Product Comparisons: WHY PAY MORE FOR A CUTESY LABEL???

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Last night I was thinking about the "can we post equipment" thing. I was thinking..cool...someone's gonna show a lumatek or other expensive ballast opened-up revealing the pcb and everything...and then show a cheaper model like Luma opened-up displaying the same name (lumatek or luma) and parts throughout.

The equipment you listed is even better. You may not have posted pics and or specs (well sort of) and the products might not be exactly the same but it's totally in line with the intent of this thread I think (I shouldn't speak for the OP but).
It tells us what product it replaces and...it's gonna save some of us a lot of bucks.
Thank YOU!

This thread is WICKED!!! The only problem is that I'm such a tightass I want to order everything I see here. That might not seem to make sense but...yeah. I LOVE saving money...I don't care HOW much it costs lol.

B

Bobby Smith

Last night I was thinking about the "can we post equipment" thing. I was thinking..cool...someone's gonna show a lumatek or other expensive ballast opened-up revealing the pcb and everything...and then show a cheaper model like Luma opened-up displaying the same name (lumatek or luma) and parts throughout.

The equipment you listed is even better. You may not have posted pics and or specs (well sort of) and the products might not be exactly the same but it's totally in line with the intent of this thread I think (I shouldn't speak for the OP but).
It tells us what product it replaces and...it's gonna save some of us a lot of bucks.
Thank YOU!

This thread is WICKED!!! The only problem is that I'm such a tightass I want to order everything I see here. That might not seem to make sense but...yeah. I LOVE saving money...I don't care HOW much it costs lol.

The only piece of the three that's not identical is the cool coil; the generator is identical except it has a different name and a "star" design on the front; the solenoid is 100% identical, they didn't even bother to re-brand that before doubling the price.

D

Door2theUnivers

per gallon ratio?

This seems like a amazing saver , assuming you use it could you provide the dillutions per gallon? also how does it do in recirc hydro?

thanks for this post

Check the label of the DIEHARD Starter Mix and compare to:

Advanced Nutrients- "Tarantula", Pirhana, and "Voodoo juice"
"Great White"

Note the AMOUNTS of microbes offered in each product as well the the final cost

you can buy 1 POUND of STARTER MIX for under $30

1 POUND of Great white or AN will cost upwards of $800!!

http://www.horticulturalalliance.com

DIEHARD™ STARTER MIX

>DIEHARD Mycorrhizal Inoculants and Microflora Stimulants>DIEHARD™ Starter Mix

Non Plant Food Ingredients

Endomycorrhizal Fungus
75 Propagules per cc. Glomus mosseae (15), Glomus intraradices (15), Glomus fasciculatum (15), Glomus dussii (7.5), Glomus clarum (7.5), Glomus deserticola (7.5), Glomus microaggregatum (7.5).
Ectomycorrhizal Fungus
2,080,000 spores per cc to include: Pisolithus tinctorius (1,788,800) and Rhizopogon (291,200).
Fulvic Acid Plant-derived mineral
Trichoderma 24,960,000 CFU’s per cc to include: Genus Trichoderma (6 species), Gliocladium virens (2 strains), Trichoderma. Harzianum (2 strains), Trichoderma Viride (2 strains).
Phosphate Solubilizing, Nitrogen Fixing and Growth Promoting Bacteria. 16,640,000 CFU’s per cc to include:
GENUS BACILLUS: (32 SPECIES)
Bacillus azotofixans (2 strains)
Bacillus azotoformans (3 strains)
Bacillus polymyza (5 strains)
Bacillus thuringiensis (2 strains)
Bacillus licheniformis (6 strains)
Bacillus pumulis (2 strains)
Bacillus subtilla (10 strains)
Bacillus megaterium (2 strains)
GENUS PSEUDOMONAS: (2 SPECIES)
Pseudomonas aureofaceans (2 strains)
GENUS STREPTOMYCES (2 SPECIES)
Streptomyces lydicus (2 strains)
2% Humic Acid Derived from Leonardite
19% Sea Kelp Extract (Ascophyllum Nodosum)
4% Yucca Plant Extract (Yucca Schidigera)
4% Co-Polymer (Crossed linked acrylamide and potassium acrylate)

first picture below is Tarantula powder
second is Pirahana powder
third is voodoo juice
fourth is great white

L

Lost

Its got the endo's ectos and tricoderm which is all I care about but does anyone know if its water soluable?

