-4inch Pots and 5gallon pots
-Organic Bag Soil
-Perlite Medium Size or #3
-2 Spray Bottles

-Box and Dry Nutrients
a. Bat Guano- High Nitrogen
b. Seabird Guano- High Phosphorous/Potassium
c. Bone Meal- High Phosphorous
d. All Purpose Fertilzer (W/*Sulfer and *Magnesium In The Ingredient List)
e. Micorrhizae Powder
f. Bloom Booster-Incredible Bulk

-Liquid Nutrients
a. Vitamin B1
b. *Blackstrap Molasses (must be *Blackstrap)
c. Liquid Kelp

-Pest Control
a. Neem Seed Oil
b. SNS Formula 209

More To Come......

Moshmen

Moshmen

Man that’s a lot for first time - light and tent for sure fans , temp/humidity gages
1 bag of soul your choice - I personally use promix , very forgiving . Couple nursery pots , nutes of your choice. Personally again I’d go simple - either like jacks 312, mega crop, ect for dry salts . Or again something simple in a bottle -botanicare pure blend pro grow can be used the whole grow ! 1bottle
The simplistic you start the happier you will be imo and you can aways add things . But start with a quality light and quality genetics .

R

RubyWaves

A. A lot of supplies only need to bought once. Buy a box of nutrients and it will last a good while with small indoor grows. Remember, you will only be measuring nutrients by the teaspoon or tablespoon.
B. Im my experience since childhood simple box nutrients are the easiest to measure and use as well as with more consistant and predictable results. Especially for 1st timers that probably don't know anything about horticulture to begin with as most "pot growers" do. The 1st grow is a successful learning experience. Not an experiment.

R

RubyWaves

...........BEGINING *SOIL TIPS* (AND WATER) FOR SUCCESSFUL SMALL 1ST TIME INDOOR SOIL GROW:

1. USE ORGANICS.
a. Buy Soil That Has A Decent Reputation. I Have Tried Them All Over 20 Years And They Have Changed. But Now I Use:
*Roots Organics Original Potting Soil*
It Has Good Drainage And Does Not Burn.
*Drainage, Oxygen and Nutrient Retention Is Key.
b. AVOID MIRACLE GRO PRODUCTS. AVOID Soils From The Hardware Stores, Grocery Stores And Commercial Landscape Outlets etc. AVOID Soils With "Bark" Or "Urea" On The Ingredient List.
AVOID Soils With Ocean Based Ingredients, Chicken Manure Or Blood Meal.
Buying Organic Soils Will Mostly Solve These Issues Anyway. Foxfarm Ocean Forest Should Be Avoided As Well. Foxfarm Ocean Forest Is Full Of Unwanted Salts And Other Toxins And Can Burn Plants, Especially Seedlings And Clones. And Its Not Organic.

2. ALWAYS ADD PERLITE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE POT.
a. This Creates A Clean Oxygenated Bed For Roots And Proper Drainage. We Don't Want The Roots Soaking In Mucky Water At The Bottom Of The Pot. Roots Should Appear Clean, White And Hairy. It Is Normal For Dome Roots To Be Showing On The Bottom.
-No Matter The Size, 4inch To 5gallon. Put At Least Enough Perlite To Cover The Drainage Holes. But As A Rule About 2 Inches On The Bottom Of A 1gallon Pot Or Larger. Use Your Judgement.
*We are only using 4inch and 5gallon pots here.

