Props and Crops

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Yep makes perfect sense.

You have your lights off during the night?

Mine runs through the night till early morning, so lights are off during the day when it's warmer.

A dehumidifier you'll need for sure when in bloom, especiially when RH is up and down like a yo yo.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Lights run 9pm-5pm.
Ordered the dehu today and picking it up tonight/tomoz.
Gotta look after the babies
Awesome nothing better when something new makes it's way into the tent! :P

Enjoy the new dehu amigo. :)

KingKobi

KingKobi

Happy Friday folks.🥂
Quick question for the Farm Fam:
My WW auto girls are going off their brains and 3 of the 4 girls have 16 tops. I am feeding bloom nutes (3 weeks now) and there is a pretty heavy foliage canopy.
1) Will i get all those heads thru ok feed wise? They seem to look ok
2) Do i do any further defol?

I suspect we are looking at the upper end yield wise for Autos but want to do the right thing by the girls. They seem happy, I am probably a bit more concerned about canopy management than yield. KK

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Happy Friday folks.🥂
Quick question for the Farm Fam:
My WW auto girls are going off their brains and 3 of the 4 girls have 16 tops. I am feeding bloom nutes (3 weeks now) and there is a pretty heavy foliage canopy.
1) Will i get all those heads thru ok feed wise? They seem to look ok
2) Do i do any further defol?

I suspect we are looking at the upper end yield wise for Autos but want to do the right thing by the girls. They seem happy, I am probably a bit more concerned about canopy management than yield. KK
Funny you mentioned this, i was in the tent just before logging on here, and i laid down on my back so i could look right up into the canopy and wow i had missed so many leaves that needed to be removed.

It also made me realize i had developed a bad habit when i had the screen/netting over them.

When i saw a fan leaf blocking other sites, i was tucking them under the net instead of cutting them off, rapid growth put them quickly out of sight and out of mind.

They were all tucked up and tangled, very happy i did that i never would have seen them otherwise.

So that was my lesson learnt, don't procrastinate on the defol. :P

Oh happy Friday!

KingKobi

KingKobi

Weekend greetings from Downunder.
The girls are in full on beast mode, cruising thru 25 gallons of water/week.
Enter over engineered (as usual) DeLonghi Dehu. There are standards and levels to be reached Mr Dehu otherwise there be consequences and repercussions.
Essentially it means running the scrubber all day and the dehu all night, fans run 24/7.

Girls are stacking an rackin like a, well, you know.
Promising weekly update pics etc in another day or so.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Special Day 50 Update:

First Appearance of white hairs on you guessed it (drumroll pls), girl front lhs.
Checked out plenty of grow diaries on these WW Autos just to get a bit of an idea where i am at.
It seems in terms of plant development (ie genetics), I am pretty much bang on development wise in terms of where the girls are s’posed to be around day 50.

Where i seem to be a Liddell ahead of the curve is size of the plants, which I attribute to hydro. Girls 80-85cm height, 50% stretch this week.
Good soil grows in tent for WW Autos seem to range around that 3-4oz/plant dry weight Final yield. I have seen some outliers around 7-8 ounces/plant which I am not expecting. I would think given my light setup (beefed up) and being hydro that somewhere around 4oz +/plant might be a reasonable first up result.

Further news of the day:
Tent and water warm to touch this morning after first night of Mr Dehu. He ran hard all night. Also warm day today weather wise as we crawl towards summer. Humidity in the tent was fine this morning but the girls looked like they needed a chill pill. Plants a little droopy at lights out tonight. Enter 10kg block ice. System temp now good.

I have left the oscillating fan on at lights out but turned everything else off, (except the water pump of course.) I completely unzipped the sides of the tent just to get a bit of an unhindered view of the size of the girls.
If the garage is somewhat lightproof, I may run with the tent unzipped from lights on tonight. I expect this would help w temps and humidity around the girls. It will mean no dehu and i may even turn the oscillating fan off.