M

mellokitty

love this thread, subbed!

haven't bought nutes in a long time (hubby's in charge of that these days) but i do know that activated charcoal (the stuff in your carbon filter) is quite often cheaper if you can find a chemical supplier that deals with the public, than buying it at the hydro shops.

S

smokestack23

I'm guessing...havent tried it yet but...you could probably use the starter in a teta. Have your ewc in one sock and the starter in another? Not really what this thread is all about though..sorry. When someone tries it out hopefully there will be a thread about it. If I get it and use it first I'll be sure to post my results in a new thread.

sky high

sky high

The Starter Mix and the BioRush are both similar in texture/color to the powdered Tarantula as the mix/carrier for the microbes is comprised of pulverized humic/glacial rock/etc.

I would think putting it in a sock to mix in the res, shaking it in a gallon jug/let it settle then strain/use, or maybe just adding it to the crown of the plant in UC/DWC would work well. In all honesty I've only used the products as soil applications. (where they are stellar)

Check that home page...they have a lot of products to offer.

s h

L

Lost

If someone could put up teh recipe of Cal-Mag, that would rock. I remember it being like 20-25 bucks for nuff to make many gallons. I think its 2 or 3 salts mixed in ratio.. :)

L

Lost

The Starter Mix and the BioRush are both similar in texture/color to the powdered Tarantula as the mix/carrier for the microbes is comprised of pulverized humic/glacial rock/etc.

I would think putting it in a sock to mix in the res, shaking it in a gallon jug/let it settle then strain/use, or maybe just adding it to the crown of the plant in UC/DWC would work well. In all honesty I've only used the products as soil applications. (where they are stellar)

Check that home page...they have a lot of products to offer.

s h

I wonder if the bacteria in my dirty sock is beneficial...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Cort

Cort

If someone could put up teh recipe of Cal-Mag, that would rock. I remember it being like 20-25 bucks for nuff to make many gallons. I think its 2 or 3 salts mixed in ratio.. :)
Found here

by googleing recipe of Cal-Mag
Cal-mag is a cheap concoction of calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate and chelated iron sold at an exorbitant price, about 18$ per pint, for use in hydroponics.
CalMag is very handy during flowering where plants use a lot of magnesium and increased calcium. I use it during final flush to stave off magnesium deficiencies.

This recipe costs about 1$ per gallon, and the ingredients can be gotten cheaply online

This recipe is from a friend of mine online, 'fatman', who does fertilizer analysis

fatmans Cal-Mag

ppm
Nitrogen 200
Magnesium 120
Calcium 259
Sulfur 160
Iron 10.00

Grams (ounces)
Calcium Nitrate 488.9
(17.25)
Magnesium Sulfate 464.0 (16.37)
Iron Chelate 38.57 (1.36)

Volume of Stock Solutions 1 gallon
Dilution Rate 100 to 1

Magnesium sulfate online cheap! (Epsom salt)

Calcium nitrate online cheap!

Chelated iron!

Or you can get smaller amounts on ebay!

Calcium nitrate 5lb ebay!

Magnesium sulfate on ebay 2 lb

Chelated iron on ebay

Make a lifetime supply for the price of a quart of the retail stuff!!

