Props and Crops

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingKobi

KingKobi

The block of ice melted reasonably quickly this morning but after a warm weather day, system water temp is still cool.
Ambient in the tent was cool when i opened her up for a look b4 lights out, my feeling is 18-19C as opposed to high 20s prior to taking thone 2 globes out.
If i can stabilise water temps in my low tech way, I will put another light in Wednesday, feed night. Sit on the last light for another week.
These girls are bushing right up and for no particular reason, i feel they might go closer to 14 weeks in total rather than 10. Hydro is a pretty sweet setup up if you a plant. It’s like a buffet, everything is there and ya can help yaself. I am used to 4-5 stems outdoors on Auto WW. These seem to have more so I just might have to “massage” that first rental inspection until early in the new year 😉

KingKobi

KingKobi

Defol thoughts:
IIRC a lot of ppl defol around day 21 of flower w their photos. I guess this is so the fan leaves can really drive some energy into developing young buds early in flowering, don’t know.
I would like to do a nip and tuck here and there w the WW Autos. Typically with mine, fan leaves are as big as your palm, not your hand.
I have a lot of lush growth (feeding flowering nutes reasonably heavily from now on) and plenty of prospective bud sites, some hidden.

Is it too early to do a defol on day 7 of flowering w an Auto? There are plenty of bud sites but bc WW Auto is quite compact, some are hidden.
My gut feeling is if I defol steadily over a few days from now, exposed bud sites will then develop quicker.

I would welcome feedback from some genuine knowledge here. My feeling is it could get me out of that 2-3 oz yield if left as it, but up to 4-6 with some discreet defol to encourage currently crowded bud sites.

Thoughts?

KingKobi

KingKobi

Let’s work shop it….
Autos, 30 days in, end first week flower nutes.
Lush growth, hidden buds, smallish but plenty fan leaves.
In the next 24 hrs I am thinking trim, feed and drop that next big mofo block ice in after my 10% weekly water change.
If I am a plant trying to reproduce, I am high fiving everyone for the love and attention this guy is throwing my way.
Or am I completely wrong????

KingKobi

KingKobi

Power Usage Update
So i took 2x315 cmh globes out last week cos a couple girls were a bit stressed.
Over the ensuing 2/3 days, my household power usage dropped from approx 20kwh/day to 10kwh/day on a roughly 19/5, 18/6 schedule, so by half.
I am on my own running buggerall else, so can conclude that my 315cmh globes are using approx 5kwh/day each on my current run cycle.
At 10kwh/day usage with the solar panels producing 26-28 kWh/day, my power bill is essentially zip.
I will put a 3rd globe back in the tent this week sometime and usage should then run to 15kwh/day. See if that is what happens.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Mid week update.
Exactly 3 weeks in the system, 31 days from germination, day 8 of flower.
One off defol to expose bud sites just prior to lights off. I tried to clean up the lower and middle parts of each plant. After that i (reluctantly) plucked some significant fan leaves that were shading emerging bud sites.
Just fed week 2 nutes (half strength) 6 hours later at lights on.
Photos below 6 hours after defol and 6 hours lights off at lights on.
8-10 bud sites per plant, still thinking they might go long.
Water/tent temps feel lovely and cool.

Girl below is upright girl front lhs. After defol she has clearly got 7-8 bud sites.
A273ED32 B6FC 4403 A0BC 6640CA64BB9B

Girl below is current star, back lhs nearly 10 bud sites
3666D2B4 00F2 4EBF 9013 36998AF5EE90
Girl below, back rhs, early star, nearly 10 bud sites
96E7F1AB A964 4BF7 A325 7AB9BB9F782E
And girl front rhs, also doing well
65248746 B00A 4940 9AF6 EC6173CCD892

KingKobi

KingKobi

Really nice comeback by the girls today. Filled out and proud and happy prior to lights out, not that haggard look they have just after defol 24hours earlier. I think backing off the lights has been a big help too, cooler water, cooler roots, no burn anywhere. Happy plants.
Note to self:
Less
Is
More

KingKobi

KingKobi

Cheers Newber, I continue to be surprised just how quickly these girls grow.
I am very hopeful about the trim 2 days ago. Hidden budsites filled those gaps practically overnight. They all have a really nice even umbrella type shape now. Really looking fwd to the comparative update shots on Monday.

