Problems In Cocoa.

• Thread starter PTmKY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PTmKY

PTmKY

I've been growing these plants for about two months now. I'm growing them in growstone cocoa G3 and using Fox Farm nutrients. I've added a little of eggshells and a little coffee grounds. I'm watering about once a week. Here I live in an area where we have some good moisture and watering is not needed as much when growing indoors with a medium. This is for what I know and it isn't much. Could all the friends out there help out an info needed grower. Thanks everyone.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What rate are you feeding them and pH of said feed?

Just by a guess I'd say you're pH has been out of range for awhile.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've been growing these plants for about two months now. I'm growing them in growstone cocoa G3 and using Fox Farm nutrients. I've added a little of eggshells and a little coffee grounds. I'm watering about once a week. Here I live in an area where we have some good moisture and watering is not needed as much when growing indoors with a medium. This is for what I know and it isn't much. Could all the friends out there help out an info needed grower. Thanks everyone.
Hi. I'm very sorry to say this but there are so many problems going on that I think you need to just let the plant finish (it looks about done to my eyes) and move onto the next one. Coco is not like soil, chemically speaking it behaves differently. For example, it 'locks' onto calcium making it unavailable to the plant, and one of the problems I see is a BAD calcium deficiency, about the worst I've ever seen. But that may be clouded by what appears to be a dismal spider mite issue. OR, the plant has been overfed so much that it's completely burned up.

It's time for you to press the reset button and if you're going to continue growing in coir, learn what you're doing.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

@Seamaiden , After rereading he says cocoa not coco coir, plus the addition of coffee grounds.
I agree he has many problems

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
You got the root rot bruh. That's why the leaves are burning up.

Lowman

Lowman

stop with the coffee grounds. Add cal/mag next run....get lots of runoff each watering. Feed low (1.2EC) as it will build in the coco and release as needed.

outnin

outnin

I tried cocoa once and this happened to me I switched back to soil

PTmKY

PTmKY

Thanks for replying to my question. I'll test my PH and see what level it's at
Hi. I'm very sorry to say this but there are so many problems going on that I think you need to just let the plant finish (it looks about done to my eyes) and move onto the next one. Coco is not like soil, chemically speaking it behaves differently. For example, it 'locks' onto calcium making it unavailable to the plant, and one of the problems I see is a BAD calcium deficiency, about the worst I've ever seen. But that may be clouded by what appears to be a dismal spider mite issue. OR, the plant has been overfed so much that it's completely burned up.

It's time for you to press the reset button and if you're going to continue growing in coir, learn what you're doing.

WOW, relax there seamaiden but I am thankful for the advice. I am grateful for each comment. I have done some research but a video mentioned this product. I called the company and they sent me some bags for free. I didn't have this much problems with soil. I am trying to do some research on the item but I have not been successful in finding info on cocoa. The buds smell great but yeah I am going to begin to flush. I might switch back to soil but I'm still not sure. Once again, Thank's everyone. I very much appreciate the advice and comments.

PTmKY

PTmKY

Thanks for replying to my question. I'll test my PH and see what level it's at

WOW, relax there seamaiden but I am thankful for the advice. I am grateful for each comment. I have done some research but a video mentioned this product. I called the company and they sent me some bags for free. I didn't have this much problems with soil. I am trying to do some research on the item but I have not been successful in finding info on coco. The buds smell great but yeah I am going to begin to flush. I might switch back to soil but I'm still not sure. Once again, Thank's everyone. I very much appreciate the advice and comments.

PTmKY

PTmKY

You got the root rot bruh. That's why the leaves are burning up.
I'm curious on root rot, I have tons of aerating stones in there and I only water once a week or sometimes a little longer. With that info would you still think it could be root rot? I'm learning so much but far not enough. Thanks

PTmKY

PTmKY

Sorry everyone, I'm not sure why I wrote cocoa. Probably cause I don't know squat yet. It is coco core.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I'm curious on root rot, I have tons of aerating stones in there and I only water once a week or sometimes a little longer. With that info would you still think it could be root rot? I'm learning so much but far not enough. Thanks
You should never let soilless mixes completly dry out like you would with dirt. I agree with seamaiden, it looks like it is about ready to harvest.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden , After rereading he says cocoa not coco coir, plus the addition of coffee grounds.
I agree he has many problems
I'm making an assumption that he's not growing in actual cocoa. The coffee grounds shouldn't cause a problem like this, but overfeeding and not charging the coir with Ca will. But.. that's the thing, the plants are so badly burned I can't really tell if we're also looking at Ca- or just major burning.

PTmKY

PTmKY

I'm making an assumption that he's not growing in actual cocoa. The coffee grounds shouldn't cause a problem like this, but overfeeding and not charging the coir with Ca will. But.. that's the thing, the plants are so badly burned I can't really tell if we're also looking at Ca- or just major burning.[/QUO

I'm sure i'm dealing with both problems. Yes I never charged the coir, and I'm adding foxfarm tigerbloom once every week.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Depending on the brand, coir may need to be "charged" with Ca and Mg. This is a chemical/molecular thing, it's like the coir has these locks into which fit the Ca and Mg keys, and once the keys are fitted into the locks, they are locked in. The Mg is stupid easy to get in there, but because Ca is immobile you're dealing with a different set of rules. It must be laid down in plant tissues from the start.

Given the appearance of your girl there, I'd stop feeding here almost completely here. I'd be giving her water 'feedings' at about 200ppm-300ppm (IIRC that's something like a .5 EC)(don't hold me to that, I broke my meter and should be punished).

Top Bottom