3. ALWAYS DRAIN THE SOIL WITH CLEAN *COLD* WATER.
-FILL THE POT WITH SOIL IN LAYERS.
a. ALWAYS USE FRESH COLD WATER! Never Use Warm Or Lukewarm Water. Plants Like Regular Ol' Cold Clean Water. DO NOT ICE THE WATER.
b. IT'S ALWAYS BEST TO DRAIN THE SOIL BEFORE PLANTING ANYTHING IN IT!
The Soil Will Most Likely Have Some Various Contaminates And To Much Nutrient Content Straight From The Bag. To Assure A Successful Start, Draining The Soil Is Key! Do Not Skip This Step.
c. The Soil Is Mixed With Perlite(The Little White Popcorn Stuff) For Drainage And Aeration. Often Times If You Fill The Pot To The Top With Soil And Then Water It In The Perlite Will Float To The Surface And The Soil May Have Dry Pockets And Clumps. Instead Do The Following:
c. Add Your Perlite To The Bottom. Add About 1/3 Of The Pot With Soil. Water In Evenly Letting It Drain Freely. Add Another 1/3 Of Soil. Repeat Until Full.
d. Leave About 3 Inches Of Room From The Top Of The Pot.

4. NEVER RE-USE WATER THAT HAS DRAINED FROM A POT!
A. Simply Put. Don't Re-Use The Water. Period. The Plants Will Not Like It And It Most Likely Will Result In Some Problems. A Specific Problem That You Do Not Want Is Called, "FUSARIUM WILT." I Have Done It As An Experiment. Don't Do It.

5. DO NOT USE CHLORINATED TREATED TAP WATER.
a. If You Must Invest In A
*Hydrologic: Small Boy Water Filter*
It Hooks Up To The Tap And Lasts For Thousands Of Gallons.

......More To Come......

R

RubyWaves

...........*CHOOSING A STRAIN* FOR A SUCCESSFUL SMALL 1ST TIME INDOOR SOIL GROW:

Time To Be Realistic. Focus On The Basics And Choose Wisely.
It's The 1st Time Growing Indoors Or At All. Here's A Few Basic Guidelines:

1. STRAINS
A Good 1st Time Strain Will Be Overall Short In Size, Lean And Sturdy And Finish Flowering In Less Than 9 Weeks.

a. CEILING SPACE
Assuming You're Working With An 8ft Ceiling, Keeping The Plants 4ft Or Less Is Recommended. Avoid Stretchy Sativas That Can Double Or Triple In Size During Flowering.

b. FLOOR SPACE
Keep It Lean. Bushy, Branching, Wide Plants Take Up A Lot Of Space. This Decreases An Even Light Distribution And Requires More Maintenance.

c. TIME
7 To 9 Week Flowering Stage. Preferably A 7wk. Strain.

d. SATIVA, INDICA OR HYBRID?
This Doesn't Matter. As Long As It's Shorter And Flowers In A Decent Time.

BEGINNING INDOOR STRAIN EXAMPLES:
a. Short, Fast, Lean And Strong

-Double Black-Indica (aka Black Domina) (SHORT)
-Shiva Skunk-Hybrid
-Afghani-Indica
-Memory Loss-Hybrid
-Purple Punch-Indica
-Hash Plant-Indica
-Sensi Star-Indica
-Bubblegum-Hybrid
-French Macaron-Hybrid (aka Gelato 33) (SHORT)
-Trinity Kush-Indica (VERY SHORT)
-M.O.B.-Hybrid
-Bubble Bomb-Hybrid
-LA Affie-Indica (SHORT)
-Cheese-Hybrid
-Northern Lights-Indica

.......More To Come........

R

RubyWaves

Man that’s a lot for first time - light and tent for sure fans , temp/humidity gages
1 bag of soul your choice - I personally use promix , very forgiving . Couple nursery pots , nutes of your choice. Personally again I’d go simple - either like jacks 312, mega crop, ect for dry salts . Or again something simple in a bottle -botanicare pure blend pro grow can be used the whole grow ! 1bottle
The simplistic you start the happier you will be imo and you can aways add things . But start with a quality light and quality genetics .
Hmmm....Sounds Like A Lot Of Low Quality Chemicals, GMO's, Guesswork, And A Harsh Unhealthy Smoke That Crackles When It Burns. What Are "dry salts?" I've Never Had 'salts' In Any Herb.

R

RubyWaves

Hmmm....Sounds Like A Lot Of Low Quality Chemicals, GMO's, Guesswork, And A Harsh Unhealthy Smoke That Crackles When It Burns. What Are "dry salts?" I've Never Had 'salts' In Any Herb.
First Rule Of Gardening:
"It All Starts With The Soil."

