Props and Crops

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingKobi

KingKobi

On the plant front, girls doin really well. Update photo Monday night. Ordered some decent fans last night and get the inline and air filter sited and sorted over the next few days. In the absence of that things are warm in there but looks like WW can handle it. Running 20/4, lights out just in time for when i get home from work. In the meantime i leave a couple of those lower rectangular vent flaps at the tent base open during the day to give just a bit of heat dissipation inside the tent.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Weekly pic update.
Below is day 8 of 84, two days before the girls went into the hydro setup 5 days ago
1ED81332 D016 4133 998D CF8E1E06C05A

The update pics here are 7 days later, day 15 from seed up.
So 5 days in system, 15 from germ of 84 available days b4 chop
22F0AE20 1425 4415 BE31 3CC18AC6EFD2

This is an indicative shot of the 4. They are being pushed pretty hard light wise and don’t look quite as green in the shot as they do to the eye.
They are clearly ahead of the girl who is being orphaned out today, but she in good nick too.
Heller 40cm kickass fan in there today not blowing directly on plants. Opened one of the roof outlets to assist w heat removal.
They are due for a feed Wednesday, see if they are asking for it.
Growth is very noticeable day on day but i might need to remove a light bulb or two if you guys think the possible heat/light stress is overly detrimental. KK

KingKobi

KingKobi

Orright, quick one….
I have been in the wine game most of my adult life - we are very big on aromatics and learning to describe them.
Fast forward to now.
My WW Auto girls are basically 2 weeks from germ and 1 week in the tent, I swear when i open it up each day, I just get the faintest weed whif.
I am not a smoker but have a well developed nose due to my work background.
Am I dreaming or do i just have a really perceptive schnozz?

KingKobi

KingKobi

I knew It.
To quote Matt Damon, “The nose plays”….Anyone remember the film?

Anywho, 7 days in the system today, 17 days from germination of 84 days available.
I check the plants at lights off around 5pm each day and the last few days there has been the tiniest weed whiff when i open the tent up for a look. Caught the same tiny scent tonight when i opened the tent and decided to have a deep sniff right at plant level.
Absolutely no mistaking the smell whatsoever. It’s not massive but it is definitely there.
AT 17 DAYS…. It dissipates quickly but yep, it’s there. Time to fast track the fan filter installation.

Now for the fun fact:

I removed and delivered the orphaned seedling tonight, 5 plants only 4 holes. She had been in the tent the same time but just in her 75mm Grodan cube. She is not quite the size of the others but wait for this, absolutely zero weed smell at all. None, zippo.

That has done my head in but I can’t be ar$ed with the possible whys and wherefore, just thought it was worth sharing.

Girls doing well, really just getting down into the nutrient solution so I won’t bother feeding again for awhile. I have been top watering most days from system water and they look fine.

Dassit

KingKobi

KingKobi

10 days in the system, 20 since germination of 84 days available.
Second small veg feed and about 10% water changeout, in reality a couple of buckets worth.
Typical WW auto growth, low and tightly stacked nodes. Weekly update pic in 2 days.
Root growth is pretty amazing for such young plants. They like their new hydro home.

KingKobi

KingKobi

12 days in the system, 22 days since germination. These WW Autos have had 2 weak feeds only (CC nutes) but seem to be doing just fine. Any thoughts/feedback appreciated.
View attachment 1181878
Just thought it was worth noting 2perhaps different phenos here. The girl front lhs is a more vertical plant compared to the other 3 that have that more traditional squat WW Auto growth look. She also has a completely different root structure to the other 3. She has 3 distinct even main tap roots with branching off them, quite structured. The other 3 are just hell for leather getting down into the water. It will be interesting to see how she evolves compared to the others and whether she develops any different aromatic characteristics Etc. Oh and i must get started on some gentle lst. I am thinking cup hooks stuck to the side of the grow tubs and whatever I have to tie the plant to the hook. Keep it simple.

I need to give some thought to my first crop of normal photos. I want to veg them for 6-8 weeks and have them ready to flip and place in their net pots as soon as the Autos finish. Perhaps I can place a tub on the floor of the tent, add some air stones to it off the existing setup. I am running 18/6 so that won’t be a problem. The system will be flushed prior to harvesting the WW girls. Have some cutouts in the lid of the tub for the 75mm Rockwool cubes and drill a couple holes for the air stones tubing.

It sounds too simple, but it will probably work…😎

KingKobi

KingKobi

Geez things are moving quick here, i really need to jump on some cup hooks and get the lst happening. Melbourne Cup weekend in Australia this weekend as we escape from, cue Michael Buffer, The “LOOONGEST LOCKDOWN IN THE WOOOOORLD.” Gunna be 4-5 days of consecutive NY Eve i reckon. Gotta get sorted now or i will be looking at single stem trees in a week or two.

