Price Fluctuations Threaten To Drive Marijuana Growers Out Of Business

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Good read. sounds like a bunch of crappy weed. In the future it's gonna be all about the genetics. Get to popping seeds,doing your own crosses. stop running blue dream every year and maybe the pot will sell. If your pot looks,smells and smokes like it should be featured in pot magazine you will not have a problem selling it for rediculous prices. People with money want to spend it on exclusivity.

There's always these articles but never pictures of the product. Show me one of these articles were the pot is bomb. There is a million scotches out there for 8 bucks a bottle and Johnny blue still cost 199

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
proper outdoor blows away indoor on all fronts, taste, maximizing genetic potential ect .... maybe those dogging it have never really tried A+ buds ...
it would be awsome if people grew proper outdoor, but they don't. you have to know this article isnt about growers that take the time to prepare with careful planning. its all about people that jumped in trying to get rich..., thinking how hard can it be. rather then taking a look inward and trying to fix what thier doing wrong they place blame on a flooded market and bad laws and high taxes. everyone wants to undercut the next guy, they are screwing themselves. in the next 5 years or so heavy hitters that do it right are gonna come in build a solid crew proper gentics and get rich. and everyone else is gonna be saying its not fair. they have more money, they did this , they did that. but all the really did was sit back and plan, watch it unfold learn from the mistakes.

if you can get 10 guys together, that know what they are doing and are not greedy you could build an empire right now over night. buy a farm then another then another, get your own shops that only carry your gear. then it doesnt matter what your wholesale numbers are because on either side there is gonna be a huge profit to sustain the other. so if the store pays high price then the farm is making you your money. and if the store pays low price then store is making your money. synergy is the only word you ever need to know in this business

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

I agree 100% but many growers spend years outdoor and never figure things out either.

Look at oil now, those getting blasted with low prices are those with high production cost. Like frak in the U.S. up against lakes of oil in Russia or Saudi Arabia. We are the ones hurting with cheap oil.

As more states turn green, the price will keep falling as the needs are met. Most smokers do not care or understand quality or underlying genetics so this in it self is an issue. And those that want or understand quality, well they can grow personal or purchase from the many good growers in all states. But nothing will stop tha massive price drops still coming.

So, at some point the cost per square meter will crush almost all indoor growers as the price of energy works against them. And those people with bad intentions towards those in the business now will force regulations upon everyone testing, safety all this new regulations are done on purpose, so small companies can't compete. Look toward the trucking industry. The green rush is a gold mine, the wall street money is not dumb.

. And if you combine good genetics, good growers with that greenhouse they will take down everyone. Many people growing now for profit are gonna get steamrolled.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Guess some of theses folks have never smoked RingoOG, sungrown by the man himself. That was the best outdoor you ever tasted.
Imo it depends on how a strain was bred. Some strains excel indoors, others outside.
Properly grown outdoors is indistinguishable from indoors if done right.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
niche pot prices will go up as cost to grow it go up. look at the craft beer market there is a million beers now from every town/state and every day 1000's more hit the scene. last year it was over a 7 billion dollar industry. shit theres beers out there now that are selling out and there over 15 a can and they cant keep it in stock. heady topper from vermont its only sold in thier package store, people buy it and resell it on craigs list for 80+ dollars a case on the regular. A keg sold in la for almost 2000. it doesnt matter how much weed there is no one will smoke it. they will pay good farmers for thier care and quality and good name. show me a person with a good name that dosent thrive in a saturated market.

shit i just moved out to LA 2 months ago, but i can see why soem shops do better then others. first thing is location. if your in a shitty part of town people will associate your product with that. its all about image show me you care. i down want to walk into a shop with dust everywere half ass paint on the walls and a fat mess standing behind the counter with a shitty red t shirt with holes in it, greese stains and pizza cheese caked into his beard handling my medicine. the fucking floor smells like bady shit and the pot smells like amonia when it should be the other way around.

