot shop pest strip for 24 hours. Probably not a bad idea for me to e20 them too.

I rotate spinosad, pyretrum spray, sulfur spray and foliars through the third week of flower.

Using DTE on the top soil will kill fungus gnats (doing that moving forward!)

Maintaining a healthy soil biology will do wonders for disease prevention.

Keep your pets away from your grow.

If you believe you've been exposed to pests, shower and change before entering your garden.

That's a start. Good luck. You won't be down long.

outwest

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
sticky traps ..pyrethren spray..red lake d.e. ...einstien oil..and any of the bennies i use in the rooms..just added sea green to the bennie shelf

if shit gets to bad in veg..i got the dirty dirt..;)... triazacide ...but have not needed that kinda dirt in a while..with the line up i got...still cant shake the spring tails o_O

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Here is a good one, a bit to much for my small space, a buddy bombs his space (with the greenhouse bombs not the dr. doom bombs) in between each run.

Create a perimeter outside your space with those 4-6 month pest killers.

Quarantine everything. I sit all incoming cuts next to a hot shop pest strip for 24 hours. Probably not a bad idea for me to e20 them too.

I rotate spinosad, pyretrum spray, sulfur spray and foliars through the third week of flower.

Using DTE on the top soil will kill fungus gnats (doing that moving forward!)

Maintaining a healthy soil biology will do wonders for disease prevention.

Keep your pets away from your grow.

If you believe you've been exposed to pests, shower and change before entering your garden.

That's a start. Good luck. You won't be down long.

outwest
Thx homie

Now on your buddy's bomb is he bombing the grow room or outside it?

On your spray rotations what's the schedule?

Thx again

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
sticky traps ..pyrethren spray..red lake d.e. ...einstien oil..and any of the bennies i use in the rooms..just added sea green to the bennie shelf

if shit gets to bad in veg..i got the dirty dirt..;)... triazaciede ...but have not needed that kinda dirt in a while..with the line up i got...still cant shake the spring tails o_O

Thx Jimbo and forgive my ignorance but what are spring tails and what harm do they do?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
supossed to be harmless ,,but some times i wonder about that..ive seen a shit ton of them in my soil before o_O

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thx homie

Now on your buddy's bomb is he bombing the grow room or outside it?

On your spray rotations what's the schedule?

Thx again

The bombs are in his grow. . . pyrethrum tr and the companion product that kills egg (dont recall the name). These are like 400% stronger then Dr. Doom. This is what I used for my russet disinfection. As mentioned I left and infected leaf for inspection after I bombed, and found dead russets on the leaf when I was done.

I have 45x macroscope that is awesome for identification of microscopic pests like russets and broads. Any time I see a deficiency of any sort, the leaf goes under the macro for inspection.

As far the the spray rotation, it's every other day. Plants come out of the tent get sprayed down, dry off, then back in the tent. For pesticide/fungicide sprays I spray the plant the soil the pot and the tray it's on.

outwest

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
springtails-eating-algae2.jpg

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
when you kill bugs leave them for the others to see...they will know you mean business and quit fucking around
funny shit because I can relate. I have my cat food bowl in a cabinet and the cat goes up there to eat when hes hungry. I have to do this to keep the dogs from eating his food. Ants kept showing up daily in his bowl when Id return home from work. Id killem and clean em up daily til the day i decided to leave the dead trail. That was a year ago and there hasnt been an ant since.
I didn't mention spectracide. That will kill everything, including you if you are not careful. This is the same as Triazicide Jim was referring too. . .they call it once and done for a reason.

outwest

As you know i consider you a friend. Well a different friend on here told me in a PM almost the same thing on a different product...heres part of his email I copied and pasted. And this foo's word you can take to the bank just like yours

"i'd get a chem suit and spray Malathion
that shit will kill everything big enough to die,,, including you
wear a respirator as well"

Also on your spray technique do you think its necessary to remove the plants to spray them? My plants get to be 4 ft and are a bitch to move. I cant get behind them when when spraying but I can reach behind them with the sprayer. Also I can spray at night under a green light

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
funny shit because I can relate. I have my cat food bowl in a cabinet and the cat goes up there to eat when hes hungry. I have to do this to keep the dogs from eating his food. Ants kept showing up daily in his bowl when Id return home from work. Id killem and clean em up daily til the day i decided to leave the dead trail. That was a year ago and there hasnt been an ant since.

As you know i consider you a friend. Well a different friend on here told me in a PM almost the same thing on a different product...heres part of his email I copied and pasted. And this foo's word you can take to the bank just like yours

"i'd get a chem suit and spray Malathion
that shit will kill everything big enough to die,,, including you
wear a respirator as well"

Also on your spray technique do you think its necessary to remove the plants to spray them? My plants get to be 4 ft and are a bitch to move. I cant get behind them when when spraying but I can reach behind them with the sprayer. Also I can spray at night under a green light
they use that malathion at golf courses ...well i think thats the same shit we used...dont spray that shit around your koi pond bro..just a heads up...bad shit it is..pretty sure it was a nono around pounds ..

EVOKE

EVOKE

are most of those products that you guys are talking about used in fruits and vegitables that we normally eat.... ive sprayed avid and e20 and damn that shit gives me nasty head aches... i normally spray three different products i dont use those harsh chems anymore... i realize my dog is bringing those bugs in the house so i put up a baby gate in the hallway...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yeah I wear gloves a mask and crappy clothes when I use any poison destined to kill.

Good question on lighting, nute foliars you wanna spray at lights on. Pest control I always do at lights off. I removed my plants to keep the spray off the lights.

outwest

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Yeah I wear gloves a mask and crappy clothes when I use any poison destined to kill.

Good question on lighting, nute foliars you wanna spray at lights on. Pest control I always do at lights off. I removed my plants to keep the spray off the lights.

outwest

Ya I put trash bags over my lights and leave the plants where they sit and do my work with a green led stealth work light

are most of those products that you guys are talking used in fruits and vegitables that we normally eat.... ive sprayed avid and e20 and damn that shit gives me nasty head aches... i normally spray three different products i dont use those harsh chems anymore... i realize my dog is bringing those bugs in the house so i put up a baby gate in the hallway...

Thx Evoke but got a question or maybe it's a statement actually. When you spray that heavy shit your supposed to wear a respirator...are you? Fuck your headache your gonna get cancer. I remember NorCal was over my house and opened my bottle of E20 and smelled it...I was like holy shit dude what are you doing. I wear a disposable paper chem suit from lowes a respirator , booties and gloves and duct tape my sleeves and legs plus I wear a disposable painters face sock and googles.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
are most of those products that you guys are talking about used in fruits and vegitables that we normally eat.... ive sprayed avid and e20 and damn that shit gives me nasty head aches... i normally spray three different products i dont use those harsh chems anymore... i realize my dog is bringing those bugs in the house so i put up a baby gate in the hallway...

I see you edited your shit and added the word gate after baby lmfao. When I first read it, it said I put up a baby in the hallway:) I was damn this fool ain't playing he's putting up babies in the hallway. It seemed a little dark but coming from you I was believing that shit ;)

EVOKE

EVOKE

sorry stoner moment lol... i read it too and i was like ohh fuck people are gonna think im for real... honestly i didnt wear anything when i would spray i would just hold my breath lol what a dumbass i was for doing that... i dont use it anymore... i was thinking maybe its not a good idea to go to the hydro stores because of how many growers go the those stores and are carrying bugs on their clothing...

Latest posts

Top Bottom