Promix HP and tons of issues mid flower! Help

• Thread starter Mrk2006
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i find it easy to water too often and the stuff holds on to nutes. I thought i was watering reasonable dry cycle and feeding ok at 1.4-1.5 to try to correct the yellowing. After a couple weeks i just flushed an extra gallon of water through the 3 gallon pots and re fed at 1.2 -1.3 ec and everything started to get better in a couple days. I overfed and got buildup that did not show on the ec meter. Then the runoff actually goes down. But that is salts attracting salts not the hungry plant it seemed.

My best guess anyway. Hope you get it figured.

Thats the biggest lesson with promix, is compensating for how much nutrient it holds and actually reducing feed rates significantly once you get into mid flower. Overdo the food and it can be hard to detect with meters, and youll be chasing ghosts. Ive even dropped my ec back to 0.8-1ec after the stretch for weeks 4-8 with excellent growth, no yellowing.
Less really is more with promix.

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Thats the biggest lesson with promix, is compensating for how much nutrient it holds and actually reducing feed rates significantly once you get into mid flower. Overdo the food and it can be hard to detect with meters, and youll be chasing ghosts. Ive even dropped my ec back to 0.8-1ec after the stretch for weeks 4-8 with excellent growth, no yellowing.
I was feeding till runoff so I thought I was okay. I was thinking on pulling back a little to that 1.2-1.3 area and seeing. How often are you feeding? I’ve been told daily. I’ve been told twice per week or even 3 times per week... ( feed,dry day, dry day, feed, dry, dry, feed type of schedule) what’s your schedule like

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was feeding till runoff so I thought I was okay. I was thinking on pulling back a little to that 1.2-1.3 area and seeing. How often are you feeding? I’ve been told daily. I’ve been told twice per week or even 3 times per week... ( feed,dry day, dry day, feed, dry, dry, feed type of schedule) what’s your schedule like

i meant to say when you asked i do pour through to about 20% runoff each time.

And i water only when pot is good and light. Dry 2/3 the way down the pot with a probe moisture meter.

but i did learn go too long and the medium shrinks up away from the pot and the roots do not like it.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Hydroguard is not necessary at all in promix fwiw. Not at all. Whats slf100?

Edit; nevermind, enzymes.

If your ph is coming out that low id be thinking one of a few things. Either overfed by quite a bit and now youre dealing with buildup. But with enzymes... not so sure.
You may have watered with too much runoff and washed out much of the calcium buffers in the soil. Or, you could have a pretty bad bacterial bloom in the media. Have you fed mollasses at all?
enzymes .
I learned that using enzyme for flushing is beneficial, and enzyme can also be used for foliage spray.
But no one has ever metioned ph .ppm and How much they need .
man, I remember you used enzyme to flushing which you told me a long time ago.

Tommy626

Tommy626

enzymes .
I learned that using enzyme for flushing is beneficial, and enzyme can also be used for foliage spray.
But no one has ever metioned ph .ppm and How much they need .
man, I remember you used enzyme to flushing which you told me a long time ago.
Canna Coco! A&B w boost

_707Fire_

_707Fire_

Do you run co2 with the ec you’re using? If so what ppm in flower?

_707Fire_

_707Fire_

No, no Co2. If I was going to use Co2 it would be with rockwool and much different feed numbers.
Thanks for the response. I’m constantly having problems between week 4-6 in pro mix hp regardless if I feed 750-1150 ppm with co2 the same ppm as feed. Been super frustrating

Alb

Alb

So running promix HP after a few years with coco. Struggled first few weeks then started to get the feel of it. Now fast forward to this past week days (35-42) and disaster hitting.. leaves slowly turning light green and yellow (even top leaves) upped my feed EC to 1.6-1.7 area and still nothing (even tho I know it could take a week or so to show) plants are just eating themselves alive right now and I’m just lost. Running flora nutes, feed ec is around 1.5 (average). Ph of nutes 6.4, I’ve seen/read people run 5.8-6.5plus... when I ran it at 6.2 my runoff Ph was almost 3.0ph so I upped to 6.4 and was good. All was good till into flower here. Any advice be amazing. Thanks. Temps 73-78, humidity around 50%... runoff EC is now saying super high. Was told don’t worry about runoff numbers for promix. Let alone watering till runoff. So super confused.
Looks like thrips

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Running flora nutes, feed ec is around 1.5 (average). Ph of nutes 6.4, I’ve seen/read people run 5.8-6.5plus... when I ran it at 6.2 my runoff Ph was almost 3.0ph so I upped to 6.4 and was good. All was good till into flower here.
What was done to raise the ph of your runoff besides raising the feed ph a little higher? I would be flushing all of them until they had a higher ph after runoff then adjust your feeding.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

What was done to raise the ph of your runoff besides raising the feed ph a little higher? I would be flushing all of them until they had a higher ph after runoff then adjust your feeding.
I’m trying not to laugh right now, I just realized that this thread was from two and a half years ago 🤣😂🤣😂🤣.

Latest posts

Top Bottom