Problem with getting smell in control

• Thread starter Rastakari2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
@MrGreenfinga
It also tied In what was happening at the time as occasionally my neighbour would smell it and my filter was in the loft .. witch has a high humidity as soon as I took it out the loft she stopped smelling it

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

@MrGreenfinga
It also tied In what was happening at the time as occasionally my neighbour would smell it and my filter was in the loft .. witch has a high humidity as soon as I took it out the loft she stopped smelling it
Thats greath i will write that down so i dont forget itšŸ˜‚šŸ¤Ÿ
Thanks GmixšŸ‘Š

G

GreenNotYellow

Well, double carbon on exit and one paper on enter with constant powered ventilation that blows the air on top of the roof where another filter is hidden solves the problem. Ain cheap ain easy but does the job

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Well, double carbon on exit and one paper on enter with constant powered ventilation that blows the air on top of the roof where another filter is hidden solves the problem. Ain cheap ain easy but does the job
He would need a bigger inline for that

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Hi. I have 4 autoflowers currently late in flowering.

How do you guys that need to control smell during growing get it to go away? What kind of setup and filter(s) achieve you that?

Any help is much appreciated!

Probably the biggest part of controlling smell inside is choosing seeds from low odor strains. The next part is how many plants you grow.

Filters help but for all the air leaving the tent you need an equal amount going in. I leave the top of the tent open but it's a dark room so light isn't an issue if the tent is open.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Probably the biggest part of controlling smell inside is choosing seeds from low odor strains. The next part is how many plants you grow.

Filters help but for all the air leaving the tent you need an equal amount going in. I leave the top of the tent open but it's a dark room so light isn't an issue if the tent is open.
It would be a shame to pick a low odor strain on purpose

R

Rastakari2

What do you mean pulling rite cfm? I checked the link, so are you saying I should buy a carbon filter from them or a new fan to replace my mars hydro fan?

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

What do you mean pulling rite cfm? I checked the link, so are you saying I should buy a carbon filter from them or a new fan to replace my mars hydro fan?
Your mars hydro fan pulls 205 cfm thats what your 60x60 tent should need but what i think hes saying is your fan is probably old and marshydro is wack so it probably doesnt pullout enough air anymore so probably you should replace it depends on your situation

The more air it pulls out the more smell it pulls too

So a new inline and filter kit is what you need you cant get big enough on the inlines just ensure you got proper airflow so the tent doesnā€™t completely vacuum

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I lost my sense of smell years ago, so I must rely on other people to tell me if there's an odor from the plants. No one has ever mentioned the plants themselves. The soil, however, is a different issue. My wife recently complained after I added mycorrhizae. She has also complained about the smell from top dressing dry nutrients. We therefore now have refillable charcoal filters on both tents and I'm $200 poorer. I also ran the dehumidifier and let the top layer of the soil dry. I didn't know humidity could affect charcoal filters, but it makes intuitive sense. I already knew that adjusting the humidity could improve odors.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I lost my sense of smell years ago, so I must rely on other people to tell me if there's an odor from the plants. No one has ever mentioned the plants themselves. The soil, however, is a different issue. My wife recently complained after I added mycorrhizae. She has also complained about the smell from top dressing dry nutrients. We therefore now have refillable charcoal filters on both tents and I'm $200 poorer. I also ran the dehumidifier and let the top layer of the soil dry. I didn't know humidity could affect charcoal filters, but it makes intuitive sense. I already knew that adjusting the humidity could improve odor.
I had a biiig problem last summer because my plants were stinking everything up even down the street the humidity was 60-70 daily it explains alotšŸ˜‚

Latest posts

Top Bottom