Primo Clones Canada grow and show

• Thread starter PrimoClonesCanada
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Hello Everybody

Just thought I'd throw up a thread with the grow.
Details- LED lighting, promix mixed with Gaia green dry amendments is what I use for medium. Also use blumat watering system which saves time and my back..lol
This grow I put them in 2 gallon pots for the bigger plants and 1 gallon for the smaller plants that came straight from the dome with zero veg time.
What's in the tent
2 One Night Stand in 2 gallons
2 Sundae Driver in 2 gal. and 1 in 1Gal
2 Twinkle Tarts in 2 Gal.
1 Doho in 2 Gal and 2 in 1 Gal.
2 Apple Fritter in 1 Gal.
1 SFV OG in 1 Gal
1 Runtz in 1 Gal
1 Gushmints in 1 Gal
1 Marshmallow og in 1 Gal

Have the light at 100% and just moved it within 10 inches of some of the tops last week and think it's starting to yellow them.the ppfd at the highest is around 1000.
Feel free to comment ask questions or post pics of your own grow

Here's a video from the garden today

And I forgot to get the 2 dohos and 1 sundae driver in the 1 gallon pots in the video so took another one. These were taken straight from the dome into 1 gallon of living soil and put in the flower tent.

Figured video are easier than taking pics. I'll try and update once every week or two.

Happy Growing
Primo Clones Canada

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Got a few more shots from the garden last night
The keepers
20220513 215452
20220513 215519
20220513 215538
20220513 215544
20220513 215553

And a video of them, not the best vid sorry

And here's a video of the new strains in the tent.

Things are looking pretty good in the garden othercthan some yellowing on two plants that the blumats clogged and they dried out to much almost to the point of wilting so they are permanently yellow now😲. Should have checked the pots when I noticed the yellowing starting. But I just thought it was cause I turned the led up to 100 and lowered it.

Have a great weekend everyone
Happy growing

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Another little video of the new strains in order of appearance
Runtz,Apple fritter, Gushmints, sfv og, marshmallow og and then I show a sundae driver then doho clone that went straight from clone dome to 1 gallon living soil in the flower tent a few weeks ago.

Next is the keepers One Night Stand,Sundae Driver,Twinkle Tarts, Doho,One night stand then a wedding cake x doho I'm getting rid of after a couple years

Happy growing everyone

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Got another couple videos of the garden a couple times had a hard time getting good focus, sorry about that.
First video is the keepers, almost at 8 weeks since flip, going to start taking them down in the next week or 2 starting with twinkle tarts as it finishes quickly, if you look closely at the buds they have a orange tinge from the trichs near the sugar leaves

Overall looking pretty good, some yellowing on the tarts and the driver look8ng likevthey could have used another top dressing but they are still looking good.

Next we have the elite clone only I am running for first time. These were put in flower six weeks ago today.

These are all looking really nice except the gushmints is looking just meh to me so far but it's stacking really good.
Didn't do the best job growing these ones, hopefully do better next time in a little bigger pots, but they still look really good nonetheless

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Got an email from @Crawfish about the soil I use. He had asked about pure blend and I said I used it for a few years but switched to organic soil, one reason was I got sick of mixing water every few days.

So I figured id post my easy way to do organic soil in the thread for him and anyone else interested.

Easiest way I found is to get some promix bx or hp,some Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4, Gaia green power bloom 2-8-4.
I also add in some extra dolomite lime, neem meal, crushed oyster shell, ground oyster shell, Insect frass and ewc but you don't have to, I added the lime and oyster shell to help buffer the soil so I don't have to ph my water. The frass and neem were to help battle fungus gnats but I got them under control with a combination lost cost plant therapy and aquabac. If you add extra stuff you should not use full amount of 4-4-4 you don't want them to total more than the recommended dose.

