Promix HP and tons of issues mid flower! Help

• Thread starter Mrk2006
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrk2006

Mrk2006

So running promix HP after a few years with coco. Struggled first few weeks then started to get the feel of it. Now fast forward to this past week days (35-42) and disaster hitting.. leaves slowly turning light green and yellow (even top leaves) upped my feed EC to 1.6-1.7 area and still nothing (even tho I know it could take a week or so to show) plants are just eating themselves alive right now and I’m just lost. Running flora nutes, feed ec is around 1.5 (average). Ph of nutes 6.4, I’ve seen/read people run 5.8-6.5plus... when I ran it at 6.2 my runoff Ph was almost 3.0ph so I upped to 6.4 and was good. All was good till into flower here. Any advice be amazing. Thanks. Temps 73-78, humidity around 50%... runoff EC is now saying super high. Was told don’t worry about runoff numbers for promix. Let alone watering till runoff. So super confused.

Promix hp and tons of issues mid flower help
Promix hp and tons of issues mid flower help 2
Promix hp and tons of issues mid flower help 3
Promix hp and tons of issues mid flower help 4
Promix hp and tons of issues mid flower help 5
Promix hp and tons of issues mid flower help 6
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Your ph and ec are too high. With promix i like to keep it closer to 6ph-6.2, and an ec of about 1.2-1.3 for that stage.

If ph of runoff is really low Id suspect a nutrient bulidup and lockout situation.

Also, your pots seem way too small. With promix id use a 3-5 gallon pot pr plant unless youre flipping clones with no veg kinda thing.

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

November 14th. This was when the one side of room started going lighter. Been chasing since. Tried flushing for lockout then upping nutes ect and no luck.

6BEEEEDA 41C9 4E0D A6E3 600844CC658E
Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Have you ruled out root pests?
Yes. I actually cut a plant down just to check. No issues that I saw. Looked at it under a few different scopes and lights. I know I had/have fungus gnats. But been slowly going away.. never know could be root pests but I’m not seeing anything else since hitting the pots hard for Gnacontrol few weeks ago.

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

How often are you watering?
My focus was to run it like this... water, dry,dry,feed, dry, dry, water for the week... I’ve got close to that. Sometimes swapping in an extra feed. But normally on the 3rd day after watering/feed gets another. So I’d water/feed Monday, Thursday, sun. Then keep going

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

I have been trying to dial in pro mix hp and dyne grow nutes and my plants yellowed and lost lower leaves at 1.5 ec. They are greening back up flushed a bit and fed at 1.3ec.

feeding/watering twice per week.
Yeah I was debating on dropping it a little. WhTs you ph at for nutes? I’m wondering if I have a huge N issue and plant not taking up N and that’s why the yellowing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I was debating on dropping it a little. WhTs you ph at for nutes? I’m wondering if I have a huge N issue and plant not taking up N and that’s why the yellowing.

in and out consistently at about 6.2-6.3.

When i tried putting in at about 6.7 still comes back at 6.2-6.3. Pro mix seems stable. Even at week 8.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hydroguard is not necessary at all in promix fwiw. Not at all. Whats slf100?

Edit; nevermind, enzymes.

If your ph is coming out that low id be thinking one of a few things. Either overfed by quite a bit and now youre dealing with buildup. But with enzymes... not so sure.
You may have watered with too much runoff and washed out much of the calcium buffers in the soil. Or, you could have a pretty bad bacterial bloom in the media. Have you fed mollasses at all?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yes. I actually cut a plant down just to check. No issues that I saw. Looked at it under a few different scopes and lights. I know I had/have fungus gnats. But been slowly going away.. never know could be root pests but I’m not seeing anything else since hitting the pots hard for Gnacontrol few weeks ago.

Buy food grade hydrogen peroxide this will kill the eggs and larvae....dilute to .5% no worries used it 100% works....never used it in flower though. If you recycle soil just drench it good. If in veg water in like you normally would nutes. 20% runoff....i buy the 35% dilute 69 parts water to 1 part 35% thatll give you .5%...they go away and stay away!! No bullshit

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Your ph and ec are too high. With promix i like to keep it closer to 6ph-6.2, and an ec of about 1.2-1.3 for that stage.

If ph of runoff is really low Id suspect a nutrient bulidup and lockout situation.

Also, your pots seem way too small. With promix id use a 3-5 gallon pot pr plant unless youre flipping clones with no veg kinda thing.
Pots are 7s,

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Buy food grade hydrogen peroxide this will kill the eggs and larvae....dilute to .5% no worries used it 100% works....never used it in flower though. If you recycle soil just drench it good. If in veg water in like you normally would nutes. 20% runoff....i buy the 35% dilute 69 parts water to 1 part 35% thatll give you .5%...they go away and stay away!! No bullshit
Haven’t seen any since using this Gnatrol... I ran h202 and killed most of. Using gnatrol to keep them away.

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

in and out consistently at about 6.2-6.3.

When i tried putting in at about 6.7 still comes back at 6.2-6.3. Pro mix seems stable. Even at week 8.
Yeah idk what my issue is lol. When I had it at 6.0-6.2 in veg runoff ph was like 4.2ph... upped to6.4 and it was just below that... haven’t really check lately because I was told don’t worry about runoff ec or ph. But I did order a soil ph meter so I can see what the root zone is at and maybe that will help... I also water till runoff to maybe my dolomite lime is gone and medium not correcting the ph? Frustrating

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Hydroguard is not necessary at all in promix fwiw. Not at all. Whats slf100?

Edit; nevermind, enzymes.

If your ph is coming out that low id be thinking one of a few things. Either overfed by quite a bit and now youre dealing with buildup. But with enzymes... not so sure.
You may have watered with too much runoff and washed out much of the calcium buffers in the soil. Or, you could have a pretty bad bacterial bloom in the media. Have you fed mollasses at all?
I ran recharge that had it in it? But haven’t used since flower. I JUST tossed in new azos/mykos last week and used some molasses with it after a flush. But yeah the low ph was an early in veg thing that was solved pretty quick. Didn’t have issues till week 3.5 of flower and now day 41 it’s showing more. I was reading maybe it’s a low N? Low nitro will start showing low and move up so maybe N is locked out or I’m not using enough.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah idk what my issue is lol. When I had it at 6.0-6.2 in veg runoff ph was like 4.2ph... upped to6.4 and it was just below that... haven’t really check lately because I was told don’t worry about runoff ec or ph. But I did order a soil ph meter so I can see what the root zone is at and maybe that will help... I also water till runoff to maybe my dolomite lime is gone and medium not correcting the ph? Frustrating

i find it easy to water too often and the stuff holds on to nutes. I thought i was watering reasonable dry cycle and feeding ok at 1.4-1.5 to try to correct the yellowing. After a couple weeks i just flushed an extra gallon of water through the 3 gallon pots and re fed at 1.2 -1.3 ec and everything started to get better in a couple days. I overfed and got buildup that did not show on the ec meter. Then the runoff actually goes down. But that is salts attracting salts not the hungry plant it seemed.

My best guess anyway. Hope you get it figured.

Top Bottom