Anyone have an opinion on what to pop for my first Photo grow. I have BB3, GG4 and Gorilla Zkittlez. I hope to veg them for 6-8 weeks before they go into the system around first second week of January. I am thinking 2 seeds of 2 varieties to spread harvest over 2-3 weeks. Again, input welcome.
Cheers

KingKobi

KingKobi

Hey @Aquaman this ones for you.
Just got my first power bill. Average kWh charge is 19.8c, my final cost is 11.1c kWh. The solar rebate is 6.7c/kWh. The solar is producing more than i am using which is why the discrepancy between 19.8 and 11.1 is> 6.7. You will geddit, I think i geddit, just need a brewski to chew it over 😂🍻
Essentially based on my current usage and current solar production, the panels are worth 8.7c kWh to me. I think. I drink.
KK

FourPlants

FourPlants

Nice looking setup mate! That is awesome on the solar, I wish I could get off the grid completely. I feel like half my power bill is fees

Plants looking good keep it up!

KingKobi

KingKobi

Thanks mate. Really trying to keep this first grow indoors low tech and we will take things slowly.
The girls are telling me they ready for another feed so i will do that today and then leave them alone like i do every other day😊

KingKobi

KingKobi

So had these lying around doing nothing
F76F5DFA 5871 4086 AAC1 9E0C6F2B65B9
And thought i would put them to good use (my Indian name is Four Toes)
BD11A535 FE69 44BC BCD5 08E98A3FB4D3
Looks terrible but we all know how quickly they bounce back
I have taken the main stem of each plant and stretched it to the side or rear of the tent to allow other lower bud growth to come up more centrally in the middle of the tent.

14 days in the system and 24 since germination. I made an executive decision to switch to bloom fert tonight. This will give them the full recommended 8 weeks for CC nutes and allow me a few days to flush b4 chop chop on day 84. 10% water change at the same time. Time will prove me right or wrong.

Growth day on day is pretty amazing

KingKobi

KingKobi

Pretty important day, 15 in the system, 25 since germination, about a third of the way there. Thought it worth noting what they look like 24 hours after lst and first CC Bloom feed. To the eye, they are immediately a deeper green and boy have they straightened out quick

KingKobi

KingKobi

A little heat stress in one or two fan leaves here and there. It shows itself as a slight inward curving of the leaf. The pic below is probably a good example

4CDD3E88 CFF3 4085 8A6A 2E40013E5858
This is the girl who is a little more upright than the other 3.
Two step plan of attack:
1) Remove some lighting, it has been pretty fierce
2) Instal High tech water cooler, ie massive block of ice, into Res tank. I can do this as required b4 getting a water chiller if needed.

Let’s see what happens over the next few days

KingKobi

KingKobi

Took 2 of the 4x315 CMH lights out b4 lights on last night.
Much more pleasant temp in there this morning. Res tank nice and cool, girls look a bit happier.
Let’s see what happens to growth rates

N

Newber

Beaming those girls is how I roll... 😂 They will be craving that light soon enough. What temps were you hitting with all the lights?

KingKobi

KingKobi

Running low tech atm although a high end system. It was way too warm and 4x315 CMH for babies is heavy duty. They have been battling on very well. I also noticed kinks in 2 of the air hoses in tanks of the affected girls which would have affected the roots ability to uptake diminishing oxygen at higher temps. Sorted.
Just about to have a look now 24 hrs later b4 lights out but it was definitely cooler in there this morning. Thanks for taking an interest.
Cheers mate.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Aaaaand we good. Much cooler water temp to the hand, cool, not warm. Affected girls have responded immediately overnight.
6-7kg block ice (tap) to go into res tank at lights on tonight. Can do this next few (warm) days and then we have an extended burst of cool weather.
They have actually been handling the light really well. WW Autos don’t seem to mind the heat as long as they can get that air to the roots.
This is a test crop and I have been barely running the exhaust filtration fan, Hellar 40cm tent fan is on for lights on only. I open the tent completely (and hidden garage door) at lights out to bring the room back to ambient. This is not ideal but gives me a little low tech flexibility during a busy work schedule Atm.
Temp and O2 wise, yes, I am pushing it but I must give credit to ILGM, pretty good genetics, pretty sturdy girls.

If i can come up with a suitable low tech cooling solution in the short term, great. Prolly buy a decent chiller to kick the photos off with to remove one failure point from the setup When they go in soon.

I will run reduced lights just for a few more days. Be interesting to see what effect it has on my power consumption I get data up to date within 48 hours so interesting to see how it affects my usage.

Top Bottom