Mix the 4-4-4 with promix at recommended rates for container gardens and let it sit moist for around a month if you can. I usually put a clone in solo cups with my soil cut at about 1/4-1/3 organic soil/promix for about a week or two then plant into bigger containers with full strength soil. If I'm still unsure about soil being to strong for young plants I'll just weaken some 1/3 promix/organic soil around where I plant, and that usually helps to settle the plant into hotter soil.
Depending on how long you veg for and how big your containers are will determine when you need to top dress.
Unless I'm growing something really big or I'm in a really small pot I don't have to top dress until I hit 1-2 weeks of flower. Then every 2 weeks roughly until week 6ish. If it's a big plant I start top dressing right when I put into flower with 1/4 all purpose 4-4-4 / power bloom 2-8-4. For first three weeks during stretch I use 50%-75% 4-4-4 in my top dress then as it starts to make flower add more power bloom to my top dress ending with 100% power bloom.
This past grow I slacked and should have top dressed at least one more time for each plant, they had a bit deficiencies towards the end.

I use straight tap water the whole grow and I don't ph my water. I water in Neptune fish and seaweed a few times a grow just for a kick but it's just tap water 95% or more of the time.

After grow I keep pots moist for another week or two and only take out the main stock, if pots are kept moist for long enough the little stump should easily pull out of your pot with little effort. Then re amend with half of what you originally used and let cook for a month again.
I've been re using my soil for a few years now, I have 2 sets of soil one in totes cooking and one in flower. Unfortunately I think the salt in my water or that I kept adding dolomite lime with my re amends has given me a slight mag deficiency so I might start fresh again soon.
But I got 2-3 years out of this soil and using half amendments to re amend has saved me lots of money. The amount of money saved using this method is alot I reckon.
I've bought 2 big bag 10kg of 4-4-4 in the 3 -4 years of growing organic and I still have half a bag left. I believe I use around a 2 kg jug of power bloom a year.
I really should by the big bag of that one too.

@Crawfish also asked about my automated watering.
I use blumats, They keep your pot at a constant moisture level that you set it at, so there's no dry period which is good for organic soil i find. You can set it so it's always super wet or more on the dryer side and anywherein between, just have to adjust to your liking in the first couple weeks. They are really good if you can keep your eye on them once a day as a runaway is a pain in the but.

Not sure if I covered everything, I hope I did but if not ill try and update it.
Anyone have any questions or comments feel free to post.

Crawfish

Crawfish

Well thanks again for all the info I learned a lot. I see you say you use tap water, are you on municipal water or perhaps well water I am wondering about chlorine? And I will look into the Blumats as well.
Thanks Crawfish.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Well thanks again for all the info I learned a lot. I see you say you use tap water, are you on municipal water or perhaps well water I am wondering about chlorine? And I will look into the Blumats as well.
Thanks Crawfish.
I use tap water, I don't find the chlorine to be an issue, I let it sit for 24 hours before using it. I've heard it helps with chlorine in your water. I'm not smart enough to explain how so I won't try🤣
Actually I use a mixture of tap water and whatever I get from my dehumidifiers, so sometimes like the last few weeks almost zero tap water as the dehumidifiers are producing alot of water, kinda crazy I'm just giving my plants the same water over and over, so I guess I recycle my soil and my water when I can. But I do find if I'm using dehumidifier water it's like ro water with zero minerals in it so it's good to give tap water every so often to give those trace minerals in your tap water.
But as far as chlorine in your water destroying your soil not sure how true it is or whether it's depleted by the time I use it enough that it has no effect on my plants.
I've used water straight from the tap in a pinch but I do like to let it sit before using it just to be safe.

Blumats are great, really nice on the back, and plants seem to really like them. Just have to be on look out for runaways (overwatered pots). I use a pond liner at the bottom of my tent that can hold my whole res just in case.
I've had plenty of small runaways but usually only a few litres before I catch it as I look in on my plants at least 2 times a day.
Anymore questions feel free to ask

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Hey thanks for the nominations @BillNye88 @Poekie
Really appreciate that 😁

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Also tested out the marshmallow og, sfv,runtz and and apple fritter last night.
Just took off the smallest lowest branch on each to test. They were all really good.
Sfv and marshmallow being my favorites really nice kushy taste

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
The gushmints has a fat cola on it, it's probably close to 2/3 the size of a beer can and this is just in a tiny 1 gallon pot.
This thing will produce some serious moose cocks if grown in a bigger container. It's pretty short compared to the others but that fat bud makes up for its short stature. It's also has nice purple coloring.
20220625 201836
20220626 125956

Top Bottom