Last edited:
Muckman420

Muckman420

Guess some of theses folks have never smoked RingoOG, sungrown by the man himself. That was the best outdoor you ever tasted.
Imo it depends on how a strain was bred. Some strains excel indoors, others outside.
Properly grown outdoors is indistinguishable from indoors if done right.
Precisely what I was trying to say earlier, there are so many growing outdoor, most of what the shops out here have outdoor wise is bujwa herb with little to no flavor although it can look and smell bomb and be coated in sugar

Muckman420

Muckman420

niche pot prices will go up as cost to grow it go up. look at the craft beer market there is a million beers now from every town/state and every day 1000's more hit the scene. last year it was over a 7 billion dollar industry. shit theres beers out there now that are selling out and there over 15 a can and they cant keep it in stock. heady topper from vermont its only sold in thier package store, people buy it and resell it on craigs list for 80+ dollars a case on the regular. A keg sold in la for almost 2000. it doesnt matter how much weed there is no one will smoke it. they will pay good farmers for thier care and quality and good name. show me a person with a good name that dosent thrive in a saturated market.

shit i just moved out to LA 2 months ago, but i can see why soem shops do better then others. first thing is location. if your in a shitty part of town people will associate your product with that. its all about image show me you care. i down want to walk into a shop with dust everywere half ass paint on the walls and a fat mess standing behind the counter with a shitty red t shirt with holes in it, greese stains and pizza cheese caked into his beard handling my medicine. the fucking floor smells like bady shit and the pot smells like amonia when it should be the other way around.
Witch wood ale which is organic and one of my favs goes for 7 bucks a pint

seaslug

seaslug

"In Washington, an excise tax of 25 percent applies between producer and processor, processor and retailer, and retailer to consumer, while Colorado enacted a lesser 15 percent excise tax and a 10 percent sales tax."

I'd say wa.gov stupidity rules the day.
Edit: there is a standard sales tax in WA of almost 10%

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
"In Washington, an excise tax of 25 percent applies between producer and processor, processor and retailer, and retailer to consumer, while Colorado enacted a lesser 15 percent excise tax and a 10 percent sales tax."

Colorado should catch on and raise there tax!

Bombnes

Bombnes

I can take a shit in a box and put a guaranteed tag on it and someone would still buy it not realizing all your getting is a guaranteed piece of shit.

it would be awsome if people grew proper outdoor, but they don't. you have to know this article isnt about growers that take the time to prepare with careful planning. its all about people that jumped in trying to get rich..., thinking how hard can it be. rather then taking a look inward and trying to fix what thier doing wrong they place blame on a flooded market and bad laws and high taxes. everyone wants to undercut the next guy, they are screwing themselves. in the next 5 years or so heavy hitters that do it right are gonna come in build a solid crew proper gentics and get rich. and everyone else is gonna be saying its not fair. they have more money, they did this , they did that. but all the really did was sit back and plan, watch it unfold learn from the mistakes.

if you can get 10 guys together, that know what they are doing and are not greedy you could build an empire right now over night. buy a farm then another then another, get your own shops that only carry your gear. then it doesnt matter what your wholesale numbers are because on either side there is gonna be a huge profit to sustain the other. so if the store pays high price then the farm is making you your money. and if the store pays low price then store is making your money. synergy is the only word you ever need to know in this business

All right if your going to put together a 10 man A-team I'm in, always wanted to rule the world....

Muckman420

Muckman420

I can take a shit in a box and put a guaranteed tag on it and someone would still buy it not realizing all your getting is a guaranteed piece of shit.

All right if your going to put together a 10 man A-team I'm in, always wanted to rule the world....
I'll second that

seaslug

seaslug

I should add, we the citizens voted in favor of the excise taxes as part of I-502, page 40.
http://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/i502.pdf

Oh well, Alison Holcomb is working in DC now instead of the WA state ACLU chapter.

Top Bottom