R

RubyWaves

...........*SEED SPROUTING* FOR A SUCCESSFUL SMALL 1ST TIME INDOOR SOIL GROW:

1. BASIC SEED STARTING SUPPLIES: Old School, Nothing New Here.

a. Seeds
b. Dinner Plate
c. Heat Mat
d. Glass Of Fresh Filtered Water
e. Paper Towels
f . A Cover To Keep Seeds In The Dark

BASIC PROCEDURE:
1. PUT SEEDS IN FRESH COLD WATER AND LET SIT FOR 12 HOURS
a. Place Heat Pad On Level Surface And Plug It In
b. Place Dinner Plate On Heat Mat
c. Fold A Few Paper Towels In Half And Get Them Wet And Put Them On The Plate.
d. Put Seeds In The Middle Of The Paper Towels
e. Cover Them To Keep Them In The Dark
f. Check Them Regurlarly. Do Not Let Them Get Too Hot. DO NOT LET THEM DRY OUT! Keep Them Moist/Wet But NOT Soaking/Dripping Wet. Use Your Judgement.

They Should Germinate Between 12 and 48 hours....Sometimes A Few Days.

HERE WE GO!
Don't Be Nervous, Just Don't Screw It Up.

-Starting Seeds Is Easy. It Is Cheaper Than Buying Clones In A Store. But It Does Take Longer To Reach The Vegetative/Starter Size Stage(About 2 Weeks)
-One Solid Pro Is That With Seeds These Days You Can Find Almost Any Strain Imaginable In Seed Form And Have It Mailed To An Address Of Your Choice.
-You Can Take Clones Of Your Favorite Plants
-I Have Used *THE ATTITUDE SEED BANK* For Years Now And Have Always Had A Good Experience. I Recently Recieved *DOUBLE BLACK And *FRENCH MACARON.
-I Usually Recieve Them In About 10 To 14 Days From Order*.

STEP 2
They've Germinated!!! NOW WHAT?

.......More To Come.......

-

R

RubyWaves

...........*PLANTING GERMINATED SEEDS* FOR A SUCCESSFUL SMALL 1ST TIME INDOOR SOIL GROW:

*OK. COOL. REMEMBER ALL THE SUPPLIES AND STUFF YOU ALREADY BOUGHT AND SET UP? GOOD. NOW IT'S TIME TO START USING IT.

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

1. 4ft LED Low Heat 42watt Shop Light
2. 4inch Pots
3. Perlite
4. Soil

STEP 1
a. Put Perlite In Bottom Of Pots
b. Fill With Soil
c. Leach The Soil By Slowly Pouring About 1/2 Gallon Of Water On Each 4inch Pot. Let Drain.
d. Take A Chop Stick Or ?? And Bury The Seed Root Downward And Barely Cover The Seed Head With Soil (about 1cm at most). Keep Moist.
e. Put Under Low Heat LED Light About 1inch From LED Light.
f. Keep Temperature Between °69 and °72 Degrees.
g. Fine Mist Them Regularly With A Water Bottle.

.........More To Come.........

Moshmen

Moshmen

...........*PLANTING GERMINATED SEEDS* FOR A SUCCESSFUL SMALL 1ST TIME INDOOR SOIL GROW:

*OK. COOL. REMEMBER ALL THE SUPPLIES AND STUFF YOU ALREADY BOUGHT AND SET UP? GOOD. NOW IT'S TIME TO START USING IT.

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

1. 4ft LED Low Heat 42watt Shop Light
2. 4inch Pots
3. Perlite
4. Soil

STEP 1
a. Put Perlite In Bottom Of Pots
b. Fill With Soil
c. Leach The Soil By Slowly Pouring About 1/2 Gallon Of Water On Each 4inch Pot. Let Drain.
d. Take A Chop Stick Or ?? And Bury The Seed Root Downward And Barely Cover The Seed Head With Soil (about 1cm at most). Keep Moist.
e. Put Under Low Heat LED Light About 1inch From LED Light.
f. Keep Temperature Between °69 and °72 Degrees.
g. Fine Mist Them Regularly With A Water Bottle.