KingKobi

KingKobi

And cheers to you. Time for a Friday night drinkie winkie. Made nearly 1500 coffees in the last 7 days and I ain’t 21. I am cooked. AND thirsty 🍻

OldFarmer

OldFarmer

Hi @KingKobi
It is very rare that I read a whole thread but your thread I read two times
very interesting and I have solar panels to power 4xT5 function very well
I have read you well and I did enjoy my trip in your thread....A Big Thanks KOBI 👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Hi @OldFarmer, thank you for the kind words and very nice to meet you.
The journal is somewhat cathartic given my life circumstances.
Growing gives me an interest and purpose outside my work life. Documenting it here will give me something to look back on.
The solar panels will help mitigate my power use and keep me under the radar, added bonus is the insulating effect they have on the house when i get home on a hot sunny day. Always nice and cool inside.
Cheers
KK

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Somehow I'm just now seeing this! Sorry KK, thanks for the shout out in the original post. 🙂

In the future you can tag people by putting a @ in front of their username. Like I'm gonna do here with @Dirtbag, who should check out the opening post too.

You're killing it in here!

KingKobi

KingKobi

Somehow I'm just now seeing this! Sorry KK, thanks for the shout out in the original post. 🙂

In the future you can tag people by putting a @ in front of their username. Like I'm gonna do here with @Dirtbag, who should check out the opening post too.

You're killing it in here!
Cheers Man, have really enjoyed your grow thread. Pretty inspiring.
Bit of a baseline grow for me to kick off w some of last year’s WW Auto seeds.
I will get the measuring bells and whistles in time, just want to get a low tech grow out and see how it flys.
Most serious guys here do dirt, which i get from a holistic pov but i don’t quite have that knowledge yet so this will work well for now i hope.

On the grow front, got some slight new growth tip discolouration here and there I noticed just now. Gave the girls a pretty decent feed Wednesday and IIRC it is tip burn from over feeding? I have seen photos of it here somewhere. Will do a bit more digging.
Thanks again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @Aquaman this ones for you.
Just got my first power bill. Average kWh charge is 19.8c, my final cost is 11.1c kWh. The solar rebate is 6.7c/kWh. The solar is producing more than i am using which is why the discrepancy between 19.8 and 11.1 is> 6.7. You will geddit, I think i geddit, just need a brewski to chew it over 😂🍻
Essentially based on my current usage and current solar production, the panels are worth 8.7c kWh to me. I think. I drink.
KK
Heya brother... didn't get the tag. Need the space between Aqua and man.

That's pretty dam sweet.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Teaser update for tomoz:
I think there might be something to be said for a judicious light defol for WW Autos somewhere around a month after germination, early in flowering.
These girls appear to have powered thru it and I am pretty pumped for tomorrow’s weekly photo update.
Stay tuned….

KingKobi

KingKobi

Weekly Update on first WW Auto Grow
Day 13 of flower, day 26 in the system, day 36 from germination. 5 days after mini defol last week. You wouldn’t know there had been a defol at all! Girls filling in well.
Below is girl front lhs, she has always been slightly behind the others but looks vibrant
DF848B69 8E12 41D8 A3F5 B6A41C6B0B71
Girl back lhs. She has layered herself towards the rear of the tent and all bud sites seem pretty nicely exposed

2C74E65B AF46 403B 9C06 5092933B52C7
Girl back rhs below. Slight tip burn on new growth but otherwise fine
8283EDFD 8675 4C23 BD5A FC924484CE83
Front rhs below, bushing right up
B545A1FE 1A42 4D68 B3C1 1DA6EAA50F19

KingKobi

KingKobi

Power usage update:
Been 6 days since i removed 2 of the globes in the setup.
Household power usage is now 65c/day down from $2/day when all 4 globes were running.
The girls look a little less stressed, bit of a wait and see if we need to amp it back up again as they continue into flower.

Top Bottom