Interesting times. Weekly photo and video update tomoz.
KK

KingKobi

KingKobi

Weekly Update WW Autos 40 days in system, 50 days from germination

Girl frontlhs below. She has always been the runt but the first to (just)show pistils
CD3C2438 2E8C 47CC 90D8 1F1B308F23F1

And top down
5B443C5C 0C75 48A9 BD8B 0C16E0647320

Girl back lhs below, more stocky/bushy
763238F5 E182 4E0F BC5D 520DF698BD8F

And top down
50D3B4E5 4D06 4B91 89A3 AE16B438684F

Girl back rhs below, BOOMING
F4BE6401 EDC6 4595 A683 41C1D1906BC8

Top down, she 15-20cm from the lights
5858D580 A0D3 439F 911F 414678151D5E

Girl front rhs, chugging along nicely
583D58C9 FED2 4149 981B 3BEC6C2765A2

And top down
C051C575 E495 49D8 95B7 084C19186A65

KingKobi

KingKobi

Getting twitchy.
Should i do this, should i do that.
They finish quick so 28-35 days to go which will put them at 11-12 weeks from germination. Still can’t quite get over the quickness of their life cycle.
Guess i should just feed for another couple weeks during the peak of bloom and reassess at that stage around flushing prior to harvest.
Does this sound about right Farm Folk?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Jeebus they have blown up quick mate looking awesome healthy as to great job so far man now the fun begins for ya watchin them big fat buds stack on the weight very impressive👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Jeebus they have blown up quick mate looking awesome healthy as to great job so far man now the fun begins for ya watchin them big fat buds stack on the weight very impressive👍
“Jeebus”, a fellow Simpsons lover😂.
I appreciate the support JLTG. Really, I am a bit of a nuffie but I am trying hard.
Corny but I am just trying to do the right thing by the girls. They are doing their best for me so I kinda owe it to them.

I read that WW bud can be fluffy so I will be dialling in Mr Dehu around 40% from now on to try and harden those nugs up.
They got their biggest feed last week and the growth since is astounding. See how we go over the next 7 days. Thanks again man.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Getting to the pointy end.
Mr Dehu will reside outside the tent from now on adjacent to one of the lower rear vent flaps, blowing hot air away from the tent. I really want to get that RH down but can’t have him in the tent cos of the heat. This should be a workable solution. Let ya know.

Thinking about the next grow which still has to be Auto.
I have some GSC Auto seed arriving this week and 5 of these WW still left from last year.
I am inclined to give the Cookies a run. Any thoughts?
I will probably germinate them around end first week December, then into the 75mm Rockpool cubes and plant in the system after harvest and clean down end December.
Sound like a plan?

KingKobi

KingKobi

Cheers Bro.
It seems the 2 girls at the front and big girl back rhs are thru the stretch.
Bushy girl back lhs still has a bit of reaching for the stars to do.
I think my main issue from here to harvest will be humidity. Get on top of that and I hope i will be ok

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Cheers Bro.
It seems the 2 girls at the front and big girl back rhs are thru the stretch.
Bushy girl back lhs still has a bit of reaching for the stars to do.
I think my main issue from here to harvest will be humidity. Get on top of that and I hope i will be ok
Humidity can be insane, for me the tent is in a bedroom which gets hit by the sun and for a long time, so keeping the tent happy on the outside has been hard for me lol.

What I'm using in an A/C but has built in dehumidifier, it's a dual cycle so removes the heat and humidity whilst cooling the room, for summer it's going to come in handy.

Maybe try something like that, a bigger unit with some grunt, you have the same size tent as me don't you?

KingKobi

KingKobi

Ok, first proper bump in the road. Got some bright orange right at the tips of leaves on 3 of the girls. I am thinking potassium deficiency.
Checked an old thread here and that looks to be the case. @Aqua Man and @GNick55 chimed in on that old thread with those thoughts.

Feeding CC nutes, mid bloom and have fed reasonably heavily for autos this past 2 weeks. Should i sit on my hands or take remedial action?
I don’t measure anything, this is low tech and the girls have been and still look fine.

I am 4 weeks or so from finish so don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Will put a pic up at lights on in a few hours.
ps: Can’t move my lights any higher.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, first proper bump in the road. Got some bright orange right at the tips of leaves on 3 of the girls. I am thinking potassium deficiency.
Checked an old thread here and that looks to be the case. @Aqua Man and @GNick55 chimed in on that old thread with those thoughts.

Feeding CC nutes, mid bloom and have fed reasonably heavily for autos this past 2 weeks. Should i sit on my hands or take remedial action?
I don’t measure anything, this is low tech and the girls have been and still look fine.

I am 4 weeks or so from finish so don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Will put a pic up at lights on in a few hours.
ps: Can’t move my lights any higher.
Typical time for the increased demand for K. Have pics?

Top Bottom