.........More To Come.........
Dude this is first time grower you give em a list that only a seasoned farmer would even know how to use ! Can’t believe this is your first post on the site ? Keep it simple for the op !

Start a grow diary and show us your skill

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

This seems like a lot for a first time grower doing small grows. Ive been growing 3 almost 4 years now and still havent used or bought some of these things. Ive never used a heat mat, i buy my soil at the local hardware store (mother earth groundswell) i use fox farm nutrients at half strength, i use chlorinated water from the tap as im in a trailer park so it has to be treated for use, i dont mist seedlings just water the soil.

This entire thread you made just seems like way overkill for a beginner. I dont even think some people who have grown for decades use all this stuff. I like the KISS method.

Welcome to the farm..

R

RubyWaves

If that's your idea of a first grow, mine would make you shit your pants 😂 good stuff though thanks for sharing
Might As Well Do It Right The First Time. I'm Only Showing What I Did In A Closet Over 20 Years Ago On My First Time, Back When You Went To Prison For 1 Plant. It Is Very Very Simple For Anyone With Any Horticulture Knowledge. Honestly, It's As Simple As It Gets.
I've Seen And Heard It All.
I Guarentee I Would Not Shit My Pants Or Be Impressed In Any Way With What You Boys Do These Days.

R

RubyWaves

This seems like a lot for a first time grower doing small grows. Ive been growing 3 almost 4 years now and still havent used or bought some of these things. Ive never used a heat mat, i buy my soil at the local hardware store (mother earth groundswell) i use fox farm nutrients at half strength, i use chlorinated water from the tap as im in a trailer park so it has to be treated for use, i dont mist seedlings just water the soil.

This entire thread you made just seems like way overkill for a beginner. I dont even think some people who have grown for decades use all this stuff. I like the KISS method.

Welcome to the farm..
I Believe The Title Post Is "Pro-Tips...."
Not "Stoner Trailer Park Tips From An Amateur."

R

RubyWaves

If You Know How To Grow Weed Then Why Are You Looking At This Site? Stick With Facebook.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I Believe The Title Post Is "Pro-Tips...."
Not "Stoner Trailer Park Tips From An Amateur."
PRO-BASICS FOR  FIRST  TIME SUCCESSFUL *SMALL INDOOR SOIL GROW* is actually the title.

First time would insinuate that its someones  first grow of cannabis. They dont need half of this to be successful. Sorry pal.

Ps your keyboard is broken. No need to capitalize the first letter of each word...

Also if you're this pro, why are you on the forum giving tips on how to spend money and not how to grow the plants? Because all i saw is this lost was dollar after dollar.

As long as the person growing the plants are happy with the outcome, id say it was successful, or am i wrong mr pro?

R

ritoMox

PRO-BASICS FOR  FIRST  TIME SUCCESSFUL *SMALL INDOOR SOIL GROW* is actually the title.

First time would insinuate that its someones  first grow of cannabis. They dont need half of this to be successful. Sorry pal.

Ps your keyboard is broken. No need to capitalize the first letter of each word...

Also if you're this pro, why are you on the forum giving tips on how to spend money and not how to grow the plants? Because all i saw is this lost was dollar after dollar.

As long as the person growing the plants are happy with the outcome, id say it was successful, or am i wrong mr pro?
Come on now, so he wasn't perfect on the title. At least he's no trolling the site. I'm digging the content and also appreciate others pointing out that it's more of an advanced method that op is describing 👍
Edit: Sorry op for calling you a He if you're Female🙏

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Come on now, so he wasn't perfect on the title. At least he's no trolling the site. I'm digging the content and also appreciate others pointing out that it's more of an advanced method that op is describing👍✌️
Definitely liked the info just not as a first time grow set up.

Top Bottom