I know posting to other forums is frowned upon but...
donttasemet.jpg

L

Lost

GOD - damn dude, you just let the cat out of the bag, thats the recipe for my taint tea...

dextr0

dextr0

582221.jpg

* Price: $13.24
* Free Shipping (USA)

* In Stock
The Carson MicroMax LED Portable Microscope is a powerful 60-100x magnification microscope with an extremely lightweight and portable design. It features a built-in LED illumination which provides bright, clear images with superb color balance. It has a rubber eyecup for comfortable viewing. It is so small and light that it fits easily in your pocket to bring with you anywhere. Images are rendered inverted, because it does not have any prisms in the optical path (this is common to high-magnification devices).

LED illumination renders subjects in high contrast with lifelike color

60-100x Zoom magnification

Lightweight, portable design weighs just over 3 ounces (86g), including batteries

Comfortable rubber eyecup

Built-in lamp operates off of 3 "SR41W" batteries (included)

Fits in a shirt pocket
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
media.nl

http://www.420science.com/420-Scope
420 Scope 60-100x LED Microscope

The 420 Scope is a powerful hand-held microscope for the entire 420 community. Medicinal patients, growers and midnight tokers alike can use the 420 Scope to look for bugs, molds, mildews, ripeness, potency or simply just to admire the beauty of Cannabis.

- Bright, ultra-white LED light
- 60-100X magnification
- Comes with long-lasting batteries

$26.95 ea

S

Sci-fi

Rooting Gels, PGR's, Plant Hormones, Amino acids, ect..

Active ingredients for a fraction of the cost:
http://www.super-grow.biz/IndoleButiricAcidPlantRootingHormone.jsp

Commercial Mixes:

These products represent samples mixes that you can use.

Product Active Ingredients
Chloromone 500 PPM/0.05% IBA 50 PPM/0.005% NAA
Clonex Rooting Hormone Gel 3000 PPM/0.3% IBA
Dip 'N Grow 10,000 PPM/1% IBA 5,000 PPM/0.5% NAA boron
GRO-Root 5,000 PPM/0.5 IBA 2,500 PPM/0.25% NAA
Hormodin #1 1000 PPM/0.1% IBA
Hormodin #2 3000 PPM/0.3% IBA
Hormodin #3 8000 PPM/0.8% IBA
Jiffy-Grow 500 PPM/0.05% IBA 50 PPM/0.005% NAA
Rhizopon AA #1 1000 PPM/ 0.1% IBA
Rhizopon AA #2 3000 PPM/0.3% IBA
Rhizopon AA #3 8000 PPM/0.8% IBA
Rootmax 3000 PPM/0.3% IBA
Stim-Root #1 1000 PPM/0.1% IBA
Stim-Root #2 4000 PPM/0.4% IBA
Woods Rooting Compound 10,000 PPM/1% IBA 5,000 PPM/0.5% NAA

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I hope this thread will end up sticky! great work SH and others...

B

Bobby Smith

They have numerous nutrients for much cheaper that the "name" brands.

http://greenleafnutrients.com/

OMFG that is the best fucking site ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like the "Designer Impostors" (knockoff perfumes/colognes) but for nutes!!!

"Flourish Gro, Micro, and Bloom"!!!

Wow am I stoked...........great find dude.

EDIT: 4.D., you really need to start a new thread with that link to let people see it............I'm giddy like a schoolgirl over here.

4.D.

OMFG that is the best fucking site ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow am I stoked...........great find dude.

EDIT: 4.D., you really need to start a new thread with that link to let people see it............I'm giddy like a schoolgirl over here.

Thanks dude, I think this is a good thread for it though. Perhaps we can do a sticky with all of the goodies and less chit chat once everyone has shared their finds. Your co2 generator / water heater is awesome. I have one of those in my basement, might as well include it into the growspace.:) Hows your octagon coming along?

squarepusher

squarepusher

roughly 1 part calcium nitrate, 1 part epsom salts, then some formulas have iron/micro's

ok, ill give one. Tankless waterheater vs CO2 generator

Top Bottom