Prized males, whos holdin some studs ?

• Thread starter elkhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straydogOG

straydogOG

revegging a sexed seedling.... a surprise ..I got a few beans of this from a friend here... I`ve got 2 beans left... Deep Hash ... (Deep Chunk x 96 sensi hash plant) loarn gear I belive.

Im gonna use this dude on some special girls... ;)

DSC03416
Shamus

Shamus

@Kush Kloud, check out my thread in the photograph forum. Plenty of pictures of crosses i have made with that male.

@Gary Host, I use chemicals to reverse my males to females or what you see in the pic. I do it so i can see how frosty and more so to see what kind of smells the male will give off. Now with all the labs i can even get them tested to see how potent they are.

Here some more studs I'm working with. first is a sfv Og Bx1 male reversed.
View attachment 495946
Nice, could I please get a little more info on how you do that.. Would love to attempt it

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Ethephon, please tell us your experience with it?
http://greenhouse.ucdavis.edu/pest/pmsds/Florel Brand Growth Regulator.pdf

http://www.gpnmag.com/using-florel-effectively

florel is a pgr used to get plants to stop fruiting and keep them in the veg stage, it also promotes lateral branching and stops vertical growth....

...i have no idea how it could reverse a plant from male to female...the ingredient is Ethephon ((2-chloroethyl)-Phosphonic Acid)....not sure how that can turn a plant to reverse its self...from what i was reading it makes the plant release ethylene gas internally ...dont see how that can reverse it, someone with more knowledge on it would be cool

shemshemet

shemshemet

"Fertile female flowers can be induced in male plants by ethephon (2-chloroethanephosphonic acid) and NIA 10637 (ethylhydrogen-l-propylphosphonate). Interestingly, stamens could be seen arising even from fruits. Stopping the application of growth regulators caused the plants to revert to their original sex. We hypothesized that in Cannabis, GA and ethylene act as male and female hormones respectively, and that the expression of sex is controlled by a balance between their endogenous levels. Abscisic acid (ABA) is able to overcome the GA induced male flower formation (Mohan Ram and Jaiswal 1973; Mohan Ram and Sett 1985).

Mohan Ram H Y and Sett R 1985 Cannabis sativa; in CRC
handbook of flowering (ed. Halevy A H) (Boca Raton: CRC
Press) Vol. II, pp 131–139

Mohan Ram H Y and Jaiswal V S 1973 The possible role of
ethylene and gibberellins in flower sex expression of Canna-
bis sativa; in Proceedings of 8th International Conference on
Plant Growth Substances (Tokyo: Hirokawa Publishing Co)
pp 987–996172 "

Nabbed this from somewhere else

shemshemet

shemshemet

Do u get any seeds from the reversed males?still cool either way,76

The process isn't really a good process to make reversed male seeds, Take a look at Sierraskunks pictures, not too many seeds from those plants huh? (no offense sierra, not knocking you at all, just trying to make a point)

Where the process is useful is with being able to test cannabinoid / terpene profiles. The point is to really see what you're working with, female flower wise, on your male plant.

I've read a bunch of info about how the male plants are usually sterile when you reverse them.

And also I don't think the same reproductive 'juju' that happens with reversed females for feminized seeds, happens with reversed males. AKA Reversed males don't produce male only seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom