Proper aeroponics/Nutramist?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

I've been obsessively searching the intarwebs for misting nozzles and any other means to create a nutrient mist between 5 and 50 microns...mainly because the x-stream propagators and the like at the budget end of things seem to me to be upside down drippers (i.e. it chucks water drops at the roots rather than misting).

First up - has anyone used an ultrasonic pond mister in their setup? The component itself seems cheap enough (about 20 quid for a small one, 60 for a mid capacity) for the job it does and seems to turn any tub/tank into a potential aero setup.

Secondly - anyone using anything by Nutramist? In partic their fogger seems awesome....has 3 x medium ultrasonic misters in it and a hose to plug into any existing setup you have (can move from prop to veg etc). The only downside is that it seems to produce droplets of less than 5 microns, which is apparently not optimal for root growth (too much hair).

Thirdly - has anyone adapted one of those patio mister systems I've seen in hot countries for growing? The high pressure setup with nozzles and hose seems like it's ideal for aero but I can't find anyone doing it (too noisy?). They don't sell them here, but I bet at a US costco or such they sell a basic home setup kit....I'd love to chuck one in a box and use it for aero....is this mad?

EDIT: p.s. I've seen the atomix kit, but that's silly money for me...the nutramist fogger is about 350 quid/700 USD is expensive but do-able if it really does speed things up/bring better yields...

Top Bottom